The addition of legendaries makes sense!

I've seen many people on Facebook, Twitter, Discord, YouTube, and even on Pokémmo itself complaining about the addition of legendaries.

This makes me sad; we've been waiting for this for a long time, and the developers finally added them. These people should be grateful!

So, I'm going to debunk their main argument. Their biggest argument is that legendaries are supposed to be unique, and that's why they shouldn't be implemented (as every player could have one, and after a few months, the server would be full of legendaries).

But this argument is invalid! The franchise itself suggests that legendaries are not unique. I'll use this dialogue from Pokemon Masters Ex as an example [photo below].

If you argue that this can't be considered because it's a spin-off game, then here are two legendary Dexs from the main franchise

z1bl8v7rrh491.png

20230911_003021.jpg

20230911_002951.jpg

5 hours ago, Ov3rbyte said:

It's not about lore it's about the fact they're busted
and nerfing them enough to be usable in PvP would defeat the point of them being legendary in the first place.

oddly enough they were actually talking about lore lol

On 9/11/2023 at 5:48 AM, TheCrebi said:

But this argument is invalid! The franchise itself suggests that legendaries are not unique. I'll use this dialogue from Pokemon Masters Ex as an example [photo below].

Pokemon Master is not the best example, cos it's established as a parallel universe character from different timeline 're visiting.

So there's a unique Suicune from Kris's Crystal-timeline, another in HGSS timeline and this Suicune in Pasio dimension.

You could think the same for Hoopa's ring in ORAS or UltraWormhole.

But in Let's go Pika and Evee you could catch more than one legendary bird, only Mewtwo is unique.

4 hours ago, Jgaw said:

people will always complain, however adding legendaries is a great added value to the game .. 
SHAYMIN

SUICUNE
RAIKOU

and soon ENTEI .. we will wait for the legendary birds, i can sense 'em gettin in game so sooon
❤️

Need more masterballs!

On 9/11/2023 at 7:16 AM, Ov3rbyte said:

It's not about lore it's about the fact they're busted
and nerfing them enough to be usable in PvP would defeat the point of them being legendary in the first place.

they are sooooo busted that Raikou will probably end up dropping to UU and Entei might even see NU at some point lmao. They're just slightly better Jolteon and strictly worse Arcanine, respectively.

8 hours ago, Jgaw said:

Exactly the purpose.. I ve got 5 Masterballs like everybody else but no real use of em.. Shaymin and raikou was caught by ultra and timer balls

I use my masterballs for the legends. That imo is their purpose. I'd rather catch a legendary with a masterball as oppose to a shiny. I wish Devs can implement masterballs in the shop at 1mil each or even 5mil I am certain players will buy them. Great way to reduce yen as well. 

9 hours ago, Doctor said:

they are sooooo busted that Raikou will probably end up dropping to UU and Entei might even see NU at some point lmao. They're just slightly better Jolteon and strictly worse Arcanine, respectively.

Then again, Trio mons have always been the underdogs of legendaries. Why do you think they were added in the first place?
Next you'll know is they're adding Tornadus and Thundurus

1 hour ago, Ov3rbyte said:

Then again, Trio mons have always been the underdogs of legendaries. Why do you think they were added in the first place?
Next you'll know is they're adding Tornadus and Thundurus

Why would you complain about something that they haven't done and that IF they do it's probably gonna be years from now lmao

16 hours ago, Goku said:

I use my masterballs for the legends. That imo is their purpose. I'd rather catch a legendary with a masterball as oppose to a shiny. I wish Devs can implement masterballs in the shop at 1mil each or even 5mil I am certain players will buy them. Great way to reduce yen as well. 

Zapdos, articuno, moltres WHEN ???? 120763i8yv1b1.thumb.jpg.f40935f66ce84d522213881302b0a7b4.jpg

Personally I haven't minded the legendary mons being released so far. Although I do share others concern on more broken ones being added in future updates, they seem to be treating new legendries with caution in terms of balancing. Ultimately, the relative ease in obtaining new legends does remove the feeling of uniqueness we had with them before, though I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Very curious to see what our next legendary will be!

Imho they 'd have implemented  the caught legendary & mythical as temporarily : which means they disappear from you party after a bit of time (1 hour?) because they're too powerfull and break free.

You can find again the legendary in its place after a cooldown.

So you can meet them to complete the storyline and the pokedex as in original games.  <<Many player 'd be fine with just this.

You can enjoy your legendary for a while: battle with friends, but no PVP because they 're listed as banned.

You can crush gym leaders, elite four, etc but there's no way this is an efficient mean to moneymaking, because you have to consider all the time and item (repels, pokeballs) you spent before to catch the legendary in the dungeon, so you wanna use an optimal team of regular pokemon.

The recatchable aspect may open to great enjoyment by player, like catch all legendary run, contest who catches a legendary with highest IV, try to have the most legendary in an hour and fight a friend....

I don't think this way there'd be the "problem" to see too many players going around with legendary  follower, except maybe the first week the legendary is implemented in pokemmo (which is normal)

But for people still complain, you can add an option in the menu you can't see other player legendary follower, beside yours.