August-2023 Movement Discussion

It is more than normal that Seismitoad returns to NU, he had never had anything to do in a higher tier.

I consider that Aerodactyl and Sableye have no reason to tier up. Sableye is not too strong, and at least it allowed to have a real switch on most fighting pokémons, and also to be able to easily stop the Stoutland of sands teams.

On the other hand, it is coherent that Cloyster and Venomoth go up, the two of them being particularly strong for the tier.

Only reason sableye and aero are moving up is because screens is commonly spammed on ladder for quick and easy games. Can see from the big difference between ladder and tour usages. Maybe theres something to be discussed here about rebalancing weightage for ladder and tour usage on overall usage

sableyespam.png

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

669879fa9ac19bdcdd2afef6457f6779.png

Any chance this could drop too? 3% usage with 36% win rate is just so bad. I can't see a world where it doesn't drop by default on the third month.

Milotic Never Used?

I'm not sure if this will be good for the tier
(I warn that this mon if go to untiered, will be banned from the non-official metagaming.)

Edited by caioxlive13
3 hours ago, Imperial said:

No thank you.

oh yes thank you

Glad to see Venomoth and Cloyster gone btw, those mons were just too strong for the tier

In the case of Aerodactyl and Sableye, i dont rly see why they're going to UU, just because one screens team is being spammed and the usage is now higher, idk imo that way to do the tier changes is rly wrong but ig thats how tier council/staff have been doing it for years

Edited by Edstorm
8 hours ago, gbwead said:

¿Hay alguna posibilidad de que esto también pueda caer? El uso del 3% con una tasa de ganancias del 36% es tan malo. No puedo ver un mundo donde no caiga por defecto en el tercer mes.

yes please, blaziken is boring at the level

12 hours ago, gbwead said:

Any chance this could drop too? 3% usage with 36% win rate is just so bad. I can't see a world where it doesn't drop by default on the third month.

You right bro, if they allowed a try for Venomoth in NU, which was for sure worst than Milotic, then I guess that there is no reason to not let him having a test in the tier.

Currently, I don't see how the Pokemon would be a problem for the tier, and even better, its entry into the tier would let us able to deal better with some of the pokes from the metagame, like sharpedo and some others.

Edited by Godhelll

Regardless of whether we want Milotic to drop or not, as far as I recall once the Pokemon are listed here no other changes will occur (unless TC decide to test Pokemon currently in BL1 or BL2 which are below the cut-off point)

I'm sure it'll drop down next month anyway especially with the new batch of HAs coming

1 hour ago, Luke said:

As hinted at in my post, this cutoff change still doesn't change the outcome of yoyo'ing tiers. I would recommend the TC go for some kind of authoritarian approach honestly lmao

Is just the first month, and OU <---> UU has no movements. If remain like this, eventually UU <---> NU movements would be stable.

Edited by caioxlive13
17 hours ago, Luke said:

As hinted at in my post, this cutoff change still doesn't change the outcome of yoyo'ing tiers. I would recommend the TC go for some kind of authoritarian approach honestly lmao

Agree and disagree.

It would probably be better that TC would directly validate/forbid usage based changes instead.

To do a fully authoritarian approach you would need an UU/NU council of UU/NU top players, and a lot more votes than just 5 or 6.

They would need to be actively playing or looking at UU/NU tournament matches to have a grasp on the metagame at all time of the year. 

Won't be name dropping but in TC right now I think 3 members out of 7 fill in the conditions for the type of decision you're suggesting, when it comes to UU.
Surely same goes for NU. Each member has different skills in different tiers. 

Altho I like the idea of building a different system that does not purely rely on usage 👍