Best PvP Players & Teams of PokeMMO

If it's better in every way and there's no reason not to do it, we probably would make this the new standard, I think.

Making it the new standard or not, doesn't change the fact that standard tournaments with hidden brackets are not gimmicks in any way you look at it. 

Update: Congratulations to Raaidn for winning the Standard NU Official today and surpassing Burntzebra for 3rd Place on this list, despite Zebra's recent second place finish in the last UU Summer Ball Qualifier. It's a tight race just below KingBowser and Frags, and these two players are making a serious effort to break into the rare air of the 30+ Point Club. 

Update: With his most recent 2nd Place finish in the Tag Team Tournament and his win in a past UU Summer Ball Qualifer, Frags has now moved into 1st Place once again on the Overall Best Player's List. Frags has edged KingBowser by only 0.5 points which means we should see some excitement as KingBowser looks to take his throne back and Frags hopes to stretch his lead even further. 

Update: With his most recent 2nd Place finish in the Tag Team Tournament and his win in a past UU Summer Ball Qualifer, Frags has now moved into 1st Place once again on the Overall Best Player's List. Frags has edged KingBowser by only 0.5 points which means we should see some excitement as KingBowser looks to take his throne back and Frags hopes to stretch his lead even further. 

Joey pls, you didn't update my win in the Tag Team tournament. Pls tell me you were aware I won :P (along with 4fie)

Edited by NikhilR

The later summer championship tournaments aren't available to every player/have the best players (winners/runners up of the previous ones) absent from the bracket. It is easier to place in the later ones than it is in the earlier ones yet they both gained the same points towards your list. 

Food for thought.

The later summer championship tournaments aren't available to every player/have the best players (winners/runners up of the previous ones) absent from the bracket. It is easier to place in the later ones than it is in the earlier ones yet they both gained the same points towards your list. 

Food for thought.

Although I agree, I don't really think there's a good way to implement it and at what point would they start to decrease in value, is another thing to consider. Just easier to keep it a flat standard official

This point had been brought up to me already, but I'm with zebra on this one. While a small group of players can't participate, myself included, these tournaments still showcase some real talent and decreasing points would be difficult. Like every tournament drop 1/8th of a point? I can't bring myself to being that tedious.

Update: Congratulations to both Raaidn and myself, DoubleJ, for taking 2nd in the two most recent officials. Raaidn has extended his lead as the 3rd Best Overall Player and is only a half point away from breaking into the exclusive 30 point club that is occupied by KingBowser and Frags. DoubleJ (me) took second in today's tournament vaulting over Amanu and into 7th Place. Shout outs to the other winners of these past few officials, including Lightleaks, Arimanius, and eloyriptor. All of which have gained points towards this list.

Until next time. 

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Ok, so this is a big one. I started my second year of medical school just recently and had to skip out on a few things, this being one. So without further ado, nearly a month's worth of updating!

Congratulations to Frags of House [AW] for winning not one, but three Standard Official Tournaments over this past stretch of time. Frags was victorious and broke into the 40+ Point club and is sitting strong in 1st Place.

Congratulations to [YOLO] Reckless Drivers for winning their very first Team Tournament Championship. [YOLO] fought through a team tournament that was a surprise to many; seeing [LYLE] lose their 2TT winning streak and also having a tournament without [AW] or [CiX]. [YOLO] was led by Leorodo, LordofAngmar, JIce, and Bluebreath en route to this title.

And last but not least... congratulations to DoubleJ and NikhilR for taking 1st and 2nd respectively in the highly touted Under-Used Summer Ball Invitational! Despite a talented field, both DoubleJ and Nik blazed through the competition to duke it out for a trip to the finals. DoubleJ was successful in their first meeting, sending Nik to play for 3rd or a chance at the double-elim back-door championship. Nik was successful in defeating Frags and met DoubleJ once more. Upon finding DoubleJ with a mostly NU team, Nik made short work of him and forced a true championship bout.

In this 3rd meeting, the blows were back and forth, but much like their first match, DoubleJ emerged victorious riding on the coat-tails of his "Grumpy Pig". 

Congratulations to NikhilR for gaining one point for an official second, extending his 5th place lead with 23 points. Congratulations also goes out to DoubleJ for winning the Summer Ball Invite and earning a spot in 6th place with 21.5 points. 

=)

EDIT: Fixed the "Best Teams" section. Was a bit glitched formatically. 

Edited by DoubleJ

And last but not least... congratulations to DoubleJ and NikhilR for taking 1st and 2nd respectively in the highly touted Under-Used Summer Ball Invitational! Despite a talented field, both DoubleJ and Nik blazed through the competition to duke it out for a trip to the finals. DoubleJ was successful in their first meeting, sending Nik to play for 3rd or a chance at the double-elim back-door championship. Nik was successful in defeating Frags and met DoubleJ once more. Upon finding DoubleJ with a mostly NU team, Nik made short work of him and forced a true championship bout.

In this 3rd meeting, the blows were back and forth, but much like their first match, DoubleJ emerged victorious riding on the coat-tails of his "Grumpy Pig". 

Congratulations to NikhilR for gaining one point for an official second, extending his 5th place lead with 23 points. Congratulations also goes out to DoubleJ for winning the Summer Ball Invite and earning a spot in 6th place with 21.5 points. 

Great story