PC in Secret Base

Robofiend

Question

Wait, how would one trap himself with a mailed pokemon?

I mean, if anything you won't be able to take it with a full team, hence why i suggested for them to be automatically moved to your box.

Having a complete mail system in bases would definitely help make them more relevant.

I believe bases have a lot of potential and if you guys decide to invest on them they could very well become the core of some interesting end game activies.

Currently you can trap yourself by trading away a Pokemon with a move that you need to get back to a town. It's hard to do that without thinking of the consequences though, and uncommon as you have to actually meet with a player to do it. Mailing that Pokemon away would be a lot easier to do without thinking as it's instant and you're more likely to be put in a position where you've lost the Pokemon you need for travel as you're in a remote location and the other player doesn't need to be. Currently it's not an issue that comes up often at the moment, it's more a question of if it's worth making that a more common situation in exchange for allowing players to mail away Pokemon in their current party from their secret base.

For people smart enough to trap themselves, we have the beautiful command /unstuck, argument invalid.

/unstuck shouldn't be considered in game design as it's purely a debug command and not a feature. It's not as well known as it used to be either, the majority of newer players would be unaware of its existence altogether as it's not advertised anywhere, worth using for personal convenience due to the timer, or needed often as the game is a lot more stable than it was in the beginning.

Currently you can trap yourself by trading away a Pokemon with a move that you need to get back to a town. It's hard to do that without thinking of the consequences though, and uncommon as you have to actually meet with a player to do it. Mailing that Pokemon away would be a lot easier to do without thinking as it's instant and you're more likely to be put in a position where you've lost the Pokemon you need for travel as you're in a remote location and the other player doesn't need to be. Currently it's not an issue that comes up often at the moment, it's more a question of if it's worth making that a more common situation in exchange for allowing players to mail away Pokemon in their current party from their secret base.

/unstuck shouldn't be considered in game design as it's purely a debug command and not a feature. It's not as well known as it used to be either, the majority of newer players would be unaware of its existence altogether as it's not advertised anywhere, worth using for personal convenience due to the timer, or needed often as the game is a lot more stable than it was in the beginning.

Oh, you meant mailing away your hm slave.

Ye, didn't think about that.

I think i have an idea for that, lemme open a thread.

Attaching a cost to moving your base doesn't resolve the issue either and comes with its own problems. It discourages moving your base if you find a better location than the one you already had, which affects storyliners as they discover new locations.

Ok, but as it stands bases are completely useless and nothing but a literal hole in the wall to storyliners. This is an MMO enviroment, not the handheld games. I think having a useful base for everyone is much more important than pleasing some imaginary players that should obviously be emulating the original games.

More importantly though, it turns a large team/friend list into a huge advantage as you'll have free access to the base PCs of all of them while they're online.

This is a non-issue. As stated a multitude of times already, there is a very small number of routes that would benefit from this in the first place. Almost all routes are very close to a PC, and the handful that are not aren't good for anything that another route can't do better.

Not to mention, most "big teams" would want their bases in an accessible location because they can now host events and would prefer other people to see their new base than everybody having to bike to it every time.

The price of moving your base would only really affect players with a small team/friend list, and as a result, people would likely start "selling" a spot on their friend lists for the usage of their base. Unless you're charged a few thousand yen per individual use of any PC inside any secret base, this is a very bad thing. Saying that not everybody will do this is not an argument as they have the option to do so if they choose. If you attach a cost per use of a base PC to discourage this however, the feature becomes essentially pointless and a lot less useful for tournaments.

Wow, it takes a special sort of stubborn to reach this far.

• A person has to be online to access their base. This is not consistent enough to rely on. Nobody is going to wait until such and such person is online just to save some bucks on some repels that they're theoretically using to save time getting to some theoretical spot that they need to get to do whatever it is they're doing in timbuktu.

