PC in Secret Base

Robofiend

Question

3 hours ago, Eldaust said:

You know the whole debate about exploits being on any long distance routes is completely negated by the fact Smeargle and the move Recycle exist right? You don't even need a PC to exploit it right now. It would be foolish to even exploit secret bases as long as Smeargle exist as a Pokemon and a meme to never ever needing to head back to the Pokemon Center thanks to moves like Recycle and Milk Drink.

I don't really see why PC in the Secret Base is seen as a big deal unless you guys do something about the #1 problem to it right now which is Smeargle. As long as Smeargle exists there isn't a need to head to the Pokemon Center for farming atm.

That is an issue with recycle, not with what xela posted.

5 hours ago, Eldaust said:

You know the whole debate about exploits being on any long distance routes is completely negated by the fact Smeargle and the move Recycle exist right? You don't even need a PC to exploit it right now. It would be foolish to even exploit secret bases as long as Smeargle exist as a Pokemon and a meme to never ever needing to head back to the Pokemon Center thanks to moves like Recycle and Milk Drink.

I don't really see why PC in the Secret Base is seen as a big deal unless you guys do something about the #1 problem to it right now which is Smeargle. As long as Smeargle exists there isn't a need to head to the Pokemon Center for farming atm.

No it's not. Recycle and Milk Drink are still PP limited so you have to heal once you are out of PP on those moves. All those do is prolong the amount of time you can be out, provided you also have your Smeargle holding a Leppa Berry. The Leppa Berry itself is constrained by usage because once you're out of Recycle it's gone for good on the next use.

A better, and more viable alternative was suggested in the form of a Battle Box. Which would allow access to dueling in the Secret Base without the need to return to a Pokemon Center between duels.

1 hour ago, XelaKebert said:

No it's not. Recycle and Milk Drink are still PP limited so you have to heal once you are out of PP on those moves. All those do is prolong the amount of time you can be out, provided you also have your Smeargle holding a Leppa Berry. The Leppa Berry itself is constrained by usage because once you're out of Recycle it's gone for good on the next use.

A better, and more viable alternative was suggested in the form of a Battle Box. Which would allow access to dueling in the Secret Base without the need to return to a Pokemon Center between duels.

You can use Recycle on 1 PP, fail then have it be restored with Leppa Berry hints infinite recycling. There proof all over the forums of this and I even got evidence of it. Hell there were 3 topics about this in the past 2 weeks and 2 of them are sticky'd lmfao

The Battle Box wouldn't fix anything because you still need HM's to get to many of the Secret Bases rendering them pretty much useless.

Edited by Eldaust
3 hours ago, Munya said:

That is an issue with recycle, not with what xela posted.

Far from it. There are multiple ways to loop infinite farming without having to heal or use items and Recycle just happens to be one of the easiet ways. Secret Bases wouldn't really affect all that much at all if you could heal in them since there are already better methods out there. 2 of the methods are pretty low key at the moment too besides Recycle.

If you guys cared all that much, you'll eliminate all 3 of these methods (2 which doesn't require Recycle), disable Recycle and perhaps even go as far as disabling Leppa Berry and then it'll show that you guys truly did care about the issue. Thing is nothing has been done about it ever since Smeargle became a thing because *gasp* it never was that good of a abuse anyways. in actuality it only saves like 20~30 seconds every 10 minutes or so if you were CHEAP. You can argue repels on the water but realistically that's only 1 Pay Day from a wild Pokemon battle. A Payday most people use anyways while farming for X Pokemon.

Realistically this issue doesn't really matter unless you guys actually did care for this "massive 30 seconds savings that apparently breaks the game" and actually disable all 3 of these methods.

TL;DR -Enabling PC in Secret Base would more likely bring more players in and would be a laughable exploit since there already 3 better methods anyways. Either disable all 3 methods or give us PC Bases.

Edited by Eldaust

What if PCs were put in secret bases but there was a cooldown on how often you can relocate your secret base? Maybe like 3-7 days? You'd still be able to heal your Pokemon but at least you can't abuse secret bases to get PP anywhere you like. The way I see it, it allows secret bases to be useful without being able to abuse it too hard.

I still feel it's a little weird you can heal your pokes using a PC, is it just PokeMMO that does that?

Edited by KaynineXL
Just now, KaynineXL said:

What if PCs were put in secret bases but there was a cooldown on how often you can relocate your secret base? Maybe like 3-7 days? You'd still be able to heal your Pokemon but at least you can't abuse secret bases to get PP anywhere you like. The way I see it, it allows secret bases to be useful without being able to abuse it too hard.

I still feel it's a little weird you can heal your pokes using a PC, is that just PokeMMO that does that?

Naw the original game allowed you to heal using via PC as well. Been like that since Red and Blue.

1 hour ago, Eldaust said:

You can use Recycle on 1 PP, fail then have it be restored with Leppa Berry hints infinite recycling. There proof all over the forums of this and I even got evidence of it. Hell there were 3 topics about this in the past 2 weeks and 2 of them are sticky'd lmfao

The Battle Box wouldn't fix anything because you still need HM's to get to many of the Secret Bases rendering them pretty much useless.

Wrong, the battle box I suggested doesnt work like that. you have a certain number of teams in the battle box. when you go to your secret base and place the battle box after you purchase it the teams you put in the battle box from a PC will be there. When you start a match in your secret base youre allowed to choose from one of the teams in the box. After the battle is done they go back in the box. fixes all problems.

Edited by Otulp
32 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Then you could just continuously buy payday pokes on GTL and go grab them from your secret base PC when you run out of PP. Economy=destroyed 

Admittedly I am not up to date with the debate in this thread. Although I'm not entirely sure I want to be. ;)

1 hour ago, Gunthug said:

Then you could just continuously buy payday pokes on GTL and go grab them from your secret base PC when you run out of PP. Economy=destroyed 

You could also mail a team member/an alt your fainted party members and already have pre-mailed yourself a long line of replacements.

On 20 May 2016 at 9:09 AM, SirYurop said:

So we aint gettin this then??? :(

Imo was a good idea for battles, tourneys in SB and that kind of thangs

#MakeSBGreatAgain

The suggestion is only denied once the thread is closed. If you want to get somewhere with this suggestion I'd suggest a bigger brainstorm so that problems like the ones DarkShade, GuntHug and some others have pointed out are not a big deal. 

7 hours ago, Pereiraa said:

The suggestion is only denied once the thread is closed. If you want to get somewhere with this suggestion I'd suggest a bigger brainstorm so that problems like the ones DarkShade, GuntHung and some others have pointed out are not a big deal. 

dont give us access to gtl or mail, only the teams we want to use in pvp. that should solve it.

7 hours ago, Otulp said:

dont give us access to gtl or mail, only the teams we want to use in pvp. that should solve it.

I do agree that this would fix some of the issues.

7 hours ago, R3TR0NIX said:

All I want is to have access to boxes, mail and GTL

As much as I'd like this too, I must agree with the above comments and say this would be too OP.

16 hours ago, Pereiraa said:

DarkShade, GuntHug

Those capitals trigger me.

Honestly though, few updates back, this was no problem at all, I didn't see the fuss...

On the other hand, now that we've got Sweet Scent, restoring PP becomes an issue imo, but I still think we can work around that and have this added.