[Implemented] Show exact IVs

Yeah, it doesn't take too long to narrow each pokemon, but with this breeding system you need to narrow a few houndreds. Whatever method making this possible should be an easy one (although it would probably still solve the problem with scamming)

@kyu we need this for the same reason we needed confirmed hp via star pieces. people can not trust other people they dont know. if you guys insist on using a breeding system that promotes trading and breeding for exact iv's then this is the only way it'll work. it the cost is too high people just wont use it except for high value old breeders making it as useful as the 2nd story pokecenter.

@kyu we need this for the same reason we needed confirmed hp via star pieces. people can not trust other people they dont know. if you guys insist on using a breeding system that promotes trading and breeding for exact iv's then this is the only way it'll work. it the cost is too high people just wont use it except for high value old breeders making it as useful as the 2nd story pokecenter.

Metal Powder's used to confirm all the IVs on ur poke.

Promotes ditto catching.

Boom.

[spoiler]I'd rather it just be a free thing, as it seems more and more necessary as the thread goes on.[/spoiler]

im going to agree with this but for a different reason. atm the system we have for a market isnt that good. for selling, it's either spam trade 24/7 and hope someone who wants to buy what you have pops up and offers the price you are looking for. or set up a forums shop that few players in game use and have a small percentage of the market maybe see what you have. if you are buying a specific pokemon with specific iv's/moves/nature it's very difficult to find what you want and even more difficult to weed out the scammers. if we had both exact iv's and a in game mail system, a grand exchange type system would be possible here in pokemmo. 

link for those who dont know what the grand exchange is

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Exchange

literally a copy of steam trading.

first of all, from seeing the tf2 economy from going to booming to now crashing, i know somewhat about trading.

first of all, you guys need an anti-scam client. in dota 2, csgo, and tf2, there is a place called 'steamrep'. if you scam what so ever, leave a gamble, paypal scam etc, you are reported to that website where an admin will review the appeal etc. if you are found guilty, you will be marked as a steamrep scammer (or SR Caution, but mostly scammer) and you will not be able to join servers, but people will trade at your own risk now because it displays that you're a scammer. this will solve many problems. scamming will go down i can gurantee. now, prices you cannot fix. there is no way you can really fix the prices of the expensive pokes like dnite or metagross, but you can increase supply to match the communities demand, but that will cause a problem most likely seeing how breeding takes a chunk of time. my 2sense. rant all you want

Metal Powder's used to confirm all the IVs on ur poke.

Promotes ditto catching.

Boom.

[spoiler]I'd rather it just be a free thing, as it seems more and more necessary as the thread goes on.[/spoiler]

I'd rather it be a free thing to, but I wouldn't mind it being a free thing that you work for, like, catch so many of a species of pokemon or level a species of a pokemon up enough, you have the ability to see the IV's at any level.

That does sound important. Good thing I said we're doing it.

• 3 weeks later...

From scratch it already cost me 264,4k to breed a 3x31 natured Pokémon. Includes: Braces, Everstone, Pokéballs and Gender selection. I could even skip one step because I got a favorable catch.

Don't worry I made the most favorable combinations and only selected gender when needed.

I caught 92 Pokémon up to this point and narrowed 35 of them that had potential stats that I needed. Guess what, 70% of my time went to narrowing these Pokémon and over half ended up being useless. Brace prices really need to be reduced or we need better ways of making money and this suggestion is definitely needed.

Narrowing really is not enjoyable at all and it takes easily the most time of all, I wasted hours on narrowing 35 Pokémon. Just stating that I really am not looking forward to exact IVs if we need to griiiiiiiiiiiiind items to make them exact.

I will keep tabs on the costs of everything and all, not that that is relevant to this suggestion.

I am doing some narrowing now. It is srsly the worse part of breeding. It takes FOREVER and its not rewarding at all. Its also frustrating bc the Ivs will always bounce around but it never changes where you need it to. I needed to confirm 31 on a stat and it would go from 27-31 to 26-31 to 30-31. It turned out to be 30 but it took me 20 lvls and 30k worth of vitamins b4 i was able to learn that. Completely necessary. Also, as thinknice said, it wont hlp if any new system was just another grind. I have narrowed 15 pokes and still have 15 more to go (these numbers would be bigger if i was startng from scratch) there is no need to make us do extra grinding after grinding to obtain these pokes.

I am doing some narrowing now. It is srsly the worse part of breeding. It takes FOREVER and its not rewarding at all. Its also frustrating bc the Ivs will always bounce around but it never changes where you need it to. I needed to confirm 31 on a stat and it would go from 27-31 to 26-31 to 30-31. It turned out to be 30 but it took me 20 lvls and 30k worth of vitamins b4 i was able to learn that. Completely necessary. Also, as thinknice said, it wont hlp if any new system was just another grind. I have narrowed 15 pokes and still have 15 more to go (these numbers would be bigger if i was startng from scratch) there is no need to make us do extra grinding after grinding to obtain these pokes.

Well I've gotten pro at narrowing Spinda now, so I don't need to whip out an IV calc for me to know what the IVs will be. Also if you are starting from scratch I recommend catching a bunch, then figure out which one you want to narrow. Now take out 5 Pokes that need the same stat narrowed. Just mind their levels and natures, if they need some EVs you can just give them all an Exp Share so it goes faster.

With all these methods it still takes me one hour (if I'm lucky) to narrow 10 Pokes. As if it isn't hard enough to breed a perfect Pokémon already (and expensive enough).

As time goes by, I'm realizing more and more that anything but simply giving us exact IVs without any cost is totally necessary. The amount of time required to narrow IVs when breeding is ridiculous, and it is the least rewarding experience in the entire game. LF quick fix.

As I stated somewhere in this thread I am sure, i am fine with a grind if its a level up system, that you only have to grind once and then you keep it forever.  The better you become at it the better you can see ivs until you get to the point where you can see exact ivs forever.

Character level up, not pokemon level up, doing it per pokemon wouldn't solve anything.

Edited by Munya

As I stated somewhere in this thread I am sure, i am fine with a grind if its a level up system, that you only have to grind once and then you keep it forever. The better you become at it the better you can see ivs until you get to the point where you can see exact ivs forever.
Character level up, not pokemon level up, doing it per pokemon wouldn't solve anything.

the issue with having it similar to a character "skill" is how it would work when you look at people's pokemon when they have a different "skill" level than you.

the issue with having it similar to a character "skill" is how it would work when you look at people's pokemon when they have a different "skill" level than you.

Obviously you would see it at your own skill level, that or people selling things can just level themselves up or else intelligent people might not buy from them.

So people can abuse high skill levels by them telling what the exact IVs are.

This would also lead to scamming, say someone with a lower skill level in a situation where progressing isn't an option, and then having to trust someone who claims they have a high skill level to validate them.

Why not a system where if you've confirmed the IVs of a specific pokemon, those IVs for the same species will always be "recognizable" because you have a previous pokemon to gauge off of, almost to simulate learning their characteristics.

This would also lead to scamming, say someone with a lower skill level in a situation where progressing isn't an option, and then having to trust someone who claims they have a high skill level to validate them.

people will always be gullible, in this case people would have the option to level up there own skill and not have to trust anybody ever again. 

If they don't want to, that would be on them, and not a system where there is no option to prevent yourself from being scammed.

Edited by Munya