[PSL 6] HYPE Thread

Just now, XPLOZ said:

I can get krilin's point but someone has to stand up and say "I wanna host this shit too".

Anyway let's not forget that hosting this event isn't an easy stuff and that it's a service to the community tho.

Was getting ready to make this post. Hosting PSL is a massive fucking workload. We don't elect a PSL host, we pray to god for someone foolish enough to volunteer. I was that fool last year, and JJ is that fool this year.

That being said, I wouldn't have agreed to hand off the hosting job if I didn't think JJ was capable of being unbiased. I think we all know that PSL goes well beyond teams, many championship teams from the last few seasons have been made up of equal parts Aura, LYLE, and all the top teams around the server. JJ gets that and he'll probably be better than I am regarding discipline, so that's something to look forward to

Hey guys, thank you to everyone supporting me in the past few posts. 

For those that are hesitant to see me as host, let me just say this:

I have always wanted the best for the community and I've put a lot of effort to add, rather than subtract, from the competitive side of this game. I have a lot of ideas that should help make PSL a better atmosphere for everyone. It's not going to be easy, but I'm not doing this because it's easy. I'm going to need the help from the entire community. The krillins, the forfs, the yettos, the yangs, the bowsers, and the frags. When we come together we can do some amazing things. Just look at the past PSL seasons. 

It's not going to happen though if we can't get past our own biases and distrust in one another. I can say that I hold no grudges with any of you. Forf and I settled our nonsense last season. Lion and I can cope when we need to. I opened this thread so early to hear ideas and garner donations. Let's not tear it down before it can even begin. 

tl;dr let's not be salty, let's be friends

3 hours ago, LionKIng said:

Ok now for the 10 players 10 teams. Pls no, psl needs that exclusivity, we already have so much bull shitt coaching and ghosting in psl and I feel like if we add more players this issue would just become way worse just because you'd necesserally get less good and accomplished players in each team. Meaning that a player like idk frags who has accomplished everythng in this game would be more tempted to coach the new kid fresh from virid who signed up and got drafted because their was no other option. 

the problem with coaching/ghosting during matches was mostly gunts fault (im sorry i love you gunt). the rules were not enforced enough that players felt the consequences of cheating were worse then the benefits. they thought they could get away with it. the consequence has to be bad enough to prevent it from happening ever, and it has to be enforced always. also i think perhaps the rules were a bit unclear. giving players team building advice, lending comps, and suggesting strategy and such before the match is acceptable. coaching/ghosting during the match is not acceptable. the difference is, you can try to make a player a better player, but you are not allowed to have another player play for him. from the psl smack talk thread i think this was not entirely understood by a few people. 

also for the exclusivity part, i disagree. a big part of psl is finding those unknown players who are good and have promise and throwing them in a team with old experienced players and watching them blossom and become known. linken i think is one of the best examples. season 1 he sold for a minimum bid and was considered a long shot but he was in a team with frags and me and a ton of old players who gave him advice and he quickly became one of the best players in the community. finding those gems is a managers job and it clashes with the concept of exclusivity.

2 hours ago, XPLOZ said:

-Trades should be removed. This is bullshit, we just saw it last season. It's too subjective to judge if a trade is leggit or not (>debates of jice vs rendom, and raidn vs Leorodo + Sebat), and it leads to situations where players who wanted to be drafted by another team will cry to be traded. Managers have to do their job during the auctions, that's all. 

-You should be more savage against players who broke the rules imo. If it was up to me, they should all be blacklisted this season. Indeed, it fucks up PSL and doing nothing sets a very bad precedent for next seasons. I mean, why wouldn't I cheat if punishments are that weak ? Atm, it is a situation of high reward, low risk. 

a managers job is to do what is best for the team and not wwhat is best for the teams individual player at expense of the team. it is a players job to play for their manager. you dont get to choose who buys you, and this is understood when you apply. one of those "by applying you are agreeing that you read and understand.....". 

if a player wants to get traded it's the managers call and if the player misbehaves then they should get punished.

agreed. rules should be in stone and anyone who breaks them should get punished. no more bullshit season 6.

