[Story][Contest] A Semester in the Life of >IGN<: College Edition

Setting: This contest is set in the time of your first semester of your Freshman Year of College [in PokeMMO].

Explanation: This is your first time ever away from home, to attend a new school. You are to explain the events, the ups and downs, of becoming your own person at College. Your story should be through out the first semester of this. (If this goes well I'll do more.)

Dates and Times: March 28th, 7PM EST - April 28th 11:59PM EDT

Judges: Rigamorty, Musica, Noad

Rules:

• One entry per forum account.
  • 1500 Word Limit - Absolute Maximum.
  • Entries must be submitted in the specified time frame.
  • You must provide the IGN (In Game Name) you are associating with your submission (If placed, this is who receives the prize).
  • The story must be in a spoiler.

Suggestions to include:

• Name of the college you are attending.
  • Your friends
  • Your enemies
  • Your classes
  • etc.

Prizes:  

1st: 700k

2nd: 250k

Hope everyone enjoys this and I look forward to reading these stories!

Note: Thank you Jay & Kili for the idea!

Edited by Archinix

<p>Suggestions to include: 

• Name of the college you are attending.
  • Your friends
  • Your enemies
  • Your classes
  • etc.
And... you know.
  • Your electives
  • A club you're in
  • A hobby
  • Possible part-time job
  • After school activity such as surfing, hiking, etc.
I know everyone knew what you meant by etc.But in case they didn't, this is the etc.

Well, IGN OrangeManiac but tbh I don't even want any prize for this, I wrote this for the pure fun. Thanks for hosting this.

[spoiler]

For Orange it was about to become the first day of his life in PokeMMO College. This is the first year the College actually made a class for the "special kids" in the school because by the people who were gonna enroll the college it was obvious that one was needed. Orange was in it. Well, he couldn't care less. Orange got on his way to school while messing up his car with orange juice. As he got in the school he was trying to navigate to his class for the special kids. After while of researching, he found it. "PokéManiacs", read in the door. "Okay, this gotta be the one.", Orange thought. Orange walked in the class slowly and carefully. He accidentally looked at Pyro, who looked at him back and shouted "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT!?". "Sorry, sorry..", Orange said. "But you look kind of a uguu", he added. Then Orange and Pyro shouted to each other for like 5 minutes, until Chae, Alatea and RipHenk walked in. "There, there boys calm down.", Alatea said. Everybody was wondering why are these 3 Dutch grills in the "special kids" class. Well, they were the only ones who actually asked to get in there. Probably because Orange was so hawt and they wanted to look at him everyday. Yeah that's gotta be it. Everyone else was there for a reason, though. PokemonMagnet, REEVS and Captain were sent to the special kids class because they're Asians and they weren't actually the greatest of all time at math. The principal thought that's literally impossible, so they gotta be special. Otherwise they were pretty chill. In the back corner of the class, feet on the table sat Parkeeeeeeeeee. He was just listening to the latest Beatport chart topper with his boombox while not giving a shit about anyone or anything. Orange saw here's probably a guy who he would get along with pretty well. They randomly started to speak about the state of electronic music while the teacher Johnson walked in. They couldn't care less. CZD joined their discussion and as Orange heard he was rich, they suddenly became the best of friends. The three missed entirely everything that was talked about for the first day only because they were talking some shit. The whole other class was getting pretty annoyed by them. Except the grills who thought Orange was so cool. When the first school day was over, Pyro walked to Orange and asked "What the hell do you think you are, huh?". Then Pyro just randomly screamed for like 2 minutes and Orange stared at him. They became the arch nemesis. "He's probably just jelly for me getting all the grills in the class", thought Orange while driving to his home. He was right, since Alatea, Chae and RipHenk were all in his car on their way to his house. "Why do you hate Pyro so much? I know him. He's pretty cool. We were in MARP High school", asked Chae from the backseat because Orange gave the shotgun spot to Alatea. "Because he tends to break my eardrums", answered Orange. "He's like a Choice Specs Exploud using Boomburst", said Orange. No one get what he meant since he was the only actual Pokemon nerd there. Just after first day Orange had made 4 new friends and an arch nemesis. The next days in school went pretty like the same way. Everyone in the class started to realize how much of a nerd Orange was about Pokemon for constantly talking about the EV spreads and movesets of Pokemon. Especially everyone lost it when he started to talk about NU, the tier no one could ever care less about. However, he started to make friends with Magnet and REEVS. Since they didn't know math, Orange had to calculate everything for them. Meanwhile Orange told stupid jokes and jokingly insulted them all the time. But they didn't mind. Captain however just claimed to be better than Orange at comp and therefor they constantly just shit talked each other. But they never battled each other because, well, what would have that settled. After 2 weeks of school, DaftKitteh joined the class. Apparently he should have been here from the start but he just skips school like it's nothing. However, he raised interest in staying at school because Orange told him nice movesets for his Pokemon. And Orange called Daft bad. A lot of times. He didn't mind either. "What's wrong with these people", Orange thought after shit talking everyone in the class. Then Pyro arrived, he started screaming. A lot. "You gonna go m8, 1v1 irl m8", asked Orange from Pyro. "Well I prefer Pokemon battle", said Pyro. They started to battle. Pyro RNGd Orange to oblivion. "Good game man, sorry for the RNG. I know you would have won that one", said Pyro to Orange. Orange was stunned. He was really impressed the way that Pyro did the high road instead of just laughing at his face for winning. They actually became friends. They often discussed about Pokemon and screamed to each other. A lot. First semester was about to come to an end and Orange surprisingly had made great friends with everyone in this class. But he has literally done nothing in the college which has became to be a huge problem.

