A little disappointed

This year's Halloween been disappointing, don't get me wrong the vanities are complete fire but the whole reason most people loved Halloween was to make money and that died when minion bosses were added making special candies basically not even worth selling.I remember back in 2018 when rng played a part in getting candy and that kept candies up even 200k+ on launch but now only way to make good money is to farm hardcore boss that 80 percent of new players can't do and by time a good strat is found 99.99% it's gonna get nerfed by mods.

Bring back the good old days.

7 minutes ago, xLari said:

You can farm beating the easy mode as well, is not hard even from new players. And about the candies, i think they put those mini bosses for everyone get a chance to beat the boss, not only the rich ones or the lucky ones.

Let's be honest ur gonna spend spend 20k or grind a candy and then do ez mode for 5 goodie bags that sell for 11k a piece last time I checked so u only profit 30k-50k right there and then again u could try opening but how lucky would have to be get vanity worth good money. I'm sure mods had good intentions with minions but still money really only in hard boss rn

2 minutes ago, xBlvck said:

Let's be honest ur gonna spend spend 20k or grind a candy and then do ez mode for 5 goodie bags that sell for 11k a piece last time I checked so u only profit 30k-50k right there and then again u could try opening but how lucky would have to be get vanity worth good money. I'm sure mods had good intentions with minions but still money really only in hard boss rn

The problem its the price of the bags, this year already started very low because of the players. On the first day was 20k, unfortunately. 

24 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

the more effort you put in it the more you get rewarded this event is fine i made like 4m so far by just being on gtl (started with 500k) so everyone can enjoy te event even if you just started just need to do it smart.

"Just by being on gtl" wym by that sniping cause if that's the case ur not really doing event now are you 

1 hour ago, xBlvck said:

This year's Halloween been disappointing, don't get me wrong the vanities are complete fire but the whole reason most people loved Halloween was to make money and that died when minion bosses were added making special candies basically not even worth selling.I remember back in 2018 when rng played a part in getting candy and that kept candies up even 200k+ on launch but now only way to make good money is to farm hardcore boss that 80 percent of new players can't do and by time a good strat is found 99.99% it's gonna get nerfed by mods.

Bring back the good old days.

Tbh I think the Ultra rare vanities are too easy to obtain. Ultra rares should be something that has an insane rate. Almost equivalent 1 / a few thousand and yet they're common on literally the first day. Like the Ultra vanities look amazing and should have a lot of potential. I mean take the psychic helmet as an example... Something can't be "Ultra rare" when it is "Ultra common". Just my opinion. Also The goodie bags can't keep a steady value and fell rapidly since the demand for the vanities decreased dramatically and the market was swamped with everything the goodie bags and pumpking bags have to offer in a very short period. 

24 minutes ago, Goku said:

Tbh I think the Ultra rare vanities are too easy to obtain. Ultra rares should be something that has an insane rate. Almost equivalent 1 / a few thousand and yet they're common on literally the first day. Like the Ultra vanities look amazing and should have a lot of potential.

I think the only thing that happens is that not all players end up having access to the content, and rich players get more speculative assets to pour their weath into.

28 minutes ago, Goku said:

Tbh I think the Ultra rare vanities are too easy to obtain. Ultra rares should be something that has an insane rate. Almost equivalent 1 / a few thousand and yet they're common on literally the first day. Like the Ultra vanities look amazing and should have a lot of potential. I mean take the psychic helmet as an example... Something can't be "Ultra rare" when it is "Ultra common". Just my opinion. Also The goodie bags can't keep a steady value and fell rapidly since the demand for the vanities decreased dramatically and the market was swamped with everything the goodie bags and pumpking bags have to offer in a very short period. 

Too easy to obtain?

There are 2 ways to "easily" obtaining it:

1 - Being a millionaire and buy as much pumpkin bags you can afford and be lucky

2 - Breed an specific OP team against the boss (which isn't precisely cheap, either) and farm it yourself in hard mode, which is not an easy task.

So yeah. Very easy.

Don't get me wrong, the vanities are awesome and the event is pretty much fun (the wisps were a really nice and cool touch), is just that they killed its best feature: profit; as said in the original post.

the event is very cool, it s normal to feel that way at first, but u have always to find the good grindin method that fits u and u feel comfy with.

i advise to grind easy mode pumpking (and don't sell ur bags right away)
save your bags for later when prices rise.. not a long time ..
now they re at 8k, im sure after some weeks when eent ends, prices will rise , and this way you ll have more profit, 
don't get dissapointed, if you need any help or advice im so sure u ll find many players who would give you what you may need
just don't lose faith ❤️
enjoy the game
and HAPPY HALOWEEN ❤️

I didn't play back in 2021 so I'm not sure if the gameplay is the same but guides were already talking about preparing a team to fight him (Typh, Krook, Chandelure), so it's not something that came from no where. 

Cookie prices are set by the players, not by mods, so whatever price the people asked for and got paid, it's community-based.

