Misty's Brain Dance (October 4th)

Tranzmaster

67604a4f2c.jpg

Explanation:

Misty is searching for a new apprentice! Prove her you're worthy by showing off your battling and trivia skills!

The trivia questions will be asked in shout chat. The player who answers a trivia question (in shout/normal chat) correctly and is first, moves on to the next round. The others battle each other for a spot in the next round. The tier is UU.

Round 1: 21 players: 5 trivia questions. The other 16 battle each other for the 8 spots in the next round.

Round 2: 13 players: 3 trivia questions. The other 10 battle each other for the 5 spots in the next round.

Round 3: 8 players: 2 trivia questions. The other 6 battle each other for the 3 spots in the next round.

Round 4: 5 players: 1 trivia question. The other 4 battle each other for the 2 spots in the next round.

Round 5: 3 players: 1 trivia question. The other 2 battle each other for the last spot in the final.

Final: 2 players. 1 battle.

------

Details:
21 Players
Unlimited Reserves
6v6 UU Tournament/Trivia Hybrid Challenge

Single Battle
Level 50

Date + Time:
Date: Saturday 4th October
Time: 4:00 PM EDT | 1:00 PM PDT | 8:00 PM GMT

Check-in will start 10 minutes prior to the event starting time.

Date: Wednesday 1st October
Time: 4:00 PM EDT | 1:00 PM PDT | 8:00 PM GMT

Cerulean Gym, Channel 7

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Time/Self KO
List of Clauses and what they mean

Banned Moves: Baton Pass, Rain Dance, Torment

Banned Pokemon:

[spoiler]

Aerodactyl
Alakazam

Arcanine
Blissey

Breloom
Chansey
Charizard

Crobat

Dodrio

Dusclops

Espeon

Exeggutor
Gengar

Granbull
Gyarados

Hariyama
Houndoom
Jolteon

Jumpluff
Jynx
Kangaskhan
Kingdra
Lapras

Ludicolo
Machamp

Marowak

Rhydon

Scizor
Skarmory

Slaking
Slowbro
Slowking

Smeargle
Starmie
Tauros

Umbreon
Ursaring
Vaporeon
Venusaur

Weezing

Wobbuffet

Tyranitar

Diglett

Dugtrio

Heracross

Salamence

Snorlax

Dragonite

[/spoiler]

Prize:
1st: Shiny Goldeen

2nd: 500 RP

Registration Method: Post your IGN in this thread once registration has occurred. I will allow two sign ups per forum account, given they are in different posts. Test posting in this thread will result in being unable to participate in the tournament. Please only sign up players who have asked you to in order to prevent any confusion the day of the tournament. Registration is based on Forum Time. Registration will be first come, first serve.

If you are on the bracket for this tournament and cannot attend please send me a PM, or post in the thread letting me know you cannot make it, this lessens the time it takes for signs ups the day of the tournament. Thanks in advance.

Notes: 

• Do not AFK Timeout your opponent unless your referee has stated you may. 
  • Disconnecting during a match will result in a DQ.
  • Do not block your opponents, or the Staff running the Event. If there is evidence of this and disregarding staff requesting you to unblock said individuals you will be DQ'd.
  • Do not disrupt this official event by answering the questions before everybody the participants do.
  • Tournament Mode must be used for all duels.

I'm usually not bothered by a low value prize, but goldeen is one of the few on the bad list of superbad shinies. Specifically, I don't think the following shinies should ever be used as 1st place prizes for official events:

Paras/Parasect

Rattata/Raticate

Tangela

Goldeen/Seaking

Seel/Dewgong (at least they aren't as common as the others, but remember the "dugong" debacle? they're just a really lame shiny)

Pretty much as long as you avoid those ones, I'm fine. There are some more that should probably be avoided too (tentacool, maybe fearow) but at least those aren't the truly bottom of the barrel undesirable shinies. I know some people will still complain if it's "only" a 2m shiny (although the root of their complaint is really the inconsistency in prize values) but I'm only bothered by the real poop tier shinies.

Honestly, it seems like staff get railed on no matter what prize they pick. It's either too valuable a shiny, or not valuable enough, and either way, people will complain. I personally think goldeen is a terrible prize, and i've never complained about "too valuable a prize" but I'm just pointing out the way our community usually works with this kind of thing

Honestly, it seems like staff get railed on no matter what prize they pick. It's either too valuable a shiny, or not valuable enough, and either way, people will complain. I personally think goldeen is a terrible prize, and i've never complained about "too valuable a prize" but I'm just pointing out the way our community usually works with this kind of thing

I think the only recent issue was with duskull being there for the Old School Marathon tourney but I didn't find it to be too valuable because the tourney was a big one. A shiny in the range of 4-15 value range sounds good to me.

Looking back at the last few prizes mankey, psyduck , meowth and the part where a dunsparce catching event had a better prize than a comp tourney, its just absurd.

I think the only recent issue was with duskull being there for the Old School Marathon tourney but I didn't find it to be too valuable because the tourney was a big one. A shiny in the range of 4-15 value range sounds good to me.

Looking back at the last few prizes mankey, psyduck , meowth and the part where a dunsparce catching event had a better prize than a comp tourney, its just absurd.

it was an issue because i won it, lets be honest

I'm usually not bothered by a low value prize, but goldeen is one of the few on the bad list of superbad shinies. Specifically, I don't think the following shinies should ever be used as 1st place prizes for official events:

Paras/Parasect

Rattata/Raticate

Tangela

Goldeen/Seaking

Seel/Dewgong (at least they aren't as common as the others, but remember the "dugong" debacle? they're just a really lame shiny)

Pretty much as long as you avoid those ones, I'm fine. There are some more that should probably be avoided too (tentacool, maybe fearow) but at least those aren't the truly bottom of the barrel undesirable shinies. I know some people will still complain if it's "only" a 2m shiny (although the root of their complaint is really the inconsistency in prize values) but I'm only bothered by the real poop tier shinies.

You must be new to Tranz's tourney's, his prizes are consistently like this, although they are, for the most part gimmick tournaments. (1000RP and Mankey prize rip)