1. 1. National Park: Give your opinions

• Yes, choose it
    • No, choose other place.
  2. 2. Point System: Good the changes?

• Yes, they're far more fair.
    • No, the changes are not good.
  3. 3. Tie-breakers - Apply it or not

• Keep the tiebreaks how they are, they're fair
    • Remove the tiebreak, declare the draw and force a redo. Deciding match by tiebreaks sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.c12d7da027a1b86a21656223bb74b020.png

#CaoiXIncreaseThePrizeOfBlitz ... You gotta be f**** kidding me.
#FreeForEnter #NoElitization  ... This is a answer to the elitization of some tours, especially "OUvitational" that will have the host choosing 25 of 32 players, just with the excuse of "Being a elite tournament"(If they're going to be the elite then they should be proven themselves onto a qualifier, and not avoid it like they''re fearing it. If the problem is bracket because can put 2 great players to face themselves, add a seeding system. That's it)???

Duel Zones - Qualifiers:

Johto's National Park:

Spoiler

image.png.1cca584e0565fe7d2020ad177a4e9dee.png

Kanto's Silph Co:

Spoiler

image.png.cdbfaa0356fa5b22bd472867573f5447.png

• Duels on central table. If both agree, they can play on top or bottom table, but a agreement must be made. 
  • The duel also can happen on other table if the central table is used.

Hoenn's Contest Hall:

Spoiler

image.png.608b9b841093d7161d28629cd6363684.png

• The battle must take place on the Blue Arena. Only if both players agree on playing on a other arena that they can do, but this need to be warned.
  • You can also duel on other arena if the Blue Arena has more than 3 matches happening on them
  • You're not allowed to battle on Lilycove Contest Hall's lobby, unless your match is also valid for Poufilou's Weekly LC tournaments.
  • In order to ensure everyone has a chance to watch the match, no match is allowed to be held during TT's duration. On weeks that happens the Team Tournament, the deadline is extended in one day.

Sinnoh's Veilstone Pokemon Center

Spoiler

Image TBA

Unova's Lostlorn Forest

Spoiler

image.png.f388a5bdf954cb995a4d243fb3a94033.png

Battling Restrictions:

- Red Square means the zone is restricted: Only players on battle, and a recorder if have, has to be there. Everyone else is not allowed to be on the zone.

Players has to duel on correct places for the tiers they're battling(Example: LC matches only on Lilycove Contest Hall), and specify in case of small changes(Ex.: Duel on Lilycove Contest hall being transfered to Lobby due to LC tournament). Failing on doing so can be meeting with the match being voided.
- Matches must be warned on discord at least 10 minutes prior to the match. Exception for the LC's weekly tours that has no way to know about the match before. Need to warn as soon as both agree on playing for slam.

Edited by PGS

Fixed on the Relevant Links the discord link, apparently it was bugged and people cannot join.
Thanks @ivexx2 for noticing it and reporting to me.
Note: The link on my signature is not fixed yet. Edit: Now it's fixed. Also, add more tags. Why?
Wynaut?

Also, i added the LCPL's discord to the relevant links since there is when LC discussion happens.

Edited by PGS

We've checked the recent activity on Competition Alley, and noticed some of the changes that can be going to happen due to the Scarlet and Violet's DLCs I - The Teal Mask, and II - The Indigo Disk.
The comment with the relevant changes are the follow, made by @TohnR.

As of all changes, only Torterra and Shiftry are relevant to the Slam organization, since we don't care about Higher Tiers that much, and will let TC rule the changes there for now, while we check the Untiered. Shiftry is not going to impact Untiered that much but Torterra's power is deemed broken for Untiered.

Brief analysis.
Now with Shell Smash, torterra can reach onto the huge atk stat of 354(Max IVs and EVs, +Atk Nature), that is very high for Untiered that has not many options of defensive mons. It's 95/105/85 defenses give it bulk enough to survive most hits coming from mons that has no way to super effectively deal damage to it, giving enough time to it get shell smash and get things going. Also with the speed of 216 after a shell smash, he can't be outspeeded on tier from anything not using a scarf. And this 216 speed is assuming a Adamant nature(Not a timid nature, if was timid he can reach even futher.)He has flaws, such a 4x weak to ice, but people can use Yache Berry to live a hit and kill who tried to deny their setup. Also, Ice type attacks are not that common(Even Manectric, one of main electrics on tiers, don't use Ice attacks for coverage(It runs HP Water specifically for Camerupt)) and the best Ice-type mons are Rotom-Frost and Sneasel.

Given the critical situation, a poll will be opened up soon on Discord to decide if Torterra will be banned or not. In order to people be able to vote, he has to send a print of the Trainer card with the IGN on a chat that will be opened later, we will still give detailed instructions of how people will be able to Vote, and we will check the nick on Hall of Fame. If people has at least 1 entry, he earns the rights to vote for the Torterra's Ban and for other Tiering decisions. Grand Slam's Champion and Runner-Up bypasses this verification and can also vote, not mattering if they has 0 entrys on hall of fame, this is a rule we want to pass over the Slam editions.

