[Implemented] EV training ideas

Why would you do this? Why would vitamin trading be a problem? Hell if anything id say they should let us buy as many vitamins as we want and use as many as we need on a poke. Even back b4 the money nerf vitamins were kinda expensive so if they lowered the price to reflect the nerf they would still be a luxury item that not everyone can afford. If you let us use 25 of these on our poke then it becomes a bigger money sink and money becomes more valuable bc there will be something else to do with it.

Because, I am suggesting a huge price cut on vitamins, so that they are cost effective, however you are only able to buy a couple a day. Thus tradeing them would need to be prevented, and they could only be used on your OT pokemon (to prevent alt account creations for vitamin ev training). That last part makes it a bit too complicated, so my idea probably won't happen. not to mention people who buy comps would not be able to use vitamins to rearrange evs...

Because, I am suggesting a huge price cut on vitamins, so that they are cost effective, however you are only able to buy a couple a day. Thus tradeing them would need to be prevented, and they could only be used on your OT pokemon (to prevent alt account creations for vitamin ev training). That last part makes it a bit too complicated, so my idea probably won't happen. not to mention people who buy comps would not be able to use vitamins to rearrange evs...

I see what you mean, but i honestly don't like vitamins, the only way they're gonna be better then paying someone to ev train for you is if they all costs 1000$ each, or less which that won't happen as must ev training  people normally go 20k+ for a whole pokemon (note this is not to help me or anyone else just thought i'd share my ideas about it)

I see what you mean, but i honestly don't like vitamins, the only way they're gonna be better then paying someone to ev train for you is if they all costs 1000$ each, or less which that won't happen as must ev training  people normally go 20k+ for a whole pokemon (note this is not to help me or anyone else just thought i'd share my ideas about it)

where is the guy doing it for 20k a poke?

• 6 months later...

So i was thinking, in XY there are horde battles where you can battled 5 ( i think ) wild pokes at once. This means 5x EVs

Now, that would be impossible to have right now on PokeMMO for various reasons, but what about a "Trainer Style" wild pokes horde?

Something like a wild encounter where you have to battle 5 ( using the basic horde number from XY ) in a row. This will allow to get more EVs in a single encounter and will lessen a little the pain of EV training a  poke, without removing the grinding part. And it'll be fun and will make people happy 

About the % of encountering a horde and things like that, i don't know.

Now, that would be impossible to have right now on PokeMMO for various reasons, but what about a "Trainer Style" wild pokes horde?

Sort of defeats the main con of horde battles - being you take 5 hits before you're able to select your one.

And having a move hit 5 times would just be confusing.

If we were to implement horde battles, we may as well do it properly.

Since last update, training EVs become even more boring, so i'm giving a "new" ideas:

• Low level pokemon swarms that help us to train def or sp def (HP, ATK and maybe SPD its kinda easy).
  • At least 1 day of the week with doubles all EV points gained (without macho brace).
  • Double or triple all EV points gained forever :V

swarms seem like a good idea, im sure everyone is tired of killing hundreds of tentacools for hours while they watch tv

i like the special once a day a week thing, similar to how maplestory does 2x EXP on weekends

another idea is implementing an item similar to Macho Brace in the Trainer Tower

The other pkmn gens have held items that multiply specific EVs

too many UTs to EV now days lol 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about:

1) Trainers, which a player can re-battle every 12 hours via versus seeker, who give 10 EVs in a certain stat. A fisherman with Seaking, Gyarados, Sharpedo, Kabutops and Kingler. An electrician with a Raichu, Electrode, Electabuzz, Jolteon and Smeargle. A hilker with Steelix, Skarmory, Poliwrath and Golem. Etcetera 

2) Instead of trainers only giving pokeyen for winning, have some give vitamins and battle items. Just nerf Vitamin sale price at pokemarts.

3) When it rains EV yields are doubled.

4) A random game time, where all pokemon have an extra EV, sorta like a happy hour. Mark it with a symbol by the night and day symbols.

5) If a lower level pkmn defeats a higher level pkmn, the lower level pkmn gets double EVs.

6) similar to #1, after a player has completed the storyline, the 6 gyms with the most trainers, reopen with level 65+ pkmn of a single EV yeild. Players can re-challenge the gym every 24 hours.

Obviously implementing all of these would drastically change the exp and ev mechanics of pokemmo. Implementing a few of the suggestions, however, would make ev and exp grinding less boring and could be balanced by minor changes to other mechanics. To balance the additions perhaps increase E4 cooldown to 2 hours and/or Increase versus seeker cooldown to 24 hours. 

• 1 year later...