[Denied] Add a 3rd type to certain pokemon

just think 8 move bliss >_< every bliss now has counter, calm mind, softboil, aroma, seismic, toxic/twave, and 2-3 special moves if no twave/toxic/aroma.

softboil,aroma,calm mind, tbolt,flamethrower,icebeam,twave,toss

Charizard isn't the only pokemon in the metagame. What if mence/dnite his x4 ice weakness was removed, or Tyrannitar his x4 weakness to fighting.

Other pokemon would gain more weaknesses, others more resistances, essentially shifting or breaking the metagame. That wouldn't be fun at all

Honestly I don't consider OU fun since most people use some of the same pokes anyways. At least with this people have to think about thier choices more. Than going on some forum that isn't pokemmo and looking at move sets that work for certain pokes with the EVs set out for you. I don't think that's very creative at all.

There are a few problems with this suggestion, but the most glaring of them all is that it would confuse people very easily. To calculate the effectiveness of attacks on Pokemon with three types can be rather silly. Taking your Fire/Flying/Dragon type Charizard for example, you have a Fire type Pokemon that is actually weak against Ice which makes very little sense. With the canon Fire/Flying Charizard, the two types balance each other out and make Ice neutral - which makes perfect sense.

Pokemon have been single or dual type since generation 1 - there is no good reason to change this and plenty of reasons not to including confusion as well as preventing certain Pokemon from becoming overpowered. Typing is just one of those things that should remain canon, and "it would be interesting" or any other variation of the phrase just isn't a good enough reason to warrant doing something like this. I can safely say that this suggestion is never going to be implemented.

Honestly I don't consider OU fun since most people use some of the same pokes anyways. At least with this people have to think about thier choices more. Than going on some forum that isn't pokemmo and looking at move sets that work for certain pokes with the EVs set out for you. I don't think that's very creative at all.

There's a ton of room for creativity with pokemon and movesets in UU.

Want some fun? Run a suicide team (block/perish song Lapras, explosion Gengar, belly drum/extremespeed/explosion smeargle, etc.) Now that is fun.

I personally have fun with baton pass teams (there is something oddly satisfying when people disconnect time and time again because you get a full baton pass chain completed, and even more satisfying when you get to unleash the full power [max 3x on every stat].... Though it is very disheartening when the opponent lands an untimely crit...)

ANYWAYS

as for the suggestion. no. It may sound like a good idea in your head at first. But I inquire you to think about it more. It really wouldn't work out... Not to mention it would be impossible to program with how the game is set up (I think, they would have to edit the ROM itself, and since everyone has their own individual ROMs... it wouldn't really work out...)

Want some fun? Run a suicide team (block/perish song Lapras, explosion Gengar, belly drum/extremespeed/explosion smeargle, etc.) Now that is fun.
I personally have fun with baton pass teams (there is something oddly satisfying when people disconnect time and time again because you get a full baton pass chain completed, and even more satisfying when you get to unleash the full power [max 3x on every stat].... Though it is very disheartening when the opponent lands an untimely crit...)

ANYWAYS

as for the suggestion. no. It may sound like a good idea in your head at first. But I inquire you to think about it more. It really wouldn't work out... Not to mention it would be impossible to program with how the game is set up (I think, they would have to edit the ROM itself, and since everyone has their own individual ROMs... it wouldn't really work out...)

I have a sub focus punch snorlax. lol. I try to be inventive with how I play too. Just saying facing people with the same movesets time and time again gets dull.

Edit:

There's a ton of room for creativity with pokemon and movesets in UU.

And I play UU. lol.

Edited by XelaKebert
Please don't double post

-Grass Absorb Quagsire: We need some new abilities to seperate us from 3rd gen and this could replace damp

No real offense and I may sound like a nazi. Just wanna say that there's a proper ability for that called Sap Sipper.