• "Hey, buddy. I see you like this patch of grass. Boy do I have a deal for you, I'll add you to my friends list for the small price of 'x' and you can save 15 entire seconds getting here from my base rather than flying to that pc" This is about the equivalent of me saying that wild pokemon should no longer give EVs because players might trade their pokemon to randoms they see killing pidgeys to save time speed training. Might not be the best analogy, but what I'm trying to say is that it's a completely ridiculous point and is never going to happen.

This is way too simple and beneficial of an idea to be held back by you being concerned a few players will save money on repels.  But at this point I'm sure it's not going to happen anyway because the real staff wouldn't want to make you look arbitrary as you are, and the clique-ish nature of lower staff in general (seriously munya what are you doing). Feel like I'm wasting my time arguing this, it's doing about as much good as emailing my local congressman.

Edited by Breathcore

Attaching a cost to moving your base doesn't resolve the issue either and comes with its own problems. It discourages moving your base if you find a better location than the one you already had, which affects storyliners as they discover new locations.

It's almost as if you're not reading my posts! I explicitly stated that Secret Base PC's shouldn't be available until after storyline completion. Anyone who has completed the storyline has, by necessity, discovered all of the locations in Hoenn. 

More importantly though, it turns a large team/friend list into a huge advantage as you'll have free access to the base PCs of all of them while they're online.

Not if there's no benefit from using the PC, you're dodging my point that the PC wouldn't actually harm anything about the game. You're still operating under the assumption that players being able to heal in any Hoenn location will actually be detrimental for the game when I already explained that optimal farming locations are already available.

The price of moving your base would only really affect players with a small team/friend list, and as a result, people would likely start "selling" a spot on their friend lists for the usage of their base.

Tangent / irrelevant / you're not addressing my points

Unless you're charged a few thousand yen per individual use of any PC inside any secret base, this is a very bad thing.

Saying that not everybody will do this is not an argument as they have the option to do so if they choose. If you attach a cost per use of a base PC to discourage this however, the feature becomes essentially pointless and a lot less useful for tournaments.

This is frankly embarassing for you, so it's probably best we stop. I just gave you several opportunities to respond to an itemized list of why the unlimited PC feature (outside of storyline) would not harm the game and you're refusing to answer, instead saying "THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!!! LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU".

but a PC without limitations is not happening.

You need to address my points if you want this statement to be taken seriously. I've reiterated them several times in list form for you.

I'm not saying we have to agree to have a discussion, but we do have to have some ground rules. One of those rules is engaging the subject matter directly and not falling on your predetermined opinions, "this is not happening", instead of explaining your reasoning to the group. I've literally given you three walls of text that show that Secret Base PC's, when made available after the storyline, have 0 actual economic/gameplay consequences that we should worry about. I assume you disagree, but without explaining why, it's a mystery to me how this is so.

If you fail to address my posts, this will be my last response to you in this thread, and I'd encourage others to do the same.

LF Darkshade.

Edited by Robofiend

It breaks my heart that both of my good friends are fighting each other.... I am trying to come to a compromise so that way both parities get what they want. Please read my electrical base suggestion, it addresses both of your points. It lets Robo have his PC base, but also addresses Rache's point of not being too OP by bills you have to pay monthly. If you want a full Poke Center, you have to pay 800K monthly. I think this addresses both of your points. I am tired of seeing both of you quarrelling about something that could be solved (which is why I made the suggestion in the first place).

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/60003-electrical-base/

It breaks my heart that both of my good friends are fighting each other.... I am trying to come to a compromise so that way both parities get what they want. Please read my electrical base suggestion, it addresses both of your points. It lets Robo have his PC base, but also addresses Rache's point of not being too OP by bills you have to pay monthly. If you want a full Poke Center, you have to pay 800K monthly. I think this addresses both of your points. I am tired of seeing both of you quarrelling about something that could be solved (which is why I made the suggestion in the first place).

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/60003-electrical-base/

If the base PC would be 800k a month no soul would use it ever, maybe 50k is more reasonable but even then its a high price to pay. This though is besides the point.

