Weather Icons

bl0nde

Question

I have a small aesthetic suggestion and it is to use weather Icons instead of the text message + animation particularly during NPC battles and wild pokemon encounters.

[spoiler]

image.png

[/spoiler]

Weather Condition: Rain

[spoiler]

Rain_Icon.png

[/spoiler]

Mouse Hover Over Rain Icon

[spoiler]

Rain_Hover_Mouse.png

[/spoiler]

Weather Condition: Sunny

[spoiler]

Sun_Icon.png

[/spoiler]

Mouse Hover Over Sun Icon

[spoiler]

Sun_Mouse_Hover.png

[/spoiler]

Weather Condition: Sandstorm

[spoiler]

Sand_Icon.png

[/spoiler]

Mouse Hover Over Sandstorm Icon

[spoiler]

Sand_Mouse_Hover.png

[/spoiler]

I think a mouse hover would provide enough clarity on what the weather conditions are, but I can understand leaving the text+animation on during duels if people really want that. However, for farming pokemon/items/money it's an unnecessary inconvenience. Personally, if it starts raining on me in the game I will leave the area and go do something else because I don't want to scroll through the messages. I believe the weather texts are the way they are now in the original games, but that doesn't change the fact that the messages are unnecessarily tedious.

This is my opinion. Thank you for reading.

Pros: elimination of unnecessary text during farming items/catching pokemon/grinding money.

Cons: ?

8 answers to this question

Maybe if we discourage people from going out in the rain, it's more immersive?

Tbh I think we need the message every turn AND the icon to tell you how many things remain. At least in tmode.
I don't foresee it being treated differently in one mode from another.

you don't need, in any case, a message repeatedly popping up to state what you can clearly see by yourself long before it pops up.

It's an unnecessary waste of time, time we could spend doing something more pleasing.

It's a flaw, it makes the game less enjoyable, people (me included when i still played) literally log out when it's raining.

Or just have a permanent Rainy / Sunny / Sandstorm background in the battle till it lasts

I like the idea, but I have [url=https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/56427-backgrounds-for-duels/?hl=background]suggested[/url] changes to the static background before and not many seemed interested in changing it.

With backgrounds representing weather, you'd have to figure out how to change the background back to normal when the weather changes during battle. I would think you'd probably want a fade in/out animation at the least to make it look good. That animation sounds like shu's development area who is still working on the move animations and stuff all the time so no chance there. It seemed more reasonable at the time to suggest a little icon to replace the weather messages. Thank you all for supporting the idea in general though. <3

Edited by bl0nde

I like the idea, but I have suggested changes to the static background before and not many seemed interested in changing it.

With backgrounds representing weather, you'd have to figure out how to change the background back to normal when the weather changes during battle. I would think you'd probably want a fade in/out animation at the least to make it look good. That animation sounds like shu's development area who is still working on the move animations and stuff all the time so no chance there. It seemed more reasonable at the time to suggest a little icon to replace the weather messages. Thank you all for supporting the idea in general though. <3

I meant like in Showdown battles, where the animation continues to play in the background while not disturbing the battle with 'It continues to rain' message every turn.