[Art] [Writing] [Contest] A Legendary Contest

Uroko

Indeed, I cried myself to sleep last night, legitimately. 

Oh well though, if nobody enters I win because I get to keep the prize for myself.

I guess. Sorry I couldn't make an entry as I was pretty busy and still am. If you'd have started this in like mid January I would totally have entered.

I know at least one person that is entering before the deadline(unless they fell asleep) and they said if they are the only one to enter that they want it extended so others can.  Which will be fine, provided they are the only ones to enter, if not the others that also enter will have to agree to it.

Edited by Munya

The story is done and the art too. I loved this contest.As much as the work made together with feeadftth. When he is back home he is going to publish it, I just hope you guys like it, isn't much but it was hard to study and try to write/draw for this contest.

I can't post my story here, not even the text because it says i don't have the permission to post that image format on this community.

EDIT: Sorry for triple posting but i'm have lots of trouble to link the images.

Fix'd

Edited by Musica

I can't post my story here, not even the text because it says i don't have the permission to post that image format on this community.

EDIT: Sorry for triple posting but i'm have lots of trouble to link the images.

What image format is it?

Here's my entry with Illumii:

Mew’s gift

Months of research to translate the papers I found in the Cinnabar Mansion; months of work to gain enough to set up an expedition; the long journey in Guyana to gather informations; finally all that effort was giving its results. I was thinking about my struggle, descending one meter further in the deep of the abyss.

11wbhtx.jpg

It was hard to breath in the suit, I could feel the heart beating faster, but nothing cared to me, the excitement was too high to give up. It was dark, and was getting even worse so I lit one of my underwater torch to light up my path and here it was, waiting for me after all this time . In front of me the entrance of the cave that will guide me to the surface. I started to go through it and finally reached the surface, seeing the beach. I swam to the sand, thrown my helmet away in the sea, glad to breathe again, and took some minutes to rest on the soft sand. I was finally at Faraway Island.

While raising up and starting to walk, I noticed that the island was surrounded by the most beautiful view I had ever seen, and far away there was a great wall of clouds hiding the island from greedy hands.

“..and so you’re spending your holydays here hu? It seems a quiet place” I said at loud voice before reaching a little hut, tired for the walk.

Mr. Fuji was right. There was a hut with a plate on it. The engraving was eroded as if it was written a long ago, but still readable.  I was reading that again and again just to be sure. Full of excitement I read that one last time :

jh7fw0.jpg

“If any human being sets foot here ever again, let it be a kindhearted person. With that hope, I depart.”

I knocked on the door, foolishly waiting for a response, but of course nothing answered. The tension was driving me crazy, my heart wouldn’t stop to beat faster and faster since the immersion, beds of sweat were falling from my face.

I entered the hut finding nothing than just black. It was like to see the outer space and impossible to recognize the edges of the building. I watched back and the door disapperead fading away from my hands. In the same time I felt something near to me, but I was just surrounded by the void.

I walked a few steps and a little pink thingy appears floating near my face, watching me carefully and sniffing while floating around me.

This is it. I finally took my ball from the belt and while I was throwing it to it, a voice echoed inside my head:

“I doubt you will find that useful with me, why are you here anyway?”

I jumped for the fear .All my tension dissolved in a second, and I was watching it seriously now.

“Legends says that you are able to do anything … even grant wishes.“

“Maybe I can, as you can see I’m pretty busy.“ laughed innocently the little creature.

I was thinking and thinking again about my desire. I realized how futile was my search to catch every pokemon without work. My mind was burning for my overthinking and then the answer lit my brain up while the pink thingy was floating around me smiling naively. I reciprocate the smile. It’s the time wasted with friends joking while battling… and all the effort to catch the strongest pokemon that is worthy. Not a meaningless desire.

“I know why Mr. Fuji didn’t catch you long ago. There isn’t nothing worth to desire without strain. Everything has a relevance because of the effort we put into it.”

“Well done pure heart trainer, that’s the correct answer, you deserve a gift” it said, blinking an eye.

In a second i found myself
lying down in the sand, far from the hut . I rose up and smiled again, happy to come back at home to train again my team flying on my Salamence.

“Hell I have to EV in Viridian Forest.“ I thought while a depression fell on me.
“Wait, what’s moving in my backpack?”
“An egg? And why it has these stuck on it?”

