[PSL V] Player Signups [Ends at 11:59 EST, May 19th]

120 signups - jesus christ. It seems the competitive scene at our little corner of the pokemon universe is alive and well. This thread can be locked now, though I encourage managers to come back here for a resource if you're interested in "preferred tiers" before drafting

Here's a google doc showing the player sign up information.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SmtXvuYd40vCxGeYFtyGYZG0MqEMH0_VLaZ1r8_kxsM/edit?usp=sharing

Please check the list and make sure your information is accurate - send me a message if you see anything that needs tweaking!

Edited by Gunthug

120 divided by 8 = 15 players per team provided they all get purchased.

Meanwhile you said on the general thread each team will consist of 10 players of each, depending on signups. Since we've got an overflow of players, what's your thoughts on adding 2 new wildcard teams this year round?

Spoiler

More work for Gunt hue

Edited by KaynineXL
1 minute ago, KaynineXL said:

120 divided by 8 = 15 players per team provided they all get purchased.

Meanwhile you said on the general thread each team will consist of 10 players of each team, depending on signups. Since we've got an overflow of players, what's your thoughts on adding 2 new wildcard teams this year round?

Hide contents

More work for Gunt hue

Something to think about for next season. Personally, I would love to see a "free agents" team where the undrafted put together their own team. The host can select a manager among them and go from there. 

Just now, DoubleJ said:

Something to think about for next season. Personally, I would love to see a "free agents" team where the undrafted put together their own team. The host can select a manager among them and go from there. 

Haha that would be hilarious, the unwanted players form their own team for revenge.

Ohh, why do I laugh at things like that.

I've toyed with the thought of adding another tier to the mix, but no matter how we shake it, there will be a decent amount of players that go undrafted. I'm ok with this, though. There's nothing wrong with giving the league an element of exclusivity - the best of the best as recognized by our peers will get the chance to play, and those who aren't drafted will have to get their name out there in order to improve their results next season (or at midseason)

In hindsight, I would have chosen 10 managers, but I definitely didn't expect a record amount of signups hah

oh, and keep in mind that a manager is free to draft more than 10 players - 10 is just the minimum. If a manager wants to set a few credits aside to grab some more security on his bench and carry 11 or 12, that could definitely pay off

Edited by Gunthug
1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

Maybe this way team Mountain wouldnt be the worst team of the season.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.