[PSL 6] HYPE Thread

15 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

I meant that Bowser would never have signed up for midseason had Kanzo not been screwed over by his main DPP player. When that situation arised, he signed up to help a friend out. Or is that something you disagree with?

Yeah it is something I disagree with, if he didnt get to chose his team with the bs mid season sign ups he wouldnt had played at all. So yeah, getting to basically chose the team you play for in mid season is kinda bad. You get that extra edge and you can help out an already strong team that way. And if the team that has the most creds doesnt interest you, you can just decide not to play. No player should be allowed to decide in what team they wanna go in, but thats just my personnal opinion. 

But ofc, frexa leaving was gay and I get why bowser signed up, but if it wasnt kanzo in that situation he wouldnt had signed up get what I mean? If it was me in that same situation he woulda gladely not signed up and look at me fall into pieces with a missing 20k player in my team.

11 minutes ago, LionKIng said:

Yeah it is something I disagree with, if he didnt get to chose his team with the bs mid season sign ups he wouldnt had played at all. So yeah, getting to basically chose the team you play for in mid season is kinda bad. You get that extra edge and you can help out an already strong team that way. And if the team that has the most creds doesnt interest you, you can just decide not to play. No player should be allowed to decide in what team they wanna go in, but thats just my personnal opinion. 

But ofc, frexa leaving was gay and I get why bowser signed up, but if it wasnt kanzo in that situation he wouldnt had signed up get what I mean? If it was me in that same situation he woulda gladely not signed up and look at me fall into pieces with a missing 20k player in my team.

Honestly though.. If I'm a manager and I have more credits than the rest, I'l definitely be scouting around and asking people I think are good to sign up to PSL at mid-season so I can sign them.

I think the scouting aspect of being a manager could be really fun.

1 minute ago, LionKIng said:

Okay I see your issue more clearly now, I misunderstood it earlier. I sorta disagree at the bolded part, because a team that is usually weaker COULD end up having more credits than an already strong team depending on whether they saved more credits or had sellbacks. Not sure what the current rule on sellbacks is, since I didn't read JJ's new rules, but if weaker teams are being awarded more money, then in a way that still makes a player aware of their chances of ending up in a particular team. Maybe if there was some way that the amount of credits for each manager was made known to them only and the host, this issue could be resolved, but I don't know how to go about that haha. 

2 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

Okay I see your issue more clearly now, I misunderstood it earlier. I sorta disagree at the bolded part, because a team that is usually weaker COULD end up having more credits than an already strong team depending on whether they saved more credits or had sellbacks. Not sure what the current rule on sellbacks is, since I didn't read JJ's new rules, but if weaker teams are being awarded more money, then in a way that still makes a player aware of their chances of ending up in a particular team. Maybe if there was some way that the amount of credits for each manager was made known to them only and the host, this issue could be resolved, but I don't know how to go about that haha. 

Yeah now you can't reallly but remember, everything we said was before JJ made up that rule, unless I missed it reading the rules when I posted all of that. 

But yeah, before you could basically keep credits and sign up a player for half its worth in mid season. So that gave you an extra 20k or so for the whole season. But less in the first few weeks.  And that player could chose to sign up or not to if he liked the team with most credits. And you could easyly abuse that rule and keep an extra money in the auction day to then benefit from keeping an extra 10 or 15k over other teams. But this all depended if it was planned or not, if you knew who would sign up in mid season or something. 

Anyways it doesnt matter anymore, the rule has changed for the better imo. Players will be less keen into signing up in mid season since they will most likely get drafted by the worst team. So most ''star'' players will be signing up in the pre season draft.  And like k9 said you can try and scout for some good recruit that nobody knows about and grab him for cheap in the mid season auction. 

Edited by LionKIng
3 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Oh missed this, and yea Vorred stated it correctly. To combat better teams getting their pick of midseason studs, I've made a few changes.

After the initial draft, no players shall retain any credits. Instead each team will be awarded 5k to bid on free agents and to trade as necessary. Teams that lose a week will be awarded an extra 2k to help them out. Teams that tie a week will be awarded an extra 1k. This should let the bad teams get their pick of the players in midseason. 

If this was applied last season UFO could have bought more player :^)

Could follow the age old pokemon tradition of fucking people over for no reason and use a random number generator.

But for real I think there is far more skill + tactics involved in auctions which has been proven multiple times by managers doing obviously shit drafts and getting punished for it.

Edited by Rendiz
11 minutes ago, Rendiz said:

Could follow the age old pokemon tradition of fucking people over for no reason and use a random number generator.

But for real I think there is far more skill + tactics involved in auctions which has been proven multiple times by managers doing obviously shit drafts and getting punished for it.

To be fair, I've done plenty of fantasy drafts over the years and there's an enormous amount of skill/tactics involved in those, too. Fantasy leagues are won or lost on draft day, especially football. But it's kind of strange that I, or any other host to my knowledge, haven't ever considered moving from an auction to a draft. Seems like a simple solution to save a lot of time and get rid of the need to coordinate 8 managers and the host's schedule to do a 4 hour auction

Edited by Gunthug
2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Depends on the number of sign ups if we can draft or not since we'd optimally want an even number of players per team after

whatever number of players we ultimately choose per team then would have to be divisible evenly by how many teams we have cuz some teams would have more #1 picks than the others, and it would have to be perfectly divisible or some teams would have more  players 

Edited by Nobarsmcgee
2 minutes ago, Nobarsmcgee said:

whatever number of players we ultimately choose per team then would have to be divisible evenly by how mny teams we have cuz some teams would have more #1 picks than the other

What?

rd 1:

rd 2:

You go 12 rounds so every team gets 12 players (this would require at least 96 signups) and if there are people who don't get drafted, so be it. Same thing happens in an auction

Edited by Gunthug
1 minute ago, Nobarsmcgee said:

whatever number of players we ultimately choose per team then would have to be divisible evenly by how many teams we have cuz some teams would have more #1 picks than the others, and it would have to be perfectly divisible or some teams would have more  players 

Well some people just won't be picked. That's going to happen regardless of the system. If we get 100 sign ups.... gunt just explained my case. But yes in a draft we would definitely 'snake'

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

What?

rd 1:

rd 2:

You go 12 rounds so every team gets 12 players (this would require at least 120 signups) and if there are people who don't get drafted, so be it. Same thing happens in an auction

and what happens if we have 121 sign ups? the leftover has to wait for midseason?

ok, i get what yall saying,  nvm

Edited by Nobarsmcgee