Rainbow Feather & Silver Feather. 

wk4q5d.jpg

CREDITS

Story by Illumii

Story revision by Illumii & feeadftth

Artwork by feeadftth

Edited by feeadftth

Author: NightLucifer (required post)

Artist: RacheLucario

Can upload smaller versions of the images if necessary~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flying had never been that of a serene, yet exciting luxury for Fiora. She traveled up the azure skies on her Altaria, leisurely enjoying her journey with the comfort of her Altaria's fluffy exterior. The bird itself resembled the skies with its blue body and cloud-like wings, wandering the airspace with her near as they ascended up the pillar-like, ancient building. It was an old, towering place of ruin surrounded by only ocean, deserted and unguarded, its soaring peak beyond the boundaries of the clouds.

The winds were fairly gusty that day; the long-haired brunette struggled slightly to keep hold of her belongings stuffed inside her sling bag, as she continued venturing further and higher into the ruins of the region. A strong gust of wind blew by them; it loosened an object tied around Altaria's neck, but it retrieved the item back easily. Fiora collected it and smiled at the blue ribbon that connected to a furnished, gold mark in the middle. The ribbon reawakened memories -- memories Fiora and Altaria shared -- sweet and precious to them.

"Forever beautiful, Altaria." She tied the ribbon back on her Pokemon's neck, exchanging smiles with it as she gently stroked Altaria's head.

The minutes that they took to reach the peak beneath a flurry of thick clouds passed as they were the longest she ever been through. Recalling her Altaria, she finally reached a flight of stairs leading to a triangular panel, with pieces of rubble and stone scattered upon the deserted ground. Statue-like structures with parts lost and chipped off stood before her, engraved with ancient inscriptions sullied by dust. She curiously surveyed the highest point of the tower, where it was so high that all she could see beneath her were the clouds, veiling the bottom of the peak, as if keeping it aloft.

This is it? She thought. The peak of the Sky Pillar, the place where Rayquaza is said to descend? The calmer of Hoenn's calamities, the saviour of the region that halted the feuds between Groudon and Kyogre?

The air began to intensify as the currents grew gusty and powerful. The azure sky began to darken, draped by an array of dark clouds, veiling even the faintest traces of sunlight. From the sky came a loud bellow, before a green, serpent-like Pokemon descended from the skies in front of her. The airborne, draconic Pokemon covered with distinct fins appeared in front of her. It was Rayquaza -- from the legends she had learned of -- right before her eyes. It surveyed the tip of the tower, as if it had not visited the place for a long while; before soaring into the skies with the echoes of it's powerful bellow.

The Sky High Pokemon descended from the skies again, this time shrouded in a powerful glimmer of green, as she witnessed the evolution occur. There was another flash of blinding, purple light, transforming the immense Pokemon, before a burst of energy revealed the change. The red stripes on its rudder-like fins on its body -- now sharpened -- turned into a bright, luscious gold, and the yellow, golden rings that adorned its body materialized into whisker-like, fiery rays on its horns on its head and from significantly larger horns, broad and triangular, grown near the jawline. The golden, tendril-like lines that swayed with the winds had small, green fin-tips at their ends, as the serpentine body elongated. A pair of these fins emerged from its back, larger than the others, as if a pair of small wings. Red orbs on its body formed, the black spreading wider throughout the body of emerald green where they were at. The black pattern near its eyes caressed through ruby orbs in a flame-like pattern, as the rudder-like tail split into a pair; golden, swaying, and feather-like.

image.png

This is it! It was indeed a first for her to see a Mega Evolution, one as magnificent as that of a legendary Pokemon. She felt her fingers reach for her bag as her eyes stayed locked on the legendary Pokemon before her, withdrawing and tightly holding an old camera. She didn't know what to feel at that point of time; was her heart was pounding and her body was quivering out of her excitement? Or was in the regal, powerful sight of Mega Rayquaza intimidating her?

However, even for a Pokemon of that power, the newfound changes in Mega Evolution were too strong for the legendary Pokemon to handle. It noticed Fiora, scarlet eyes igniting with a fiery anger -- perhaps enraged and in defense of its territory --as it circled the peak, destroying pieces of the stone-like structures just by knocking them by effortlessly. The winds howled violently and Rayquaza began to charge an orange, destructive energy beam in its mouth, before aimlessly firing it across the area. Fiora quickly rushed for cover; she watched in terror as tremors shook the ground, smoke and dust began to blanket everything, accompanied by the strife and loud echoing of Rayquaza's furious bellows and the endless crumbling of debris. Fiora's fear spread to her struggling tears that welled upon her eyes-- amidst the destruction and her panicked state, she wondered: What could she do? What was she supposed to do?

