[Implemented] Show exact IVs

people will always be gullible, in this case people would have the option to level up there own skill and not have to trust anybody ever again. 

If they don't want to, that would be on them, and not a system where there is no option to prevent yourself from being scammed.

I was simply referring to a situation where you want to purchase a pokemon but your skill level is too low at the time, and of course you can't expect a pokemon to be available to buy for much longer then it is posted. I suppose asking them to wait is always an option but I just feel a lot of people would feel cornered, especially new players.

Why not a system where if you've confirmed the IVs of a specific pokemon, those IVs for the same species will always be "recognizable" because you have a previous pokemon to gauge off of, almost to simulate learning their characteristics.

Edited by Michelle

Breeding is already an insane grind, which is fine but just having the exact IV's will cut back on this.  Think really has the right idea, exp share with multiple pokes is the fastest way but it still is a long process.  I am at the point right now where I log in to either farm the islands peoples or just farm random pokes for future breeding and log off.  I do not want to spend an hour for a single IV group and feel like I made no progress.  Cut out this crap for making it a skill for a character, make it universal and be done with it.

Breeding is already an insane grind, which is fine but just having the exact IV's will cut back on this.  Think really has the right idea, exp share with multiple pokes is the fastest way but it still is a long process.  I am at the point right now where I log in to either farm the islands peoples or just farm random pokes for future breeding and log off.  I do not want to spend an hour for a single IV group and feel like I made no progress.  Cut out this crap for making it a skill for a character, make it universal and be done with it.

You are going to be leveling things, catching things, farming money anyways.  If you can't do those things to level up a skill, why are you even playing?

No better question, at that point where you are doing none of those,  is what you are doing even considered playing the game anymore.

Edited by Munya

You are going to be leveling things, catching things, farming money anyways.  If you can't do those things to level up a skill, why are you even playing?

Why would it be necessary for this skill?  If a skill is implemented make it one level to show exact IV's instead of having multiple levels of said skill.

I would rather have 10 levels that take less time per level and narrow them by 10% of what they naturally are every level intead of 1 long as fuck level.

And those things are necessary because when you are fighting pokemon, you start to learn what pokemon are capable of, obviously the more you fight the more you know where that pokemons minimum and maximum potential sit.

Edited by Munya

I would rather have 10 levels that take less time per level and narrow them by 10% of what they naturally are every level intead of 1 long as fuck level.

And those things are necessary because when you are fighting pokemon, you start to learn what pokemon are capable of, obviously the more you fight the more you know where that pokemons minimum and maximum potential sit.

I agree.  Just make that one level not as huge.  Sounds unreasonable but I just don't see it being that big of deal when there already is a lot grinding.

Maybe another npc, simmilar to that from lavander tower, but asking for 2 pearls/1 big pearl for showing us 1 pokemon all/one iv would fix problem and make this item more usefull/helpfull/valuable

If that idea would be appreciated, please name him Pearl Hunter and place him on i5 beach <3

Maybe another npc, simmilar to that from lavander tower, but asking for 2 pearls/1 big pearl for showing us 1 pokemon all/one iv would fix problem and make this item more usefull/helpfull/valuable

If that idea would be appreciated, please name him Pearl Hunter and place him on i5 beach <3

Ur missing the part where we dont want this to be another grind. Have you bred anything yet? Bc if you havent then imma let you know that you would have to do this for around 40 pokes for one breed. Could you imagine grinding out 40 pearls just to get one part of the breeding process done? It would prolly be easier to just lvl the pokes.

Edited by codylramey

Ur missing the part where we dont want this to be another grind. Have you bred anything yet? Bc if you havent then imma let you know that you would have to do this for around 40 pokes for one breed. Could you imagine grinding out 40 pearls just to get one part of the breeding process done? It would prolly be easier to just lvl the pokes.

It would not be necessary to chceck ivs via pearl, u can still check them via ev points. And items like nuggets/pearls have no other purpose than be sold to npc, so why not make it more usefull? People are not grinding star pieces/dust to check hp, they just use hp on wild pokemons or on kecleon, so i dont see what the problem is.

Edited by Qaztin

It would not be necessary to chceck ivs via pearl, u can still check them via ev points. And items like nuggets/pearls have no other purpose than be sold to npc, so why not make it more usefull? People are not grinding star pieces/dust to check hp, they just use hp on wild pokemons or on kecleon, so i dont see what the problem is.

The problem is that your suggestion doesnt fix the problem that this thread addresses. We can still narrow IVs via EVs and lvling sure but that systems is much too tedious and time consuming to be the main method of narrowing IVs. Players are discouraged to breed bc of this unnecessary aspect of the system; not another grind for the sake of giving a useless items a use. So what we are asking for is an alternative that is much more fitting for the system. Your suggestion fixes the nonproblem of pearls being useless but not the problem that this thread address.