20 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I thought it was OU this time?

No, VGC

VGC HYPE

Jokes aside.

If you're asking for support, I'll voice myself out as a player who played 4 seasons and managed once. I'd be more than willing to donate and play but there are things that really, really need discussing before we even kick off PSL and taught by earlier experiences I don't wanna be a part of a clusterfuck once again.

1. Sportsmanship.

You sign up to PSL to PLAY YOUR FUCKING MATCHES. I'm fucking disgusted by the amount of activity wins last season. That's about it. Not playing your matches should be heavily punished unless there is a solid reason for it. I'm mostly disappointed about amount of activity wins in the last week.

2. Trades (and sportsmanship again lol)

It was written in rules, you play for the manager who drafted you. For me, a player refusing to play for his team because of bullshit reasons (yeah JIce, you know I'm talking about you) is fucking unacceptable. The trade that happened afterwards visibly strengthened Ninjas while weakening UFO. I don't remember how the credit difference went but getting a player who is arguably more expensive for someone who got bought for 2k leaves a huge hole for 2 managers who would like to play this together and trade players over to fuck over entire PSL.

3. Midseason

Is a clusterfuck. Pls fix.

4(f). Signups

I honestly think signups should determine the tiers we will play. If we will get like, 30 players for ADV OU (yeah not VGC this time) and 30 for DPP while less for ORAS OU, why we shouldn't have ADV OU? I'm fine with 8 teams, but I think 10 tiers would be pretty cool. We have some really, really good VGC and ADV OU players in MMO community and matchups of let's say, Tranz and Tyrone in ADV OU or Doc vs Bluebreath in VGC would gain crazy hype.

5. Ghosting and coaching

Ghosting, no. And this should be heavily punished too.

Something surely would have to be done about coaching too. I don't really have an idea about it but there are people much more smart and sober than me to work it out.

There was more I wanted to write but I'm about to play with Nik in an official right now and I'll prob remind myself about it later on

Edited by RysPicz
fixed a typo

I don't really like the new midseason auction changes.

I can see how it makes Play-Offs and Post-Midseason much tighter and more competitive, but it means that the order in which each team fights becomes important and some RNG of facing the best teams first gets you an advantage in midseason. 

I just don't wanna see things get fucked over during dumb midseason bullshit again.

#RemoveMidseason

If people are really worried about JJ being biased... Why not elect trustworthy, known people from different teams, that way it's impossible to abuse biased opinions.

You could form a group of people to vote. For example:

LYLE: DoubleJ

RNG: Gbwead

SASS: Gunthug

AURA: Forfiter

PKeM: Orangemaniac

...You get the idea

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

I got some iron fists and I'm ready fam.

I'll be more than happy to help out if asked for an opinion and to work on a solution about the things I see as problems or hear out about why that exact thing should not be changed. If we will see a positive change, attitude, willpower and determination, we will surely start sending the money as well and help in making this season the best of all.

I'm in if only rys' points are listened. I didn't have any intention about playing this season tbh, last one was my first and I was truly disappointed with the outcome, from host, to cheats, to managers, to players, for me it was really bad and I was really excited about it at first but then all my excitement disappeared. the things I hated the most were the ghosting thing and players not playing their fucking matches just because of stupid excuses, it pissed me off, even if you're fucking out you have to play your match cause u signed up for that, TO PLAY. If I see good willing from JJ (I do believe u could make this PSL a better one if u want to) and I see good rules and everything I will play and donate 2m to PSL myself.

I don't think there is any realistic way to make people play their matches. For the most part when people don't play its because their team is losing and they aren't motivated to play. If anyone can think of any way of making people play in these circumstances other than forcing people to deposit money and then not giving it back if they don't play or black listing them. But both of these circumstances seem pretty extreme and may discourage people from signing up.

People being fuckboys and not playing their matches is an unfortunate side effect that will persist forever and we will just have to live to deal with it unless I'm missing something.

That being said if you sign just play your match its only 1 match per week and you made a commitment stop being uguues.