Suddenly from her Pokeball near her right pocket emerged Milotic. Boldly and courageously it stood out to defend her master and companion, bracing the powerful force of Rayquaza's attack as it defended with a well-timed Protect. Seeing her Milotic come into battle relieved her slightly, and she suddenly thought of an idea; Fiora knew she couldn't possibly beat a Pokemon that powerful, but she could at least try to calm it down and subdue it in ways she and Milotic had always done in many a fight they had encountered and the with hearts they captivated with every performance in a Contest Battle. Her fear slowly diminished, as she knew she needed to try and calm the enraged Rayquaza from destroying the ruins.

"Alright, Milotic!" She cried, regaining her composure. "Just like we practiced! Use Mist!"

At Fiora's command, Milotic began to shroud the area with a deep, foggy substance that spread across the battlefield under the touch of the Rayquaza's winds. It took but little time before the area grew vague and overcast with a translucent veil of white.

"Safeguard!"

Amidst the vagueness of the fog, the beautiful Mystic Pokemon stood out with its body draped in a turquoise green veil that glistened and shone brightly, as if a glistening emerald. Rayquaza continued rampaging for a moment, as Milotic, too, endured as it struggled to defend its trainer. Rayquaza's mindless attention turned to Milotic, who only eyed the legendary Pokemon calmly as it continued its safeguard amidst the vagueness and strife of the mist and the destruction it had caused. The very sight of Milotic began to affect it; it's movement began to slow down and it no longer attacked the place wildly. It's eyes were only focused on the beautiful Pokemon, said to possess the power to calm the fiercest of rages. It's eye began to widen in realization, and in awe; the fighting spirit in the legendary Pokemon gradually diminished, and it continued staring at the Mystic Pokemon for endless moments as Fiora watched on in hope.

Mega_Rayquaza_2_2.png
The deafening roars halted. The tremors of the quaking earth closed. The destruction stopped. And the frenzied Mega Rayquaza halted its rampage, distracted by the beautiful Pokemon. As it continued to watch Milotic intently, the flames of its anger and rage had extinguished; its body no longer quivered of furious intent and aggression. All it did was watch Milotic's stunning display as the mist began to clear, allowing slits of sunlight to pierce through.

Fiora gave a sigh of relief, having succeeded in soothing the Legendary Pokemon. She went to Milotic's side and gently caressed her Pokemon warmly, watching in awe at the rays of golden rings and stripes that danced with the jade green dragon in the sky magnificently as Rayquaza soared through the heavens once more, before again descending in front of her. The Mega Evolved legendary Pokemon bellowed deafeningly and the air around her grew briefly turbulent as the master of the skies finally grasped its newfound power, before the winds soothed into cool breezes caressing through her. It then stopped and stood calmly, watching her with tranquil eyes -- as if it had awaited her to come. At that moment, there was no violence or vehemence in Mega Rayquaza -- there was its majestic, powerful self, and yet the seemingly threatening Pokemon, despite the earlier rampage, gave her an unexpected equanimity. Her fear dissipated, replaced by the leisure of the silent, soothing song of the airy winds it brought about, a sightly, magnificent scene as if a giant, jade green wind chime at the grace of the bypassing gusts.

A smile lit on her face; this one, amazing moment was what Fiora came for, as she excitedly withdrew her camera and took her picture. Satisfaction began to well in her heart as she acquired her picture, as Rayquaza departed back into the highest of the skies, into unseen layers of ozone, destinations and boundaries she wondered if anyone else could ever reach. Taking a final glance at the peak of the Sky Tower, complemented with the picturesque azure sky, she wondered if it was the last time she would see such a scene, engraving the bittersweet day into her memory. She then finished her journey with another relaxing trip back to Lilycove; and with the excitement of giving her latest photograph back to the President of the Lilycove Museum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note:

[spoiler]

06cfacae1c.png[/spoiler]

Edited by RacheLucario
Improved images

Added to the second post,

And llumii & feeadftth, at least one of your images was found to have copy pasted material in it, in the event of a time extension(if no more entries are posted, or all people that entered agree to it), instead of being DQ'ed, you are being given the opportunity to fix any copy pasted material you may have in your images.