If the base PC would be 800k a month no soul would use it ever, maybe 50k is more reasonable but even then its a high price to pay. This though is besides the point.

And thanks to your argument, I nerfed the price down. Like I said, this is meant for a "Team Base" or a "Team Funded PokeCenter."

Actually i can mail all my surfing/flying pokes and money in cinnabar's pokecenter and i would stuck myself so the "stuck" thing discuss is not discutable....

PD: Rache plz you dont have excuses, robo destroyed you so hard...

And thanks to your argument, I nerfed the price down. Like I said, this is meant for a "Team Base" or a "Team Funded PokeCenter."

Point is there souldn't be any price at all.

Why would you put a price on something like having battles freely inside our bases? everything so genuinely fun and healthy to the metagame should not have a price.

That doesn't encourage anyone to move from vermilion either.

Anyway, i'm pretty sure noone cares if you can or can not heal in your base as long as you can still battle and change your team, so we can definitely find another solution.

For some reason rachel feels someone could abuse this and  won't change her mind whatever we tell her, so let's just acknowledge that and try to find a proper compromise; anything else is wasting our time.

The important thing here is to start giving bases some relevance.

I'd like to hear what she (or any other staff willing to help) had in mind now

Actually i can mail all my surfing/flying pokes and money in cinnabar's pokecenter and i would stuck myself so the "stuck" thing discuss is not discutable....

PD: Rache plz you dont have excuses, robo destroyed you so hard...

Well, you could technically fish another pokemon and teach it surf, as long as you have a rod.

But it's a nice point, maybe we could use something else other than /unstuck

Well, you could technically fish another pokemon and teach it surf, as long as you have a rod.

Well, supose that i mailed all my pokeballs too.....my point is that pokemmo is still in alpha test yet (or i think so), and bugs like that are supose to happen eh?,i mean, you cant expect that a new feature will come out of bugs or something "exploitable".... So i think GMs should try PCs in secret bases without limited shit and then change it if those "exploitshit" problems get real.....i guess that's not so hard ):.

Well, supose that i mailed all my pokeballs too.....my point is that pokemmo is still in alpha test yet (or i think so), and bugs like that are supose to happen eh?,i mean, you cant expect that a new feature will come out of bugs or something "exploitable".... So i think GMs should try PCs in secret bases without limited shit and then change it if those "exploitshit" problems get real.....i guess that's not so hard ):.

I say this not believing in the threat of Secret Base exploits at all, but staff generally prefer to avoid exploits at all costs, especially when they're foreseeable because a small amount of imbalance could mess up the game for a long time.

If someone has the nerve to mail off their HM Pokemon for the lulz, and not have Pokeballs, and not have a rod....

They really need to uninstall, and never play Pokemon again.

Sorta ontopic, the Battle Box idea could definitely play into this and could be a fair ground between us wanting some fun factor into an irrelevant "feature" and whatever counter-argument the staff has.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/60075-battle-box/

Point is there souldn't be any price at all.

Why would you put a price on something like having battles freely inside our bases? everything so genuinely fun and healthy to the metagame should not have a price.

That doesn't encourage anyone to move from vermilion either.

Anyway, i'm pretty sure noone cares if you can or can not heal in your base as long as you can still battle and change your team, so we can definitely find another solution.

For some reason rachel feels someone could abuse this and  won't change her mind whatever we tell her, so let's just acknowledge that and try to find a proper compromise; anything else is wasting our time.

The important thing here is to start giving bases some relevance.

I'd like to hear what she (or any other staff willing to help) had in mind now

Lets put it in this context, if there is "no price," then we could see a lot of Pokemon Centers on each route. This would also kill the functionality of a Pokemon Center because what happens if some of your friends park their bases in really useful spots? Its almost like Pokemon Centers from a distance (which could kill game play). That is why the person providing the service should pay a monthly fee so that way no one will make an OP base for free.