To be continued.

Word count 892

P.S. Haha I got little bored and this what I came up with. Shout out to all my awesome PokéManiacs.

P.S. of the P.S Don't worry, me and Pyro has never been actual enemies.

[/spoiler]

Edited by OrangeManiac
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IGN: DoubleJ

[spoiler]

Young JJ springs out of bed in absolute terror. He’s late for his first day of school. His first day of school at the most prestigious school in all of Kanto, LYLE University of Fine Arts and Medical Sciences. After being accepted this past Fall, JJ decided to defer until he was absolutely sure he could make it. Yeah his father, Professor DoubleJ, MD, MPH, MBA, PhD, was the dean of the school, so he figured he’d get by, but still, this was LYLE. He didn’t want to get a bad rep on his first day. He hurried into the shower, stopped to admire his gains in the mirror, and afterward ran out the door.

During his year off, JJ traveled the country, met a few ladies, got mad swoll, and trained as many comps as he could. Oh what are comps you ask? Well comps are competitive pokemon. Pokemon that have been trained with love, vigor, and a downright abusive regiment of vitamins, cage fighting, forced breeding, and augmentation by way of magical stones, spontaneous combustion, or happiness. Ya, some of these pokemon are so twisted that they “evolve” from becoming happy with their sadistic and definitely masochistic lifestyle.  I’m looking at you Blissey, you dark soul you.

So in Kanto your entire worth is dictated by how good your pokemon are at fighting and how talented you are in controlling those vicious monstrosities. JJ happens to be pretty damn good. Unfortunately his pops thinks otherwise and said it was time for him to move on with his life. “Son, comp play died when your uncles, KingBowser and JSTUD, decided to turn LYLE into a School of Fine Arts. There is no future in comp play. You’re throwing your life away trying to win petty cash off these pathetic excuses for players today. You’re lucky I helped establish a Medical School at LYLE and swayed the admissions department to let you in.” Ya, what a jerk. Emloo and Barrogo were right. His dad was nothing but a big uguu.

Emloo and Barrogo happened to be JJ’s best friends. They were a couple off the wall characters that enjoyed tormenting the lives of everyone in Viridian City. They would ride their bikes back and forth starting conversation with anyone on the street, leaving most confused and embarrassed to have even come outside that day. Neither of them liked the idea of going to LYLE, but neither of them happened to be accepted either when their parents forced them to apply. So it was just JJ headed to the big campus all by his lonesome.

As he caught the Lapras to Island 4 it started to rain. How unfortunate. He just missed the Kingdra fairy too. That thing had bioengineered nuclear Swift Swim engines that shortened the trip by half when there was a big downpour. Damn he thought, late to class and soaking wet. On the way to Island 4, JJ leaned over the side of the Lapras and began looking at the other islands they passed by. They passed fairly close to Island 2 and he could make out the rambling of some old man. “U mad bro? U mad?” Must be one of those old school comp players that still think they’re something. JJ tightened his grip on the spiny handholds of the Lapras’ shell, “Oh I could make some real money off that guy I bet.”