Edited by Uroko

Author: NightLucifer (required post)

Artist: RacheLucario

Can upload smaller versions of the images if necessary~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[spoiler]

Flying had never been that of a serene, yet exciting luxury for Fiora. She traveled up the azure skies on her Altaria, leisurely enjoying her journey with the comfort of her Altaria's fluffy exterior. The bird itself resembled the skies with its blue body and cloud-like wings, wandering the airspace with her near as they ascended up the pillar-like, ancient building. It was an old, towering place of ruin surrounded by only ocean, deserted and unguarded, its soaring peak beyond the boundaries of the clouds.

The winds were fairly gusty that day; the long-haired brunette struggled slightly to keep hold of her belongings stuffed inside her sling bag, as she continued venturing further and higher into the ruins of the region. A strong gust of wind blew by them; it loosened an object tied around Altaria's neck, but it retrieved the item back easily. Fiora collected it and smiled at the blue ribbon that connected to a furnished, gold mark in the middle. The ribbon reawakened memories -- memories Fiora and Altaria shared -- sweet and precious to them.

"Forever beautiful, Altaria." She tied the ribbon back on her Pokemon's neck, exchanging smiles with it as she gently stroked Altaria's head.

The minutes that they took to reach the peak beneath a flurry of thick clouds passed as they were the longest she ever been through. Recalling her Altaria, she finally reached a flight of stairs leading to a triangular panel, with pieces of rubble and stone scattered upon the deserted ground. Statue-like structures with parts lost and chipped off stood before her, engraved with ancient inscriptions sullied by dust. She curiously surveyed the highest point of the tower, where it was so high that all she could see beneath her were the clouds, veiling the bottom of the peak, as if keeping it aloft.

This is it? She thought. The peak of the Sky Pillar, the place where Rayquaza is said to descend? The calmer of Hoenn's calamities, the saviour of the region that halted the feuds between Groudon and Kyogre?

The air began to intensify as the currents grew gusty and powerful. The azure sky began to darken, draped by an array of dark clouds, veiling even the faintest traces of sunlight. From the sky came a loud bellow, before a green, serpent-like Pokemon descended from the skies in front of her. The airborne, draconic Pokemon covered with distinct fins appeared in front of her. It was Rayquaza -- from the legends she had learned of -- right before her eyes. It surveyed the tip of the tower, as if it had not visited the place for a long while; before soaring into the skies with the echoes of it's powerful bellow.

The Sky High Pokemon descended from the skies again, this time shrouded in a powerful glimmer of green, as she witnessed the evolution occur. There was another flash of blinding, purple light, transforming the immense Pokemon, before a burst of energy revealed the change. The red stripes on its rudder-like fins on its body -- now sharpened -- turned into a bright, luscious gold, and the yellow, golden rings that adorned its body materialized into whisker-like, fiery rays on its horns on its head and from significantly larger horns, broad and triangular, grown near the jawline. The golden, tendril-like lines that swayed with the winds had small, green fin-tips at their ends, as the serpentine body elongated. A pair of these fins emerged from its back, larger than the others, as if a pair of small wings. Red orbs on its body formed, the black spreading wider throughout the body of emerald green where they were at. The black pattern near its eyes caressed through ruby orbs in a flame-like pattern, as the rudder-like tail split into a pair; golden, swaying, and feather-like.

Mega_Rayquaza_1.png

This is it! It was indeed a first for her to see a Mega Evolution, one as magnificent as that of a legendary Pokemon. She felt her fingers reach for her bag as her eyes stayed locked on the legendary Pokemon before her, withdrawing and tightly holding an old camera. She didn't know what to feel at that point of time; was her heart was pounding and her body was quivering out of her excitement? Or was in the regal, powerful sight of Mega Rayquaza intimidating her?

However, even for a Pokemon of that power, the newfound changes in Mega Evolution were too strong for the legendary Pokemon to handle. It noticed Fiora, scarlet eyes igniting with a fiery anger -- perhaps enraged and in defense of its territory --as it circled the peak, destroying pieces of the stone-like structures just by knocking them by effortlessly. The winds howled violently and Rayquaza began to charge an orange, destructive energy beam in its mouth, before aimlessly firing it across the area. Fiora quickly rushed for cover; she watched in terror as tremors shook the ground, smoke and dust began to blanket everything, accompanied by the strife and loud echoing of Rayquaza's furious bellows and the endless crumbling of debris. Fiora's fear spread to her struggling tears that welled upon her eyes-- amidst the destruction and her panicked state, she wondered: What could she do? What was she supposed to do?

