[Denied]Battle Frontier Money Payout

Beldore

I gave this idea in JJs thread but figured it needed a seperate thread. The idea is to have an option to battle for yen instead of BP. The higher the streak, the more yen you receive. I can this see this causing inflation problems, so you could max out a set amount of yen like for example 250k or so. Or only get paid a set amount every 'x' wins.

Pros:
- It gives us players a fun way to make money
- It helps us get some income to buy braces/breeders/comps/everstones
- Better grinding than islands and selling dittos/breeders/comps/everstones/shards

Cons:
- None that I can think of, but will add any if mentioned.

honestly i dont think the devs will impliment this due to being abused(yes even with limitations[alts lots of alts]). maybe instead they can have an NPC who buys your BP with yen?

At that point why bother grinding BP to sell to another player? That would make this game even more of a single player game imo

Personally I think that vitamins should be the standard money trade option from BP to cash as far as system generated money goes, you could of course potentially make more from other players if you went that route.  And of course make it so you can purchase more than one vitamin at a time.

250k is a lot though, was talking about this earlier with somebody and I think 75k per 7 wins(trip into frontier) at the highest streak would be good, thats over 10k a battle, more than you can obtain from any other npc.

Personally I think that vitamins should be the standard money trade option from BP to cash as far as system generated money goes, you could of course potentially make more from other players if you went that route.  And of course make it so you can purchase more than one vitamin at a time.

250k is a lot though, was talking about this earlier with somebody and I think 75k per 7 wins(trip into frontier) at the highest streak would be good, thats over 10k a battle, more than you can obtain from any other npc.

250k was more of an example than anything, and also meant an extremely high win streak like 60 or 70 battles. 75k per 7 wins sounds better than grinding islands.

75K per 7 battles? Let's count how many times that can get abused! :o

Here's my Math!

Output:          Input:

7                    75

14                  150

21                  225

28                  300

35                  375

I don't think this will be implemented, because this can easily be abused my people who have good pokemon and ALOT of time on their hands (weekends). This would totally mess up economy. Just 35 battles and already 375K, think of 56 battles! ( 600K) Or even 136 battles, trust me I've seen people like that..so much time! (136 battles means 1.2 Million) :o It's certainly easy money, but like I said "economy" COMPS would become and easy buy, shiny would mean nothing compared to the money you can earn.

Edited by BeDerpyAsYouCan

Here's my Math!

7                    75

14                  150

21                  225

28                  300

35                  375

I don't think this will be implemented, because this can easily be abused my people who have good pokemon and ALOT of time on their hands (weekends). This would totally mess up economy. Just 35 battles and already 375K, think of 56 battles! ( 600K) Or even 136 battles, trust me I've seen people like that..so much time! (136 battles means 1.2 Million) :o It's certainly easy money, but like I said "economy" COMPS would become and easy buy, shiny would mean nothing compared to the money you can earn.

Heres the thing, its already at least 50k per 7 battles at the maximum streak if you buy and sell vitamins, note I said maximum streak. You would have to reach the highest streak first, and them maintain it to keep that payout.

Heres the thing, its already at least 50k per 7 battles at the maximum streak if you buy and sell vitamins, note I said maximum streak. You would have to reach the highest streak first, and them maintain it to keep that payout.

Or just have the yen count to stop at a certain amount say 150k after like 30 battles for example. After those 30 battles you get rewarded your yen and you start over. That way it doesn't get too abused..

[font='comic sans ms', cursive]Here's my Math![/font]
7                    75
14                  150
21                  225
28                  300
35                  375

Why is making more money easier a bad thing? Do you like grinding 30k off 10 trainers?

Here's my Math!

7                    75

14                  150

21                  225

28                  300

35                  375

It wouldn't mess up the eco. It would make the yen a weaker currency, which in turn would make shinies more expensive yen wise, comps more expensive yen wise BP more expensive yen wise etc.. The only difference is yen sink holes won't have as big of an effect.

Sure, the eco would be messed up for a week or two, but it will soon stabilize.

Edited by KaynineXL

Yo, totally support this. BP grind for Yen would be op. Keeps the players grinding and gives a good incentive, but tbh, how does increasing the availability of yen reduce the price for comps? Like why won't the price just scale up?

the reason comps are so expensive is the cost of the breeding, the price cant drop below the cost of making a comp. So atm the prices are as low as they are gonna get, because the market is so bad right now. If we get more cash flowing around, prices might raise a bit, but as long people get back for what they spent on braces + some profit its the marked that decides the price again.

Not sure if i managed to explain that lol. but no i dont think prices will scale up.

But if we win yen instead of bp where would we get Bp?Or we could win Bp at the same?

Before you start battling the NPC will ask you if you want to battle for yen or BP.

If this gets implemented they would need to increase the difficulty because i know loads of players who have mass amounts of bp due to it being easy to get and keep a streak in the battle Frontier.

not necessarily, in the OP i said you could get paid a set amount every 'x' wins. Like for example you yould get paid 50k every 25 wins. Or the yen could max out at a set amount and when it reaches said amount the battles will start over and you recieve your yen.

Edited by Beldore
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is why I support Beldore's suggestion, SHINY TRADERS! All the experience I have as a reporter, shiny traders had been hugging the money like crazy making the economy stagnant. Since shiny traders generally hate comp (for the exception of BurntZebra),  I think this would balance the economy.

I know I am going to throw a generalization here, but I figured this is really important, when I PM shiny traders, they usually have a couple mil in their pockets. If you ask if they can at least spend a bit of money (for donating to the community or at least a little donation when in trouble), they block you because they want to keep their yen.

Munya gave a good counterargument by stating that the high win streak is too OP for yen and bp. I would like to make a claim, Frags in a previous post has stated that he is surviving on his earnings that he gained back then. LYLE is broke. Shiny traders are filthy rich laughing at comp players trying to make a decent buck. Wouldn't it be time for competitive players and shiny traders to be on par with each other.

I am not trying to demonize the shiny trading community, but I am trying to point out a middle class that is disappearing. I feel this is dangerous on the behalf of the game's competitive survival.