Edited by codylramey

The problem is that your suggestion doesnt fix the problem that this thread addresses. We can still narrow IVs via EVs and lvling sure but that systems is much too tedious and time consuming to be the main method of narrowing IVs. Players are discouraged to breed bc of this unnecessary aspect of the system; not another grind for the sake of giving a useless items a use. So what we are asking for is an alternative that is much more fitting for the system. Your suggestion fixes the nonproblem of pearls being useless but not the problem that this thread address.

It does fix the problem, u say narroving ivs by ev is time consuming, then u got alternative pearl-suggestion, only cons is that it req to have pearls, but u can farm them pretty easily(not like everstones) or u can buy them from other players. Nothing is free my friend, and if u want fast check ivs - that would be the best solution in my opinion. Or make cinnabar lab ex-egg move teacher once again usefull and make and option that u can show exact ivs for only cash, but pearl-suggestion seems to be more realistic since it's more like a challenge and fun addition to the game(The way to implement this is simmilar to star piece/dust npc).

It does fix the problem, u say narroving ivs by ev is time consuming, then u got alternative pearl-suggestion, only cons is that it req to have pearls, but u can farm them pretty easily(not like everstones) or u can buy them from other players. Nothing is free my friend, and if u want fast check ivs - that would be the best solution in my opinion. Or make cinnabar lab ex-egg move teacher once again usefull and make and option that u can show exact ivs for only cash, but pearl-suggestion seems to be more realistic since it's more like a challenge and fun addition to the game(The way to implement this is simmilar to star piece/dust npc).

Yeah in stead of wasting 2 hours on narrowing 30 pokes let me waste 2 hours on getting maybe 20 pearls. Its even slower than narrowing IVs manually and trust me its not going to be fun after 10 pokes (so like 1000 narrows). You obviously dont see the problem of easily wasting 10 hpurs per poke if you are breeding from scratch, which every new player has to do. Gameplay had to be rewarding and not endlessly soak our time amd effort into nothing. If you dont understand this concept you know nothing about a good game.

I'm working towards my 5x31 natured Pokemon. Here are a few facts:
I caught 140 Pokes, this cost me 2 hours.
I narrowed around 70 pokes, this cost me 5 hours.
I hunted 7 everstones, this cost me 1 hour.
I waited for eggs and hatched them, 2 hours.
I figured out the most favorable combination of breeders, 30 minutes.

edit2: I just pulled out my Word file for the exact numbers:

I caught 213 Pokes, ~3 hours

Narrowed 93, ~6 hours

Hunted 7 everstones, ~1 hour

Egg waiting/hatching, ~2 hours

Making combinations, ~30 minutes

So already a total of 10,5 hours, 12,5 hours (not close to 5x31 with nature)

Mind you I probably have to narrow another 40 pokes before I can breed to 5x31, not only that but I'm over the 400k 500k in investment. Those 6 hours I spent narrowing I could've spent filling my pockets so I can keep breeding. (Jk our money gaining methods are shit).

edit: and the only way I'm even investing this much time into it is because I have a lot of free time this week. In a normal week I get maybe 6 hours to play this game if I'm lucky, which even won't be enough for 1 comp.

Edited by ThinkNice

How is another grind fun for the game? Itmight be fun for you but most of us will accept only a certain amount of grind b4 we feel like its ridiculous. U say we can buy from other players but how many players do you see selling everstones,  starpieces, shards and mushrooms. Those are items people need everyday but are hard to find on the market, especially at a fair price.A new trade system would help mend this but it wont solve. the problem. Idt you understand how many pearls would be needed in the market in order to satisfy the demand at a fair price. As for grinding it urself, like thinknice said you are just going to spend 2 hrs doing something else thats just as unrewarding as what we were doing b4.

Edited by codylramey

After implemention of kecleon theres no need to use star piece/star dust, they're mainly used to add type bar to the hidden power, but still people can avoid kecleon metod and use star metod only. Pearl metod is just alternative, it doesn't need to be less time consuming than EV gain metod, Here's some facts:

- Lets assume that pearls would be 5-10k each

- 5-10k by paydaying is like 10-20 pokes, its not much time

- Using pearl by npc would cost u max 15-30 seconds of your precious time

- If u farm pearls, sure, it's based on RNG but i think that u can a lot more than 7 per hour pearls

- It's not NECESSARY, it's addition, like in Star Piece metod

@ThinkNice

If u see, u can spend less time on cofirming ivs, u said that u spend 5 hours for 70, i'm sure u could spend less than 3 hours to get pearls and check your ivs if ure lucky.

@Codylramey

Ure abusing "Grind" definition. As i said, it's ADDITION, not necessary thing to check iv's dude. U can still exp/ev your poke and u got same result. Getting pearl to check iv would be EQUALIVMENT to the time spend on ev gain.