Edited by PGS

Update: The discord is ready to receive votes from people on Polls. 

Some things may be bring to be voted onto the main thread, but all tiering decisions will be get onto discord so we can verify and control who votes and not let a random "JoãozinGameplays045" be voting onto a important thing that are tiering.

About opened polls:

National Park gets a 5-2 vote to it be Johto's place that duels will take part, so they're going to be hosted there.

The voting system gets a 2-1 vote against it. I will keep for now since there is no other idea written(People are more busy trying to figure out who i am and sending laughing reactions instead of really discuss something), but i want who voted against it, to voice a better one, that will be bringed onto voting as well to see if replaces the current system or not. We're not bringing the old system of Season 1 because he is simply horrible.

Also, a side note: The current system is copied from Smogon's Grand Slam.

Edited by PGS
On 9/19/2023 at 8:26 PM, PGS said:

We've checked the recent activity on Competition Alley, and noticed some of the changes that can be going to happen due to the Scarlet and Violet's DLC II - The Indigo Disk.
The comment with the relevant changes are the follow, made by @TohnR.

As of all changes, only Torterra and Shiftry are relevant to the Slam organization, since we don't care about Higher Tiers that much, and will let TC rule the changes there for now, while we check the Untiered. Shiftry is not going to impact Untiered that much but Torterra's power is deemed broken for Untiered.

Brief analysis.
Now with Shell Smash, torterra can reach onto the huge atk stat of 354(Max IVs and EVs, +Atk Nature), that is very high for Untiered that has not many options of defensive mons. It's 95/105/85 defenses give it bulk enough to survive most hits coming from mons that has no way to super effectively deal damage to it, giving enough time to it get shell smash and get things going. Also with the speed of 216 after a shell smash, he can't be outspeeded on tier from anything not using a scarf. And this 216 speed is assuming a Adamant nature(Not a timid nature, if was timid he can reach even futher.)He has flaws, such a 4x weak to ice, but people can use Yache Berry to live a hit and kill who tried to deny their setup. Also, Ice type attacks are not that common(Even Manectric, one of main electrics on tiers, don't use Ice attacks for coverage(It runs HP Water specifically for Camerupt)) and the best Ice-type mons are Rotom-Frost and Sneasel.

Given the critical situation, a poll will be opened up soon on Discord to decide if Torterra will be banned or not. In order to people be able to vote, he has to send a print of the Trainer card with the IGN on a chat that will be opened later, we will still give detailed instructions of how people will be able to Vote, and we will check the nick on Hall of Fame. If people has at least 1 entry, he earns the rights to vote for the Torterra's Ban and for other Tiering decisions. Grand Slam's Champion and Runner-Up bypasses this verification and can also vote, not mattering if they has 0 entrys on hall of fame, this is a rule we want to pass over the Slam editions.

Just do me a favor and don't put the bots to vote, they are not to blame for being on your discord

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone. 

As people might noticed, there is no warm-up held in a while. I'm sorry for that, I tried to schedule ,but Cosmooth didn't reply back. And Cosmooth is a human before anything, maybe happened something with him outside of screens, so i won't judge him. 
On december i won't host any warm-up. I already received an warning from previous host, @caioxlive13, that on december is not recomended to be hosted any community-hosted tours due to TT, Season Finales, and XMas event(Cosmooth recommended to him last year, according to himself). So I will follow the warning and host the remaining automated tours on January.
I know some people uses the tours on UU/NU as ways to pratice the tier, since the ladder of both are dead, and I apologize for not hosting on them.

Hello everyone.

Wow, the tournament is close to start, isn't it? Oh year, sorry, i didn't give an ETA yet there, only on urCute's discord. 
The tour may start between Febuary and March, once PSL is over or in the semifinals at best. 

As for now, i'm here to open a question: 
We have the timer rule presented on official ladder. But the tiebreaks sucks, and the rules are very in favor of slow teams. People even concerned about this in private discords(And yes, there is people besides CaoiX that doesn't agree with that rule. ) and because they're private, I won't show prints unless they give the permission on doing so. 

The question is very simple about timer rule, there is 2 options and a poll will be open up, vote on which that will be better:

• Do we keep the rule as they're in the Official Ladder(timer is over = tiebreak decide the winner)? ; or
  • If the timer is over, we ignore what system decides to be the winner, and immediatly declare the match a draw and force a redo(With both playings being able to switch teams of course)?*
    *Note: If some side has the victory certain the match can be decided by a judge, but only if is sure the victory, not probablly, and this will be analyzed case by case. Calcs and health status of the mons can be determinant factors to decide if the match was a clear victory from one side or not.
  • 2 months later...
On 12/16/2023 at 12:11 AM, PGS said:

Hello everyone.

Wow, the tournament is close to start, isn't it? Oh year, sorry, i didn't give an ETA yet there, only on urCute's discord. 
The tour may start between Febuary and March, once PSL is over or in the semifinals at best. 

Sorry for every1, this will have to start in april at least. First time i've seen PSL delay so much.