[Website] (OPEN-SOURCE) PokeMMO Hub - Tools, Calculators, Economy, Investments, Cosmetics, Guides

On 8/16/2023 at 1:07 AM, ColesNightfill said:

Thanks! 

We have pokemon catch rate numbers, but just wondering what use does that have to the user? The number seems kind of arbitrary, going over 200 for example. Is it a well known measurement for catching difficulty? Cuz ive never seen it before using the pokedex data. If this is the case, I think the percentage probabilities are all thats needed

Location filtering is just a unova issue atm, due to pokemmo adding custom non-unova pokemon to the unova dex, so we will try to get that fixed soon. 

Personally I prefer just looking for the catch rate number (instead of checking every probability percentage) and then make quick simple calculations (mental calculations or with my phone), based on the catch rate formula from Gen III - IV (similar to the formula from Gen V), which is actually not complicated. If the pokemon is 1 hp, I just multiply the catch rate by the modifiers (status condition and poke ball rate) and check if the result is over or close to 255. I guess a lot of people use this method, but other people will prefer the percentages you provide.

About the filtering location issue, apparently it also happens with Kanto, showing just the pokemon from the "original" dex. Some examples:

- Kanto and Route 1 filters don't show Pichu -> Added by Pokemmo, but is not originally in Kanto dex

- Kanto and Canyon Entrance filters don't show Sentret -> Originally available in Fire Red / Leaf Green, but is not originally in Kanto dex

- Kanto and Route 3 filters show Charmander -> Added by Pokemmo and is originally in Kanto dex

Edited by bradimar
3 hours ago, bradimar said:

Personally I prefer just looking for the catch rate number (instead of checking every probability percentage) and then make quick simple calculations (mental calculations or with my phone), based on the catch rate formula from Gen III - IV (similar to the formula from Gen V), which is actually not complicated. If the pokemon is 1 hp, I just multiply the catch rate by the modifiers (status condition and poke ball rate) and check if the result is over or close to 255. I guess a lot of people use this method, but other people will prefer the percentages you provide.

About the filtering location issue, apparently it also happens with Kanto, showing just the pokemon from the "original" dex. Some examples:

- Kanto and Route 1 filters don't show Pichu -> Added by Pokemmo, but is not originally in Kanto dex

- Kanto and Canyon Entrance filters don't show Sentret -> Originally available in Fire Red / Leaf Green, but is not originally in Kanto dex

- Kanto and Route 3 filters show Charmander -> Added by Pokemmo and is originally in Kanto dex

Oh... yep. That seems to be the issue then. Need to update dex numbers with the PokeMMO dex, not the vanilla pokemon ones. Thanks for that insight!

I understand more on why you prefer to have catch number displayed. I'll consider displaying it if I can, thanks

Hello! i would love to see something for actual pokemon similar to the items tracker, i think a lot of sellers would appreciate something like this
1. select mon
2. select ivs

3. a way to change ivs without having to go through the entire process again because thats what makes it so slow and not user friendly checking prices in the gtl being able to check the site and just list everything afterwards would be much faster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The site is super useful! Thank you guys for putting it out there! 
I use it daily and recommend it to everyone beginning on the game, so well organized it make things much easier. 

Would be cool to add Johto EV locations, i use that ones (that you can access without completing pokedex)

Johto:

HP - Mahogany - x5 Lickitung - 10 EV HP
Attack - Cianwood - x5 Machoke/Kingler - 10 EV Atack
Defense - Indigo Plateau - x5 Sandslash - 10 EV Def (DAMP NEEDED)
Sp. Attack -Mahogany - x5 Girafarig/Flaffy - 10 EV Sp Atack 
Sp. Def - Cianwood - x5 Mantine - 10 EV Sp Def
Speed - Blackthorn - x5 Poliwhirl - 10 EV Speed 

I used the video from patrouski as reference.

Spoiler

Edited by Anon000
typo
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From our discord announcements:

"Hey everyone,
most of you may have already noticed that we lack the new items. They are being recorded and are accessible only via the Discord Bot atm. We are basically waiting for a 3rd party to update his private dataset of PokeMMO items. Because of this and the fact that we are lacking the time and resources to add most of the ideas you propose. We want to open up the source of the website to the public so everyone can contribute to it. We will also create our own dataset for items, pokemon and more that can be used on the website but also is open for other people to use. We never started an opensource project and may lack the knowledge. But here is our small roadmap and some info for people who are interested.

Info:
There will be 2 new repositories:

1. Pokemmo-data: This repo will include, as mentioned above, all static data and images about pokemmo. After game updates people can open pull request with additions and changes.
  2. Pokemmohub: This repo will be the actual website source code. The code in this website is not live and will be synced with the live repo if its stable.

Roadmap:

• Create pokemmo-data repo, define layout, put sample data and make it public
  • Create pokemmohub repo, write a guide on how to setup your workspace, update website to use pokemmo-data repo instead of 3rd party data (this will take most of the time)

The Website is written in JS using React, Gatsby, FireBase aswell as GraphQL.

Expect the data repo to go live in a few days. The pokemmohub repo will need some time tho so maybe 1-2 weeks if im fast enough."

If you wish to contribute or just follow the progress of this you may join our discord, the invite is available on the bottom left of our site. Thanks

Edited by ColesNightfill
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I created code in Python to extract information about Pokémon (such as where it was captured, abilities, evolutions, etc.) from the Pokedex and place it in an Excel table. However, I mysteriously never receive a response. I would like to know if there is somewhere I can get this information, as trying to access the pokemmohub website always seems complicated to me, it is also slow and does not allow me to do some pokemon training analysis.

On 2/19/2024 at 1:29 AM, KaydenBreakk said:

I created code in Python to extract information about Pokémon (such as where it was captured, abilities, evolutions, etc.) from the Pokedex and place it in an Excel table. However, I mysteriously never receive a response. I would like to know if there is somewhere I can get this information, as trying to access the pokemmohub website always seems complicated to me, it is also slow and does not allow me to do some pokemon training analysis.

While in-game, if you press 

Settings > Utilities

There's a tool to dump Pokedex data. It has all their info in json files.

Edited by LucasLyn5
grammar is hard
  • ColesNightfill changed the title to [Website] (OPEN-SOURCE) PokeMMO Hub - Tools, Calculators, Economy, Investments, Cosmetics, Guides