Suddenly from her Pokeball near her right pocket emerged Milotic. Boldly and courageously it stood out to defend her master and companion, bracing the powerful force of Rayquaza's attack as it defended with a well-timed Protect. Seeing her Milotic come into battle relieved her slightly, and she suddenly thought of an idea; Fiora knew she couldn't possibly beat a Pokemon that powerful, but she could at least try to calm it down and subdue it in ways she and Milotic had always done in many a fight they had encountered and the with hearts they captivated with every performance in a Contest Battle. Her fear slowly diminished, as she knew she needed to try and calm the enraged Rayquaza from destroying the ruins.

"Alright, Milotic!" She cried, regaining her composure. "Just like we practiced! Use Mist!"

At Fiora's command, Milotic began to shroud the area with a deep, foggy substance that spread across the battlefield under the touch of the Rayquaza's winds. It took but little time before the area grew vague and overcast with a translucent veil of white.

"Safeguard!"

Amidst the vagueness of the fog, the beautiful Mystic Pokemon stood out with its body draped in a turquoise green veil that glistened and shone brightly, as if a glistening emerald. Rayquaza continued rampaging for a moment, as Milotic, too, endured as it struggled to defend its trainer. Rayquaza's mindless attention turned to Milotic, who only eyed the legendary Pokemon calmly as it continued its safeguard amidst the vagueness and strife of the mist and the destruction it had caused. The very sight of Milotic began to affect it; it's movement began to slow down and it no longer attacked the place wildly. It's eyes were only focused on the beautiful Pokemon, said to possess the power to calm the fiercest of rages. It's eye began to widen in realization, and in awe; the fighting spirit in the legendary Pokemon gradually diminished, and it continued staring at the Mystic Pokemon for endless moments as Fiora watched on in hope.

Mega_Rayquaza_2.png

The deafening roars halted. The tremors of the quaking earth closed. The destruction stopped. And the frenzied Mega Rayquaza halted its rampage, distracted by the beautiful Pokemon. As it continued to watch Milotic intently, the flames of its anger and rage had extinguished; its body no longer quivered of furious intent and aggression. All it did was watch Milotic's stunning display as the mist began to clear, allowing slits of sunlight to pierce through.

Fiora gave a sigh of relief, having succeeded in soothing the Legendary Pokemon. She went to Milotic's side and gently caressed her Pokemon warmly, watching in awe at the rays of golden rings and stripes that danced with the jade green dragon in the sky magnificently as Rayquaza soared through the heavens once more, before again descending in front of her. The Mega Evolved legendary Pokemon bellowed deafeningly and the air around her grew briefly turbulent as the master of the skies finally grasped its newfound power, before the winds soothed into cool breezes caressing through her. It then stopped and stood calmly, watching her with tranquil eyes -- as if it had awaited her to come. At that moment, there was no violence or vehemence in Mega Rayquaza -- there was its majestic, powerful self, and yet the seemingly threatening Pokemon, despite the earlier rampage, gave her an unexpected equanimity. Her fear dissipated, replaced by the leisure of the silent, soothing song of the airy winds it brought about, a sightly, magnificent scene as if a giant, jade green wind chime at the grace of the bypassing gusts.

A smile lit on her face; this one, amazing moment was what Fiora came for, as she excitedly withdrew her camera and took her picture. Satisfaction began to well in her heart as she acquired her picture, as Rayquaza departed back into the highest of the skies, into unseen layers of ozone, destinations and boundaries she wondered if anyone else could ever reach. Taking a final glance at the peak of the Sky Tower, complemented with the picturesque azure sky, she wondered if it was the last time she would see such a scene, engraving the bittersweet day into her memory. She then finished her journey with another relaxing trip back to Lilycove; and with the excitement of giving her latest photograph back to the President of the Lilycove Museum.

[/spoiler]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An entry \o/

Edited by Inarin

Added to the second post,

And llumii & feeadftth, at least one of your images was found to have copy pasted material in it, in the event of a time extension(if no more entries are posted, or all people that entered agree to it), instead of being DQ'ed, you are being given the opportunity to fix any copy pasted material you may have in your images.

There is no copy-pasted material in our images, there is drawing to prove it( Well the drawing it's a copy of an existing image of Mew and Gary) . Then the drawing were photoshopped with the colour taken from Google. If you find this isn't original we can remove it. 