I can constantly see people selling Everstones from 15k up to 25-30k on trade chat, heart scales are now better than shroom coz of high item held ratio on ludvisc( It's not time consuming to get at least one). I'm only seeing less star piece traders, but that's due to Kecleon implemention. 

Edited by Qaztin

After implemention of kecleon theres no need to use star piece/star dust, they're mainly used to add type bar to the hidden power, but still people can avoid kecleon metod and use star metod only. Pearl metod is just alternative, it doesn't need to be less time consuming than EV gain metod, Here's some facts:

- If u farm pearls, sure, it's based on RNG but i think that u can a lot more than 7 per hour pearls

@ThinkNice

If u see, u can spend less time on cofirming ivs, u said that u spend 5 hours for 70, i'm sure u could spend less than 3 hours to get pearls and check your ivs if ure lucky.

@Codylramey

Ure abusing "Grind" definition. As i said, it's ADDITION, not necessary thing to check iv's dude. U can still exp/ev your poke and u got same result. Getting pearl to check iv would be EQUALIVMENT to the time spend on ev gain.

I can constantly see people selling Everstones from 15k up to 25-30k on trade chat, heart scales are now better than shroom coz of high item held ratio on ludvisc( It's not time consuming to get at least one). I'm only seeing less star piece traders, but that's due to Kecleon implemention. 

Maybe you should back up your statements with math. Shelder can only be found fishing. The average encounter rate for Poke per minute is around 3, but because you are fishing you can easily make this 2. Shelder have a max of 40% encounter rate, with a 50% chance of holding a pearl.

In one hour you can encounter 120 Pokémon by fishing, 48 of these are Shelder and half of these are holding a Pearl. In other words in one hour you gain 24 Pearls. Now you can subtract around 4 Pearls because taking items of your Pokémon after Thiefing, regaining PP and unlucky fishing rolls. So let's say you get 20 Pearls in one hour. In one hour I can manually confirm IVs of 15 Pokes, in other words this method is shit.

We are not looking for an 'addition', we are looking for a 'fix'. Because, apparently unlike you, we have hours we want to spend enjoying this game.

PS: Also Pay Daying 10 Pokes will cost you around 3 minutes, in those 3 minutes you can get a Pearl by yourself. This still does not fix the problem that confirming IVs take the time a player needs to re-accumulate resources so they can actually progress through the game.

@ThinkNice

@Codylramey

Im not going argue about whats in the market now and why it is or isnt there. But you keep saying "you can still EV and level to narrow" The point is nobody wants to do that. And making us do that adds nothing to the game. Its an unrewarding unnecessary grind. And unless getting pearls is a lot easier and a lot less time consuming, which i doubt it is, then your suggestions doesnt fix that. If pearls were sold for 10k each on the market you would have to spend 400k just to narrow all of the wild caught pokes needed to breed from scratch. Thats 400k on top of the 600k+ that it takes just to breed them. So you are now making breeding even less profitable than it is now. The only thing your suggestion does is add use to another item that people wont want to grind in the first place.

Tell me why do you want the method of narrowing ivs to still be a grind? What does that add to the game? And what does ur suggestion add to the game that is not just giving pearls a use?

I tried some fishin', I'll adjust my calcs to 2,5 Pokes per minute.

150 Pokémon, 60 are Shelder, 30 have Pearls, subtract 4, 26 Pearls. Slightly better but it doesn't even half the time needed to confirm IVs, which takes the longest time of everything and is the most unrewarding aspect of breeding.

How does that make sense.

Im not going argue about whats in the market now and why it is or isnt there. But you keep saying "you can still EV and level to narrow" The point is nobody wants to do that. And making us do that adds nothing to the game. Its an unrewarding unnecessary grind. And unless getting pearls is a lot easier and a lot less time consuming, which i doubt it is, then your suggestions doesnt fix that. If pearls were sold for 10k each on the market you would have to spend 400k just to narrow all of the wild caught pokes needed to breed from scratch. Thats 400k on top of the 600k+ that it takes just to breed them. So you are now making breeding even less profitable than it is now. The only thing your suggestion does is add use to another item that people wont want to grind in the first place.

Tell me why do you want the method of narrowing ivs to still be a grind? What does that add to the game? And what does ur suggestion add to the game that is not just giving pearls a use?

Lol, havent specialy mentioned to be it a grind so chill dude :) As Thinknice pointed u could do more iv confirm or around the same time, depending on type of pearls ure getting. I'm sure that definition of equalivment trade is uknown to you :) If it would make breeding from "nothing" more expensive - dude as i said its still alternative, u could spend time on fishing to take starpieces/pearls(mentioned starpieces coz assumed cost of pearl is 1/3 of starpiece) or just get some ev/lvl to confirm pokes.

