August-2023 Movement Discussion

4 hours ago, TohnR said:

It would probably be better that TC would directly validate/forbid usage based changes instead.

Altho I like the idea of building a different system that does not purely rely on usage 👍

This shows that when I post, no matter what i post, I get ignored, even if was a good idea. The first line is literallty what I posted yesterday on the thread of luke, second line is something i'm suggesting to do for a time.

7 hours ago, TohnR said:

Agree and disagree.

It would probably be better that TC would directly validate/forbid usage based changes instead.

To do a fully authoritarian approach you would need an UU/NU council of UU/NU top players, and a lot more votes than just 5 or 6.

They would need to be actively playing or looking at UU/NU tournament matches to have a grasp on the metagame at all time of the year. 

Won't be name dropping but in TC right now I think 3 members out of 7 fill in the conditions for the type of decision you're suggesting, when it comes to UU.
Surely same goes for NU. Each member has different skills in different tiers. 

Altho I like the idea of building a different system that does not purely rely on usage 👍

We had that in the past and it was working really well, I think we had that until 2015 or 2016. I enjoyed having unique tiering method, usage is cool but the playerbase is too small and there are too few matches played in the lower tiers imo

• Munya locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Munya unfeatured this topic