[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@JTE
Thanks for your hardwork. The updated mod set would be very useful for people who wants to further edit their client without having to have compatibility issues. I haven't really look deeply into your file, but it seems to me your sprite positions are not fixed yet.

Converting an IPS to a PokeMMO Mod is actually very easy thanks to the 'Dump Moddable Resources' utility in settings.
It should take care of the sprite position table as well.

Please, Desu, you know I don't actually play PokeMMO. You can't expect me to know or read things.

EDIT: I only know loading the Moemon mod takes forever in PokeMMO client, while loading an IPS patched Moemon rom is like 1/10 of the time.

Edited by Moetal

Please, Desu, you know I don't actually play PokeMMO. You can't expect me to know or read things.

EDIT: I only know loading the Moemon mod takes forever in PokeMMO client, while loading an IPS patched Moemon rom is like 1/10 of the time.

Is the icons, they didn't get 'on demand' loading support done for this update but will be fixed in a supplementary patch. Along with a bunch of fixes/additional mod support.

@Desu

Please kindly double the size of the party sprite while you are at it, or at least give us an option to. It's so ridiculously small compare to the frame and the actual in battle sprite.

21jzkf8.png

And as always, stuff are only noticeable when you stare at them in game. Fixed the glitchy palette on the front sprite.

6sxclu.png24gqa0g.png

@axx

What do you use to make that gif? I can't get the transparency to work without it showing slightly of the previous frame. Here are the six frames I used.

2lo10l5.png312ivip.png2lo10l5.png312ivip.png35hif4k.pngsuy15e.png

Your Lapras's second frame looks like she has a white/transparency pixel next to her left thigh (our right), and there's that weird big lump. Also, your blinking frames didn't fix the part of the hair/face where the eyes used to be.

Moemon Mod link is updated to the front page, IPS is slightly updated due to minor change to Jolteon. I won't change the patch version number in this case.

Edited by Moetal

To make transparent GIFs, every frame has to be set to "replace" the previous one, rather than "combine" (which is whatever tool you're using does -- it also seems to destroy the palette with dithering, so it's a good thing you posted the pristine frames separately as PNGs!). I use GIMP too. To make a GIF in GIMP, you have to make a New Layer for every frame, and then name the layer "Frame X (50ms)(replace)". Which I find is rather ridiculous, both because GIFs count time in 10s of milliseconds and boolean options like whether to combine or replace are silly to flag as layer names... :/

Speaking of which, I just looked at the GIFs and they're both 600ms per frame. Since PokeMMO currently ignores the GIF framerate and plays it at 50ms/frame always, I guess we'd need to add a ton of dummy frames to make it usable in-game? Eesh...

I did make the Moemon mod version by using PokeMMO to dump the sprites. Then I cleaned up all of the unused and duplicate content. There are tables there, too. (I accidentally included the scale tables as well, which are not used for PNGs according to the documentation -- my mistake.)

The back sprites look weird because they have huge swaths of transparency under them where the sprite ends. PokeMMO automatically crops this transparency out. The cropping also lowers the sprite by an additional row of pixels, making the bottommost row of pixels in the sprite never seen outside of move animations like Peck. (Is this intentional?) The mod has no control over this.

The "icon" sprites seem to have two frames available, for animation, but in-game they appear to be completely inanimate. This is probably related to the preloading thing that makes it take forever for the game to load? Or just another as-of-yet unimplemented feature. Too bad...

Overall I really like the new mod system. It's great. Wish it was always like this.

Edit: Cleaned up a few pixels that were annoying me on both of these...
ls2Yi6J.gifX82YERV.gif

Edited by JTE

Speaking of which, I just looked at the GIFs and they're both 600ms per frame. Since PokeMMO currently ignores the GIF framerate and plays it at 50ms/frame always, I guess we'd need to add a ton of dummy frames to make it usable in-game? Eesh...

Has already been fixed and will be deployed in a supplementary patch.

The back sprites look weird because they have huge swaths of transparency under them where the sprite ends. PokeMMO automatically crops this transparency out. The cropping also lowers the sprite by an additional row of pixels, making the bottommost row of pixels in the sprite never seen outside of move animations like Peck. (Is this intentional?) The mod has no control over this.

This is the default 'auto positioning' code gifs. I'm not against improving it, but it works well for most sprites.

The "icon" sprites seem to have two frames available, for animation, but in-game they appear to be completely inanimate. This is probably related to the preloading thing that makes it take forever for the game to load? Or just another as-of-yet unimplemented feature. Too bad...

They animate during certain events, not all the time.

Start a battle and open the 'change pokemon' menu, these are animated

friends a suggestion for Staryu sprite, the sprite of Starmie its evolution, is best viewed as a Staryu. Here change the color palette, what thinks?   

file:///C:/Users/Alumno/Desktop/juegos/pokeMMO/roms/sprites/battlesprites/02.png

You'll need to upload the image somewhere, for instance http://imgur.com/and link from there.

I think this discussions has happened somewhere else before in the 100 pages this thread has, staryu and starmie make plenty of sense IMO though.

I'll never forget the original starmie however.

@Tonme

What you are experiencing is patch compatibility conflict. Moemon patch itself does not "freeze" your game. 

5. Please note the patch might not be working 100% correctly if you apply a different IPS patch (Such as Graphic Update) on the same rom.

@Munya

I animoe which one?