If you want i can add the photo of the drawing.

There is no copy-pasted material in our images, there is drawing to prove it( Well the drawing it's a copy of an existing image of Mew and Gary) . Then the drawing were photoshopped with the colour taken from Google. If you find this isn't original we can remove it. 

If you want i can add the photo of the drawing.

The entire image should have been created yourselves, including the backgrounds.
Just pasting some images that may have been originally drawn by you and/your partner shouldn't be simply pasted onto backgrounds found on google, as it raises doubt on the authenticity of the whole product.

It's like taking an image from someone else and claiming it as your own because you added something to it.

Just my opinion on the matter.

EDIT: This also exists, and it includes backgrounds.

• The entry has to be completely original. No alterations of existing images or stories can be used.
Edited by Inarin

The entire image should have been created yourselves, including the backgrounds.

Just pasting some images that may have been originally drawn by you and/your partner shouldn't be simply pasted onto backgrounds found on google, as it raises doubt on the authenticity of the whole product.

It's like taking an image from someone else and claiming it as your own because you added something to it.

We removed the image to prevent any issue. As you can see the whole product is "hand-made", we are just 2 guys. There was absolutley no idea of "cheating".

Anyway, Rache's Entry is OP. Chapeau.

We removed the image to prevent any issue. As you can see the whole product is "hand-made", we are just 2 guys. There was absolutley no idea of "cheating".

Anyway, Rache's Entry is OP. Chapeau.

Well, theres 4 minutes left, and if nobody else enters the deadline will be pushed back another week.

EDIT: This also exists, and it includes backgrounds.

If you are referring to the wood plate, well you should check the definition of Texture:
"In 3D graphics, the digital representation of the surface of real object, usually taken from real pictures. In addition to two-dimensional qualities, such as color and brightness, a texture is also encoded with three-dimensional properties, such as how transparent and reflective the object is."

Sorry, i didn't get in the wood to take a pic of a wood plate...

And i think this can't actually be drawn ONLY with a blank file and photoshop.

If you are referring to the wood plate, well you should check the definition of Texture:
"In 3D graphics, the digital representation of the surface of real object, usually taken from real pictures. In addition to two-dimensional qualities, such as color and brightness, a texture is also encoded with three-dimensional properties, such as how transparent and reflective the object is."

Sorry, i didn't get in the wood to take a pic of a wood plate...

And i think this can't actually be drawn ONLY with a blank file and photoshop.

Actually I was merely referring to your partner saying the images were pasted onto "colours from google", which is a background. Nothing more.

Actually I was merely referring to your partner saying the images were pasted onto "colours from google", which is a background. Nothing more.

I think there's a misunderstanding, Illumii was saying that we took colors (that means like "that brown" for Gary's hair, "that blue" for his pants) from existing images.

I think that it's allowed to take color advices from existing images

I think there's a misunderstanding, Illumii was saying that we took colors (that means like "that brown" for Gary's hair, "that blue" for his pants) from existing images.

I think that it's allowed to take color advices from existing images

Well, if you're saying every single portion of every single image was hand drawn, there would be no issue except wording.

However, I would like to advise that instead of copying existing images, you add your own twist on it.

Using your own examples.

The Gary and Mew. You could have changed the poses, and drawing style to match each other, which would make it entirely your own.

As for your other example with the wood texture, a painted version could have potentially been used instead of a realistic look.

I shall not be continuing discussions on this, or any other matter, and you have options to resolve any problems.

As Munya/Uroko has stated, you have time to fix anything, or give proof that everything was your own making.

Have a nice evening c:

I'm completely fine with an extension -- I'm actually surprised my permission is needed, considering I'm a mere participant.

You two broke no rules, I felt that not getting permission would have been bad as it gives others a chance to enter and contest what would have been your victory, 

You two broke no rules, I felt that not getting permission would have been bad as it gives others a chance to enter and contest what would have been your victory, 

This contest is, well, great and definitely deserves more participants. It'd be....boring, frankly, having worked so much for a default win, so there's nothing to lose other than the chances of winning by extending it. A contest with three prizes but only two submissions (or in this case one legitimate one) is also, well...not really a contest. Winning by default wouldn't provide the satisfaction of really winning it either. To add to that, both of us probably have more to fix to the writing/story as we're still not really satisfied. 

Dear community, please work on contesting submissions to pick up some hard-earned shards and make this thing more lively than it is now.

Edited by YagamiNoir