[PSL 7] Week Six

We need to change the way subs work next season the ability to sub out a play last second seems to be an inherently flawed system imo, it creates a huge inconvenience for the players, especially the opposition who had gone throe great effort the entire week to schedule and prepare for his first match, a simple fix is to either start allowing extensions again, or only allow substitutes before the weekend. Giving players less than a day to organise a match is ridiculous, the rules on substitution must me revisited

5 minutes ago, Havsha said:

We need to change the way subs work next season the ability to sub out a play last second seems to be an inherently flawed system imo, it creates a huge inconvenience for the players, especially the opposition who had gone throe great effort the entire week to schedule and prepare for his first match, a simple fix is to either start allowing extensions again, or only allow substitutes before the weekend. Giving players less than a day to organise a match is ridiculous, the rules on substitution must me revisited

I totally agree. With each season, we find the flaws in the PSL and hope to correct them. This was just one of those things. 

2 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Wow first time there is not a single decision I can criticize

But I can do it for you!

Again, for me, the only problem was fucking with sebat and yang's game one day before the deadline when they had already scheduled.

Yang did nothing wrong, neither did sebat, and this winrate change whatever fucked everyone with no good reason.

I still think the right call would be giving havs the activity win, (cause in the end it was a sub on saturday, cant expect that to always work) and having yang fight sebat, so eric at least gets a shot at the tie. I think approving the sub with that ruleset was the mistake, not 'sparta not subbing yang' or whatever.

For me, it's a host mistake, and host should fix with extension. Like that winrate switcheroo whatever was pooped and shouldn't have been approved. Yang was ready to play, Sebat was ready to play, and it was turned into two pretty much guaranteed activity calls, 24 hours before deadline.

I mean let's be honest. Yang's getting a win out of this so he prob doesnt have to complain but. This is ridiculously unfair to sebat, who despite having a game scheduled, is not getting an activity win.

Just now, EricTheGreat said:

Nah what's done is done, rules are rules. The last thing I want to see is a host/referee going back on their call.

I mean least coulda been done was 'these are the new matchups, you have til tuesday'. that 24 hour deadline to schedule a new game was obviously a ridiculous expectation.

I get that this is only a 1 point difference in the overall bracket for you and that whether you lost or tied this week probably won't really affect your final seed, so it doesn't really matter, but. SIGH.

I guess if you compare it to sports where the ref's call is final even if he like mistakenly pulls out the wrong color card from his pocket. it's ok. especially cause it matters little. but oh well. I don't agree with the call, is all. Movin on, then. you're the man.

• Mike locked this topic