Im just sad about no particle swarms this year- boss is actually fine bit annoying that u have to reset sometimes but needs to be a bit tricky.

I like the whisp Idea you get around through the single editions and see some places I cant even remember xD but its done really fast with the guides avaiable, thanks to them btw 😄.

ay yeah economy is doomed. that happens when the ingame event items are more attractive than RP Items.

Edited by Darkoure
3 hours ago, Quinn010 said:

Lol? Your just saying that your rp investment went wrong 

nah I wanted to buy Rp and sell it like lastyear

last year it went ridiculously high but im not even mad about the price drop just a fact that the economy is doomed right now

I wouldnt mind if its always like this 😄

image.png.79e1ee1ed024cca8bc5f888ddacc5b9f.png

Edited by Darkoure
8 hours ago, gbwead said:

The event doesn't create any money. People buy, people sell. Some will make good investments and make money, others will make poor decisions and lose money. The Halloween event has never been designed to "make money". Any money you make is at the expanse of someone else. 

Eh, I'd argue that there is definitely an increase of RP passes being created/bought with IRL money every time an event comes out, and I'd argue it to be inflationary.

• 2 weeks later...

This event is fun AF for me. im 1-2 month into the game,  this pumpkin event made me get into pokemmo even more, i was just playing really casual before the event,  breeded my own mons learning the fights and grinded hard mode alot. made quite some money and was handsomely rewarded. now im kinda into pokemmo cause of the event.

my first event and also feels like i had a blast, pumpkin hard mode was really fun! had lots of ways to keep improving my team against the boss. wished i was more prepared from day 1 though! Keep up the good work

Was challenging, wasnt too easy, wasnt insanely hard. was doable for a newbie. the level of difficulty was.. great.
But just felt like the ultra rare doesnt feel like ultra rare.

Edited by angryfatbear
1 hour ago, angryfatbear said:

But just felt like the ultra rare doesnt feel like ultra rare.

That's normal coz the high numbers of player, lets try numbers... If are 500k players farming at the same time even if the "ultra rare ratio" are 1/some thousans, and if every time u beat the boss u get 5 bags, well... Proportionally u can get the ultra rare very easy (talking about global community).

Whatever, in a few years a lot of player will invest on these "ultra rare" just holding it and making the price rice.

In theory and practice, more players playing the event more easy to find the ultra rare, taking in count that u can buy it with money and no farm the boss. 

4 hours ago, Utsa said:

No one farmed those kids

I don't think they should implement kids at all next year, at least with the same conditions... fighting kids was nothing but a loss of time, and not even fun. They should re-think what they want this event to be imo. I don't know if the multiplication of activites (with the addition of wisps + the increase in swarms of interest + minibosses from  last year) solves all the issues of an event whose economy and rewards aren't really well thought from the start. 

If devs want to keep separating activities, at least bring them equal values or interest from player - for example, buffing kids fights with cookies rewards, which were essential to beating the boss this year, and who were mostly obtainable by... not doing any event activities (trainer pickup drop). 

I also think it's high time you start scaling event boss at level 50... (or scale 50 mons to 100) the whole game is played at level 50, even casual players own level 50 pokemons when they do their once a year OU matchmaking, it would be better for the majority of players if they could try out their various already owned pokemons in a boss fight and multiply strategies without spending hours leveling. I could understand why, to prevent people from farming boss too fast and get too many rewards, but people who gonna grind boss crazy will make the efforts anyways (or pay others to do it), however it just ruins the fun for all others with casual grind. I think if you could move that effort (being able to fight the boss) somewhere else in an event activity (instead of non-event and boring activity that is leveling) it would be great. 

Edited by Poufilou
17 hours ago, Poufilou said:

I don't think they should implement kids at all next year, at least with the same conditions... fighting kids was nothing but a loss of time, and not even fun.

I think the whole point of kids was for those players (mostly new ones) that couldn't fight the boss manage to get, at least, a few goodie bags.

Sure, most players barelly paid attention to kids, but there were players that DID farmed them. I guess devs tried to make this event fair for everyone (Boss difficulty aside) so if a player didn't have the team or the money to make/buy a team for miniboss/boss farming, at least could get some goodie bags

In general terms, this has been the best and most accesible event I've seen yet. Plenty of stuff to do.

Maybe a few stitches for next year's but they're definetelly on the right direction.

3 hours ago, SephirothNinety said:

I think the whole point of kids was for those players (mostly new ones) that couldn't fight the boss manage to get, at least, a few goodie bags.

Sure, most players barelly paid attention to kids, but there were players that DID farmed them. I guess devs tried to make this event fair for everyone (Boss difficulty aside) so if a player didn't have the team or the money to make/buy a team for miniboss/boss farming, at least could get some goodie bags

In general terms, this has been the best and most accesible event I've seen yet. Plenty of stuff to do.

Maybe a few stitches for next year's but they're definetelly on the right direction.

Sure, but fighting kids was even less worth than common money making methods, if you wanted to get goodie bags, buying them was better than spending 12min for 8k value.