[Implemented] Show exact IVs

i think its because of the ways the iv is calculated, because a certain stat can be attained with different ivs is why teh range is given. As for hidden powers, just breed hidden power onto it and test it, easier than narrowing ivs

Yeah but for breeding a certain hidden power, you have to know the exact ivs of both parents or else you risk wasting two breeders if the hidden power doesnt come out like you want it

i think its because of the ways the iv is calculated, because a certain stat can be attained with different ivs is why teh range is given. As for hidden powers, just breed hidden power onto it and test it, easier than narrowing ivs

Um, people don't want to waste 2 good breeders and get the wrong HP, they wan't to be able to take there 2 breeders and calculate the hp beforehand and know what exactly they are breeding, and actually breed for the HP they want.

EDIT: beaten to it.

Edited by Munya

im going to agree with this but for a different reason. atm the system we have for a market isnt that good. for selling, it's either spam trade 24/7 and hope someone who wants to buy what you have pops up and offers the price you are looking for. or set up a forums shop that few players in game use and have a small percentage of the market maybe see what you have. if you are buying a specific pokemon with specific iv's/moves/nature it's very difficult to find what you want and even more difficult to weed out the scammers. if we had both exact iv's and a in game mail system, a grand exchange type system would be possible here in pokemmo. 

link for those who dont know what the grand exchange is

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Exchange

im going to agree with this but for a different reason. atm the system we have for a market isnt that good. for selling, it's either spam trade 24/7 and hope someone who wants to buy what you have pops up and offers the price you are looking for. or set up a forums shop that few players in game use and have a small percentage of the market maybe see what you have. if you are buying a specific pokemon with specific iv's/moves/nature it's very difficult to find what you want and even more difficult to weed out the scammers. if we had both exact iv's and a in game mail system, a grand exchange type system would be possible here in pokemmo. 

link for those who dont know what the grand exchange is

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Exchange

Actually its a change that should have been made long ago as a trading patch to prevent scams or people just miscalculating and selling bad things.

It was there, sort of. Just not in as much detail as yours(I asked someone other than myself to make the thread).  The thread was mainly to get the discussion going though so regardless yeah.

Edited by Munya

As cool as it is to be able to make Pokemon in an MMO, it is just that -- an MMO. If I wanted needle-point accuracy in my ability to manipulate the outcome of a Pokemon IV-wise, I would go play a battle simulator. In any good MMORPG, there are good and bad pieces of equipment. If you have played any MMO, you will know that a lot of equipment will come from boss drops. It's usually completely based on RNG, and in some games, stats of the equipment that gets dropped vary. It is incredibly unlikely you'll get that "godly" piece of equipment.

The new breeding system is great, because it allows you to mix and match Pokemon you have caught to try to obtain something useable.If we didn't have those incredibly awesome breeders from before, it'd be a perfectly balanced system. And as time goes on, we will have less and less godlies since the resources to produce them will go away. So we will have to use the system as intended: go catch the things and try your best to patch up that "almost" catch you got. We already have it extremely easy in terms of HP because we have a flat 70 base power. The rest should be completely up to RNG, as things were pre-breeding (initially, from like a year and a half ago), when we could only catch and pray. Also, you can still do that (yes it's long, and yes it's a grind - as it should be).

I would also like to point out that hidden power is special now, so not as many Pokemon will benefit from it, and we will probably get access to gen IV moves eventually, which will again decrease the importance of hidden power. So if you want that one special Pokemon that has the best hidden power available, I think you need to just try your luck. No need for any mechanics to be introduced that would make obtaining desirable HP any easier.

Edited by Barrage

As cool as it is to be able to make Pokemon in an MMO, it is just that -- an MMO. If I wanted needle-point accuracy in my ability to manipulate the outcome of a Pokemon IV-wise, I would go play a battle simulator. In any good MMORPG, there are good and bad pieces of equipment. If you have played any MMO, you will know that a lot of equipment will come from boss drops. It's usually completely based on RNG, and in some games, stats of the equipment that gets dropped vary. It is incredibly unlikely you'll get that "godly" piece of equipment.

The new breeding system is great, because it allows you to mix and match Pokemon you have caught to try to obtain something useable.If we didn't have those incredibly awesome breeders from before, it'd be a perfectly balanced system. And as time goes on, we will have less and less godlies since the resources to produce them will go away. So we will have to use the system as intended: go catch the things and try your best to patch up that "almost" catch you got. We already have it extremely easy in terms of HP because we have a flat 70 base power. The rest should be completely up to RNG, as things were pre-breeding (initially, from like a year and a half ago), when we could only catch and pray. Also, you can still do that (yes it's long, and yes it's a grind - as it should be).

I would also like to point out that hidden power is special now, so not as many Pokemon will benefit from it, and we will probably get access to gen IV moves eventually, which will again decrease the importance of hidden power. So if you want that one special Pokemon that has the best hidden power available, I think you need to just try your luck. No need for any mechanics to be introduced that would make obtaining desirable HP any easier.

In those other mmos when you grind for a piece of gear, you know what gear you are getting, you don't then have to go and grind with that gear after you get it to find out what exactly the gear is.  This doesn't make it easier, it takes out an unnecessary part of the grind, and removes a potential way of scamming.  You still have to do the math to figure out if breeding this with that will get you your hidden power, you still have to go out and catch hundreds of pokemon until you get that special pokemon to breed with.

This isn't an assault on the new breeding, I am probably the person most in favor of the new breeding, I was defending it before anyone else practically.