Dude, nothing is free, get real, no one is going to reward u coz u spend time on ev train.

Wanted to point that + aspect of pearl-confirm is that u could confirm iv any time, and if would confirm ALL IV then it would less time consuming than EV TRAIN. Also spending 10k on pearl to confirm ivs compared to time u spend on IV TRAIN is more rewarding in my opinion. 

@Thinknice theres one thing u missed, i said that pearl metod could confirm one or ALL(and all iv cofirm should be fair in this assumption) ivs and its definetly more REWARDING.

@Thinknice theres one thing u missed, i said that pearl metod could confirm one or ALL(and all iv cofirm should be fair in this assumption) ivs and its definetly more REWARDING.

I don't need all IVs confirmed, when you are breeding from scratch you only need 1 or two IVs confirmed, so it doesn't matter. Damn I figured out I have 29 Atk and the rest of my IVs are below 15, so rewarding. To give you an example, this is an average catch:

geXu1.png

The Atk was 30-31, as you can see I only needed 1 IV confirmed, I really get nothing out of the others. In some rare cases I have 2 or even 3 potential 31s, but heh most of them  end up 27-29.

Lol, havent specialy mentioned to be it a grind so chill dude :) As Thinknice pointed u could do more iv confirm or around the same time, depending on type of pearls ure getting. I'm sure that definition of equalivment trade is uknown to you :) If it would make breeding from "nothing" more expensive - dude as i said its still alternative, u could spend time on fishing to take starpieces/pearls(mentioned starpieces coz assumed cost of pearl is 1/3 of starpiece) or just get some ev/lvl to confirm pokes.

The problem is that it doesn't solve the problem... The grind isn't being decreased by this suggestion, you're just providing an alternate grind.

Dude, nothing is free, get real, no one is going to reward u coz u spend time on ev train.

People make money on ev training services all the time, so I mean... They get rewarded... Anyways, why shouldn't this suggestion be free? IV narrowing provides no positive game-play whatsoever, in fact it is a source of scamming, and just utter boredom.

Wanted to point that + aspect of pearl-confirm is that u could confirm iv any time, and if would confirm ALL IV then it would less time consuming than EV TRAIN. Also spending 10k on pearl to confirm ivs compared to time u spend on IV TRAIN is more rewarding in my opinion. 

yeah... no. I can IV narrow one pokemon way faster than I can payday for 10k >.>  Not to mention, I need that 10k for breeding, not for narrowing IVs.

I don't need all IVs confirmed, when you are breeding from scratch you only need 1 or two IVs confirmed, so it doesn't matter.

The problem is that it doesn't solve the problem... The grind isn't being decreased by this suggestion, you're just providing an alternate grind.

People make money on ev training services all the time, so I mean... They get rewarded... Anyways, why shouldn't this suggestion be free? IV narrowing provides no positive game-play whatsoever, in fact it is a source of scamming, and just utter boredom.

yeah... no. I can IV narrow one pokemon way faster than I can payday for 10k >.>  Not to mention, I need that 10k for breeding, not for narrowing IVs.

I don't need all IVs confirmed, when you are breeding from scratch you only need 1 or two IVs confirmed, so it doesn't matter.

As ev train i was saying about narroving ivs, not full ev train...
There's plenty other items that can be used to make this additional suggest into reality, u want less time spending item, here's heartscale. -> It's nearly free item, so no futher cost added in breeding and everyone is happy? Or to make is at least minimal need of effort put in, something cheap like berry(500-1k). Still better option that saying that "We are bored we want everything free coz we put cost on other sides of the game".

As ev train i was saying about narroving ivs, not full ev train...
There's plenty other items that can be used to make this additional suggest into reality, u want less time spending item, here's heartscale. -> It's nearly free item, so no futher cost added in breeding and everyone is happy? Or to make is at least minimal need of effort put in, something cheap like berry(500-1k). Still better option that saying that "We are bored we want everything free coz we put cost on other sides of the game".

I don't think you get that breeding takes enough time on its own. This whole suggestion is based on breeding from scratch, not breeding like most people do with their hoarded comps. Take away narrowing IVs and I'm still spending 6 hours on catching + breeding, so it really is enough effort on its own.

If you don't think that is the case, then let's just agree to disagree.

I don't think you get that breeding takes enough time on its own. This whole suggestion is based on breeding from scratch, not breeding like most people do with their hoarded comps. Take away narrowing IVs and I'm still spending 6 hours on catching + breeding, so it really is enough effort on its own.

If you don't think that is the case, then let's just agree to disagree.

If ure whining about time u spending on doing anything just go on play Pokemon Showdown instead :) Seems like ure really dont know  what u really want to :) If u want to comp only, then buy final products and still play pokemmo or really go play battle simulators and stop disagreeing with anything, coz no one offered u everything for free :)