After a few more twists and turns, JJ finally arrived at Island 4. He looked at his watch and saw he was only thirty minutes late. Not bad. He scuttled off the Lapras and made his way toward the doors of what they called “LYLE HQ”. He rolled his eyes and opened the front doors. An older woman greeted him and welcomed him to campus. Her name tag read Pinkwings. What an unusual name. She showed him to his classroom and left him there. As she walked away he took a glance back and noticed that a small Eevee was following her everywhere she went. It was an unusual grey color. Only in LYLE would there be a damn Shiny Eevee wandering around he thought.

He opened the door and stepped in, interrupting the lecture at hand. He immediately recognized his Uncle JSTUD, er Professor JSTUD, PhD in Biochemical Engineering. JSTUD stroked his beard and smiled that big smile. “Well look who decided to show up. JJ, do you know what time it is?” “Yes, JSTUD. I mean Professor JSTUD. I’m sorry I’m late, my uhh, well my alarm battery died.” “Sure, sure, go take your seat.”

JJ tried to stay awake in that class, he really did, but unfortunately he didn’t. Professor JSTUD threw a pencil at him and embarrassed him in front of the entire class. He was even drooling. Damn. The cute girl in the front row saw it all. Hopefully she could see all those gains behind all that drool.

In the hallway he happened upon another unusual individual. His name tag read TheBloo and he kept chattering about how busy he was. Strange enough though he was just sitting at a table doing nothing. TheBloo must have noticed him staring because he looked up and said, “If you ain’t wallin’, you ain’t ballin”. JJ had no clue what that meant so he just smiled and waved.

The day rolled on similarly. More strange faces. More embarrassing moments. Days passed. Months passed. It was almost time for him to finish up and go on Summer vacation when Lord Admiral High Ruler KingBowser called him to his office. This was the first time in years he’s seen his uncle KingBowser. He was nervous and scared all at the same time. He stepped in and saw trophies lining the wall, various Shiny Pokemon cuddled up on the floor, and boxes and boxes of pokeballs. JJ could smell the fresh aroma of salmon. His mouth started to water. “JJ, you know I never really liked you to be honest”. Well that caught him off guard. “Uh, umm, sorry?” KingBowser didn’t say anything. Five minutes passed and the air only got more tense for JJ. “So, can I leave?” “Yes. I’m not really sure why you’re still here.”

So with that JJ stood up and angrily walked toward the door. Damn. Bowser really changed. Or maybe he did. He wasn’t sure. Before he got to the door he looked back and asked a question, “Yo, what does, ‘if you ain’t wallin, you ain’t ballin’ mean?”

And with that KingBowser got the biggest smile he’d ever smiled. Even bigger than that silly smirk he had on his Facebook profile all those years. “JJ, let me show you all my comps and you might understand.” JJ didn’t know what to say. Comps were banned in LYLE ever since they monopolized the competitive market and saturated the record books with LYLE victories. LYLE declared that comp play would die with them because “they were comp play”. JJ expected KingBowser to reach for the boxes of pokeballs lining his shelves, but instead he reached under his desk. JJ heard a click and suddenly the wall shifted… Behind that wall of dusty pokeballs was an endless hallway. “You thought LYLE was dead didn’t you? Well you were wrong.”

They descended down the hallway and he could hear the distant rumble of earth shaking bellowing. The shaking became so violent that JJ could feel it himself. They rounded bend after bend and corner after corner. The shaking became so violent that JJ had to steady himself on a nearby wall. When they finally came to an opening he saw what the rumbling was coming from. It was Rhydon! “Earthquake again!” screamed a small man behind the behemoth pokemon. It was NikhilR, the champion of over 100 tournaments. JJ glanced to the other side of the arena and saw a Linoone slithering casually. “Iron Tail!” roared the buffest man JJ had ever seen. His mouth dropped in admiration of all those gains and suddenly he recognized who it was. The God Raaidn. The best competitive player since KingBowser himself. The match was over as soon as he arrived. The Rhydon fainted and Nik laughed, “Linoone is so broken. Why don’t we ban it already?”

KingBowser looked down at JJ then and asked him if he had what it took. JJ stepped forward and reached into his bag. He could feel the Ultra Ball in his hands. He let it fly. Out sprung a Clefable that seemed to dance in utter joy at the mere thought of dueling. KingBowser looked down at him and said, “That better not be a Calm Mind Clefable. God, that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen.”

And in that moment JJ knew the reason why Emloo and Barrogo were never accepted into LYLE. In the audience sat second years, third years, and even fourth years. What a freaking secret. He should have known they wouldn’t let comp play die.

“Clefable, use Calm Mind!”

[/spoiler]