Edited by Munya

It fixes nothing though, also that is a whole lot of information for the server to have to store for each individual pokemon in existence. How much you have narrowed each of your pokemon instead of just telling us what it already knows with an exact IV.

Edited by Munya

But we're not asking for better equipment. Just a better way of knowing exactly what equipment we have. I've never won a piece of loot on WoW that had stat "ranges" that I had to narrow to figure out how it affected my character, or if another piece of loot was better or worse. Really poor analogy, IMO

I agree that the significant of hidden power has decreased, but that doesn't mean it isn't still extremely important in some circumstances. And let me assure you - breeding for hidden power wouldn't get ALL that much easier if this suggestion were to happen. We can already narrow the IVs of the pokes we catch/trade for, it just takes some time. You still gotta align the damn stars in order to have 100% certainty that you'll breed the HP poke you want. Without that certainty, it's a massive risk to take

edit: this time, munya beat me to the punch

Edited by sloppyj24

I don't think it makes the game too easy it just takes some, in my opinion, unnesecary grinding out of the game. To breed a decent Pokemon from scratch (like 25+ all 31 speed) you'll have to catch a few hundred Pokemon. Then you need to grind money for braces and then you need to grind everstones. If on top of that I need to narrow like ~60 pokemon for tjeir exact IVs or at least the 31s I'll be busy for another 6 hours. While half od them turn out to be unusable, not even accounting breeding for Hidden Power that requires allexact IVs.

All for the change. I don't like the 'grind to grind' conxept we have now. (Catch and narrow).

Finding the exact IVs on a pokemon does not take more than 10 minutes, 15 if you need to level it up. Just macho brace it and take it through every stat.

Sorry but I love narrowing pokemon and I grew a passion which turned into addiction out of it. Please do not take this from me.

0.5/10 suggestion

I actually think the trading benefits of this suggestion even outweigh the help it provides to hidden power breeding. Dishonesty in trade chat has probably never been higher, and with exact Ivs displaying, buyers will know exactly what they're getting

That being said, I would be really surprised if this is implemented. I'm not sure why, but I feel like we're missing something, and even if we aren't, devs will likely still shoot this down.

That being said, I would be really surprised if this is implemented. I'm not sure why, but I feel like we're missing something, and even if we aren't, devs will likely still shoot this down.

I definitely agree that there is a piece missing when it comes to HP. I don't think this suggestion really solves the problem, however: even with totally knowledge of your ivs, 3 are still going to be randomized, making predicting which HP you're getting really impossible. 

The only real suggestion I have to make HP better is to either make it inheritable (if your pokemon has HP grass confirmed with a shard then so will your offspring) or to invent some other mechanic that gives players a slightly less RNG-y way of getting HP comps. 

I definitely agree that there is a piece missing when it comes to HP. I don't think this suggestion really solves the problem, however: even with totally knowledge of your ivs, 3 are still going to be randomized, making predicting which HP you're getting really impossible. 

The only real suggestion I have to make HP better is to either make it inheritable (if your pokemon has HP grass confirmed with a shard then so will your offspring) or to invent some other mechanic that gives players a slightly less RNG-y way of getting HP comps. 

they arent random, it either inherits it from a parent, or its the average of the two.

so if you want an even number in a stat, brace it, or have both parents use an even number, where the average is also even. for example, 30 and 26. the average would be 28 and either inherited would be even.

they arent random, it either inherits it from a parent, or its the average of the two.

so if you want an even number in a stat, brace it, or have both parents use an even number, where the average is also even. for example, 30 and 26. the average would be 28 and either inherited would be even.

if you brace one parent, and then give an everstone to the other, then two IVs are still going to be randomly chosen to be directly passed down. What your saying is that if you have one parent with the right HP but maybe the wrong nature, you will need another pokemon with the right nature but just 1 IV deviation from the other parent. That scenario, and the scenario where both parents have the exact same even/odd spread (where averages still result in the same even/odd spread), are the only two where you can ensure the right HP and the right nature, and potential 31 speed, or what have you.

if you brace one parent, and then give an everstone to the other, then two IVs are still going to be randomly chosen to be directly passed down. What your saying is that if you have one parent with the right HP but maybe the wrong nature, you will need another pokemon with the right nature but just 1 IV deviation from the other parent. That scenario, and the scenario where both parents have the exact same even/odd spread (where averages still result in the same even/odd spread), are the only two where you can ensure the right HP and the right nature, and potential 31 speed, or what have you.

its possible to breed any iv's you want.

in reference to your guide (which is very nice btw) 

you start with a 31/x/x/x/x/x and x/31/x/x/x/x 

if you need 30 atk for the HP youre breeding for, just breed a 31/x/x/x/x/x and x/30/x/x/x/x 

repeat for the rest of the stats/nature etc

good HP pokemon will be about as rare as perfect pokemon since this is the only reliable way to get them imo

its possible to breed any iv's you want.
in reference to your guide (which is very nice btw)

you start with a 31/x/x/x/x/x and x/31/x/x/x/x
if you need 30 atk for the HP youre breeding for, just breed a 31/x/x/x/x/x and x/30/x/x/x/x
repeat for the rest of the stats/nature etc
good HP pokemon will be about as rare as perfect pokemon since this is the only reliable way to get them imo

I pretty much agree, but some people will also randomly land themselves a great Hp poke completely by chance. Ex: forfi's beldum came out hp grass.