I agree and disagree with each point being volunteered.....

Some of Robofiend's arguments:

- Free PC Bases (Disagreement)

- We should have PC Bases (Agreement)

Some of RacheLucario's arguments:

- Prevent abuse of functionality (Agreement)

- Its a good idea not to have a PC base (Disagreement)

As for RacheLucario, she is extremely concerned about the gameplay being abused (she has a reason to be concerned). Going on a slander frenzy is not going to serve us justice. Instead, we should aim for a compromise that both parties are willing to agree to. If you have to shell out cash for a "Team Funded PokeCenter," I want to give teams that option, but at the same time though we need to make sure that Pokemon Center Bases have some sort of drawback to prevent abuse.

As for RoboFiend, he wants a PC base (and I don't blame him either [some people want to have a competitive battle in their base]). He wants it and insists that newer players can't abuse this feature (he is right and he is wrong). He is right that most newer players don't know any experienced players, but he is wrong on the fact that some newer players want to know someone with experience and will go in great lengths to know someone. I do agree with Robo however that we should have a PC in the base, but I disagree with the means that he wants to implement such functionality. If you want a full PC, pay 150K or give the idea to your team leader and he/she can pay for their base to be the "Team Headquarters."

With these amount of agreements and disagreements, we should have a compromise behind closed doors (if possible). I think both sides can agree with something. I try to provide my electrical base suggestion specifically for both the community and staff to comment about. Negotiating is extremely difficult, but can be done if we took the time to understand each viewpoint accordingly. I do want to see a PC base, but I don't want abuse either. This is a question I will let both sides negotiate about.

As for RoboFiend, he wants a PC base (and I don't blame him either [some people want to have a competitive battle in their base]). He wants it and insists that newer players can't abuse this feature (he is right and he is wrong). He is right that most newer players don't know any experienced players, but he is wrong on the fact that some newer players want to know someone with experience and will go in great lengths to know someone. I do agree with Robo however that we should have a PC in the base, but I disagree with the means that he wants to implement such functionality. If you want a full PC, pay 150K or give the idea to your team leader and he/she can pay for their base to be the "Team Headquarters."

fyi I eventually agreed that there should be a cost for Secret Base PC, it just shouldn't be recurring. Paying $150k for a PC in your base would be a great investment, imo.

If you want a full Poke Center, you have to pay 150K monthly.

I desagree, a lot of people (including me) won´t going to buy a PC if they have to pay monthly for something that they will use just a few times to duel with their friends/teamm8s.... So PCs would be used just by people that make tourneys and can play everyday to make that price worth and not by people like me that play just a few hours a week, making secret bases a customizable stadium more than a private space where you can do anything you want. However, i would grind BP for it...

wynaut just change pc's so they dont heal you

This. Rache plz read this.

Edited by Kornelio

fyi I eventually agreed that there should be a cost for Secret Base PC, it just shouldn't be recurring. Paying $150k for a PC in your base would be a great investment, imo.

I want to make sure I present your viewpoint accurately. So thank you for that extra detail. I am glad you agree with me about the fee. Like I said, I want the PC base just as much as you do, but I don't want it to be broken, so that is why I included a fee.

But wouldn't removing the ability of a PC to heal your pokemon defeat the purpose of having it there for a private battle location among friends and teammates? Maybe there is something I'm missing with this suggestion that someone could enlighten me on. 

But wouldn't removing the ability of a PC to heal your pokemon defeat the purpose of having it there for a private battle location among friends and teammates? Maybe there is something I'm missing with this suggestion that someone could enlighten me on. 

Why? the pokes you use in tournament mode don't lose any hp or pp.

What's the problem?

I'm not sure, but maybe you can still set lvl 100 in tournament mode to enforce some rules

You can battle lvl100 with clauses but it won't heal you... By the way there's no reason to battle lvl100 at this point, just to be a lilbit less tanky.

EDIT: LF discussion

Edited by Kornelio