"HAHAHAH, GO my Mighty Charmeleon!"

*Noob battles npc and Charmeleon loses 3/4 of it's HP*

"Hmm... Maybe I should go back to the PC..."

*Cue Wild Battle music*

"Pff, a Wild Pokemon? How puny!.......... WHAT!?! 5 Pokemon!?!"

"Charmeleon, RUN!"

*Can't Escape!*

"What the Fuck?!?!"

*At this point the noob trainer starts feeling hatred and animosity towards the system*

*Charmeleon goes down to 1/16th health*

"Charmeleon, RUN AGAIN!"

*Can't Escape!*

*Charmeleon Faints*

etc.

When this repeats itself multiple times, the noob player begins to realize that the run rate is f'd up. So until they get surf they are just forced to fight off a horde of pokemon making their nostalgic play-through all that much more irritating.

I think the point I'm trying to make, is that you shouldn't assume that new players are aware of how Pokemon actually works... When your party gets murdered by a horde over and over again, it really detracts from the Pokemon experience.

I'm just gonna stay on the side of only letting hordes be encounterable post-storyline

Correct me if I'm wrong since I certainly havent tested every area, but I think the hordes pre-surf are all a managable size of 3 pokemon per. I don't believe there are any 5 hordes before fuschia (likewise for hoenn)

Correct me if I'm wrong since I certainly havent tested every area, but I think the hordes pre-surf are all a managable size of 3 pokemon per. I don't believe there are any 5 hordes before fuschia (likewise for hoenn)

5 zubat and others at mt moon last time i went there,

not sure if last update changed it tho (seemed that they were interested in screwing ev training only)

5 zubat and others at mt moon last time i went there,

not sure if last update changed it tho (seemed that they were interested in screwing ev training only)

Ahh yea that would be super annoying for a beginner - my only trip to mt moon since the horde update i saw 3 paras so i just assumed the hordes there would all be 3

Ahh yea that would be super annoying for a beginner - my only trip to mt moon since the horde update i saw 3 paras so i just assumed the hordes there would all be 3

ye i messed up, just checked and only encountered three

it seems all 5+ spawn after the players gets surf

I really don't understand why we can't just flee with the normal flee rate, I don't understand why the devs want us to suffer

[insert example 1 of farming where players suffer by the devs]
[insert example 2 of farming where players suffer by the devs]
[insert example 3 of farming where players suffer by the devs]

and so on.

You see how this game works now, right?

On a more of a serious note, I think this whole smoke ball/pokedoll fleeing thing is just bad attempt of a money sink. We do have plenty of them, current breeding alone makes the most perfect money sink already making yen forever have value. What comes to further money sinks, sure why not but this isn't just the way to do it.

[insert example 1 of farming where players suffer by the devs]
[insert example 2 of farming where players suffer by the devs]
[insert example 3 of farming where players suffer by the devs]

and so on.

You see how this game works now, right?

On a more of a serious note, I think this whole smoke ball/pokedoll fleeing thing is just bad attempt of a money sink. We do have plenty of them, current breeding alone makes the most perfect money sink already making yen forever have value. What comes to further money sinks, sure why not but this isn't just the way to do it.

I don't even know if this is an attempt at a money sink. If the issue was the amount of money in the game, they wouldn't have reduced breeding costs.

I feel like they're trying to make the game more immersive. But at the same time, this isn't a great way of doing it.

I don't even know if this is an attempt at a money sink. If the issue was the amount of money in the game, they wouldn't have reduced breeding costs.

I feel like they're trying to make the game more immersive. But at the same time, this isn't a great way of doing it.

Just because breeding costs less doesn't make it a less of a money sink, people just get more comps with same amount of money and people never stop breeding comps because options are nearly endless.

Yes, this is a money sink because they give a way to avoid annoyance but people just end up rather logging off than battling the horde so it's kind of a lose-lose situation. There's farming and then there's annoyance. This falls to the latter part.

Just because breeding costs less doesn't make it a less of a money sink, people just get more comps with same amount of money and people never stop breeding comps because options are nearly endless.

Yes, this is a money sink because they give a way to avoid annoyance but people just end up rather logging off than battling the horde so it's kind of a lose-lose situation. There's farming and then there's annoyance. This falls to the latter part.

They need to know how to do it.

If doll's price were 1k~2k i would certainly buy a stack of it, but not with the current price.

Then it's a win-win situation because I don't need to logout and their "money sink" will be used.

"I seem to encounter a horde every other encounter so it is a real pain in the ass for everstone farming
When running away during ever stone farming you're given 4 options to run away and one of them, logging out, is the best

1. Buy smoke balls and shit (I'm broke tho, that's why i choose to spend my time)
2. Switch out your damp farmer to a Pokemon that can run, risk explosions which level up your farmer
3. Let farmer die, then runaway and walk to the PC to restart
4. Log out and terminate session so you can just spawn at the PC and run to your spot. Free.

Relogging shouldn't be a technique I do multiple times to run."

Relevant

"I seem to encounter a horde every other encounter so it is a real pain in the ass for everstone farming
When running away during ever stone farming you're given 4 options to run away and one of them, logging out, is the best

1. Buy smoke balls and shit (I'm broke tho, that's why i choose to spend my time)
2. Switch out your damp farmer to a Pokemon that can run, risk explosions which level up your farmer
3. Let farmer die, then runaway and walk to the PC to restart
4. Log out and terminate session so you can just spawn at the PC and run to your spot. Free.

Relogging shouldn't be a technique I do multiple times to run."

Relevant

If they fixed doll's price to 1k~2k i would buy it.

It's an easy "fix".

And if smokeball were not consumed upon use we would not have this problem (just equip smoke ball on a second damp pokemon).