PSL Season 5 Prediction thread

Aight time for JJ's round of predictions (Excluding #1 Team Mountain ofc)

1. Heroes of Light (strong line-up, will be difficult to take down on a weekly basis)
  2. Dark Brotherhood (a solid line-up, but can they get OU wins? Who is going to carry them for Oras OU?)
  3. Gluumac's Gladiators (a strong roster all the way through, but lacking a true NU player at this point)
  4. UFO (a player for every tier, but can those players get wins? Raaidn might lose interest if his comrades aren't getting the W's they need)
  5. Hellacious Houndooms (a player for every tier, but can their secondary OU and UU players get wins, how about their Showdown players?)
  6. Raging Lions (a good roster, but do they have the players to get wins in UU2 and Oras OU?)
  7. Road Ninjas (so far I'm seeing no passion with this team who are already reeling from a poor draft outcome; get your shit together boys and quit pouting)
7 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Aight time for JJ's round of predictions (Excluding #1 Team Mountain ofc)

1. Heroes of Light (strong line-up, will be difficult to take down on a weekly basis)
  2. Dark Brotherhood (a solid line-up, but can they get OU wins? Who is going to carry them for Oras OU?)
  3. Gluumac's Gladiators (a strong roster all the way through, but lacking a true NU player at this point)
  4. UFO (a player for every tier, but can those players get wins? Raaidn might lose interest if his comrades aren't getting the W's they need)
  5. Hellacious Houndooms (a player for every tier, but can their secondary OU and UU players get wins, how about their Showdown players?)
  6. Raging Lions (a good roster, but do they have the players to get wins in UU2 and Oras OU?)
  7. Road Ninjas (so far I'm seeing no passion with this team who are already reeling from a poor draft outcome; get your shit together boys and quit pouting)

We got the best team thread.

Guess I should elaborate more on those OP picks of mine, brutal honesty at its finest.

1: Heroes of Light

Looking objectively I dont see many weak points, they have strong players across all the tiers and made some great buys. Only way they lose is if some of their less established players like forfi, plata and imabe fail to pick up many wins

2: The Raging Lions

Without being biased because this is my team, Lions got stronger this year. They have some strong returning players who I would argue are top 5 in the game in their respective favorite tiers, along with some great pickups like spaint, giantpipe and Jay who have always been known to get wins. The main weakness will be a reliance on their less established players to pick up wins when the bigger ones lose.

3: Dark Brotherhood

A team without many weak points, but without many star players either. Rendiz aside there isnt many players I can confidently look at and say with a certainty they are going to win. With a bit of RNG and strong play they could push for top spot

4: Team Mountain

This might be their breakout year, it only took 3 attempts but JJ might finally have a solid team to manage. Bowser aside many of their players are frequently seen as the dark horses in tournaments, the potential for upsets is there and I see them clinching a playoff spot.

5: Gladiators

A team with an extremely strong core who guarantee wins, they will struggle if their big players fail to perform as they have done in previous seasons... I just dont see were they will be getting frequent wins from outside of their top 3 players

6: Team UFO

Buying a couple strong players and stacking up two teams worth of reserves wont win PSL, what looked like such a promising start buying BB and Raaidn might turn into a disaster with the hordes of lesser skilled players. 6th spot is a generous guess and I wouldnt be suprised to see them lower

7: Houndooms

Pretty much the same situation as team UFO, Frags and Artemisa will get wins but I dont see any possible consistency from the remaining players, instead of buying 4 reserves the money might have been better spent on a couple underdogs to get the wins

8: The Road Ninjas

The potential for upsets is there, but they are going to need 4 or 5 of them each week if they are going to get anywhere. Spent too much on players who can't guarantee wins each week and they look like they are sorely missing players in certain tiers.

• Tyrone locked this topic