Proposal to Conceal Team Member Counts in In-Game Menu

MightyMichele

Question

Hi, I am writing to discuss a potential adjustment to the in-game team menu that could positively influence the perceptions of our team among its members.

Currently, when viewing a team's menu in-game, it displays both the number of members and the maximum team size. While this information is essential for team leaders and members, it unintentionally affects how we perceive our teams, leading to potentially unfair judgments based on member count.

As the leader of a modest yet active team in PokeMMO, I have encountered an issue where our team's reputation is impacted by this displayed information. Even if our team is thriving and active, players often associate a lower member count with a lack of dedication or success.

To address this issue, I kindly request that the in-game display of team information be adjusted to hide the specific member count. Instead of showing "X members out of Y maximum," it would be more beneficial to only show the maximum team size without revealing the current member count. This change would help teams like mine maintain a positive image and remove any potential bias associated with the displayed member count.

By implementing this adjustment, teams would be judged based on their actual performance, achievements, and camaraderie, rather than a potentially misleading member count. It would also create a more equitable and fair environment for teams of all sizes.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this request.

Sincerely,

MightyMichele

14 answers to this question

If people in your team are only interested about the number of players in your team, either your team is not interesting to begin with or the people you recruit have the wrong priorities. Every major team in the game started out small. But they grew because they offered their players something interesting, whether it's a cool and interesting chat to hang around in or competitive knowledge and experience. But it must be some niche that people feel like they can get here but not in other teams, otherwise they just look elsewhere. So, I'd say you should be more focused on actually making an interesting team than trying to hide information from your players in an attempt to prevent them from leaving.

Also, anyone who has run a team that has had less players and more players knows that having more players isn't always a good thing. having a focused and interesting discussion usually happens when the number of people online is generally a little bit lower. There's also advantages for big teams but especially for friendly teams, having a smaller team can sometimes be an advantage as long as you're after the right kind of people.

I think that due to the existing permission to 'invite members'

Can make the 'existing members/maximum members' visible only to those with the' invite members' permission

In this way, it can not only solve your problem, but also facilitate those members who can invite others to join the team

Moreover, as the permission to 'invite members' can be set by the team leader

When this permission can be set to various members (captain, deputy captain, and even ordinary members), there can be more combinations, which is more free

CN

Spoiler

我觉得,由于公会现在有"邀请成员"的权限

可以使“现有成员/最大成员数”仅对具有“邀请成员”权限的用户可见

这样,不仅可以解决您的问题,还可以方便那些可以邀请其他人加入团队的成员

此外,由于“邀请成员”的权限可以由团队负责人设置

当这个权限可以设置为各种成员(队长、副队长,甚至普通成员)时,可以有更多的组合,更自由

Edited by kuuai
Of course, what I'm talking about is just an idea that can solve this problem

I'm so confused about how you think this would positively impact the feature of teams in Pokemmo all it does is make your team members not trust you enough because you want to hide information from them. I get it that having a smaller team looks bad but that just means you need to give them reasons to stay in the team. People don't stay in teams because they have high number counts. 

We stay in our teams because of the other benefits, I.E making friends, exciting conversations, team events, and having people to enjoy our experience with. All of those things can be accomplished with a team that has 20 members or less. It sounds like your players either don't have their priorities straight or feel like they aren't gaining much from the team that other teams could provide. I fully agree with @OrangeManiac. Wishing you the best with your team endeavours nonetheless!

3 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

teams would be judged based on their actual performance, achievements, and camaraderie

If this is your main goal then why not ask for an ingame public team achievement tab with a toggle off/on option. This would show your actual performance and achievements in one go. (You could also ask for a function to search teams by names/tags while you're at it. Search for team > view achievements.)

Right now there's no way to showoff all your team achievements ingame in one go. This is even more true for teams who pride themselves on metrics like the shinies/shiny hunters/high elo pvp players/official event server wins etc 

Spoiler
4 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

Hi, I am writing to discuss a potential adjustment to the in-game team menu that could positively influence the perceptions of our team among its members.

Currently, when viewing a team's menu in-game, it displays both the number of members and the maximum team size. While this information is essential for team leaders and members, it unintentionally affects how we perceive our teams, leading to potentially unfair judgments based on member count.

As the leader of a modest yet active team in PokeMMO, I have encountered an issue where our team's reputation is impacted by this displayed information. Even if our team is thriving and active, players often associate a lower member count with a lack of dedication or success.

To address this issue, I kindly request that the in-game display of team information be adjusted to hide the specific member count. Instead of showing "X members out of Y maximum," it would be more beneficial to only show the maximum team size without revealing the current member count. This change would help teams like mine maintain a positive image and remove any potential bias associated with the displayed member count.

By implementing this adjustment, teams would be judged based on their actual performance, achievements, and camaraderie, rather than a potentially misleading member count. It would also create a more equitable and fair environment for teams of all sizes.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this request.

Sincerely,

MightyMichele

pfsf1968-babies.gif.e23b17b2bff9792109deb655493ff46c.gif

Sorry for stealing your idea

1 hour ago, BrokenJoker said:

If this is your main goal then why not ask for an ingame public team achievement tab with a toggle off/on option. This would show your actual performance and achievements in one go. (You could also ask for a function to search teams by names/tags while you're at it. Search for team > view achievements.)

Right now there's no way to showoff all your team achievements ingame in one go. This is even more true for teams who pride themselves on metrics like the shinies/shiny hunters/high elo pvp players/official event server wins etc 

Reveal hidden contents

I LOVE THIS IDEA PLEASE DEVS

9 hours ago, kuuai said:

I think that due to the existing permission to 'invite members'

Can make the 'existing members/maximum members' visible only to those with the' invite members' permission

In this way, it can not only solve your problem, but also facilitate those members who can invite others to join the team

Moreover, as the permission to 'invite members' can be set by the team leader

When this permission can be set to various members (captain, deputy captain, and even ordinary members), there can be more combinations, which is more free

CN

Hide contents

我觉得,由于公会现在有"邀请成员"的权限

可以使“现有成员/最大成员数”仅对具有“邀请成员”权限的用户可见

这样,不仅可以解决您的问题,还可以方便那些可以邀请其他人加入团队的成员

此外,由于“邀请成员”的权限可以由团队负责人设置

当这个权限可以设置为各种成员(队长、副队长,甚至普通成员)时,可以有更多的组合,更自由

You are so thoughtful! Thank you for being so thoughtful! Loved this idea ❤️

8 hours ago, Poufilou said:

I lost brain cells reading this

Dear Poufilou, while I appreciate your humor and engagement with my posts, I'd also appreciate it if you could refrain from parodying or teasing my comments. Let's keep the discussions respectful and focused on the topic at hand.

6 hours ago, Zephy said:

[...] all it does is make your team members not trust you enough because you want to hide information from them. 

[...]We stay in our teams because of the other benefits, I.E making friends, exciting conversations, team events, and having people to enjoy our experience with. 

Thank you for your feedback. The idea isn't to hide information from our team members; rather, it's aimed at addressing the unintended consequences of displaying member counts.

For example, there are moments when the team reaches its member limit, and we find it necessary to remove inactive members to make space for more active ones. This situation can sometimes lead to doubts or biases among existing members, wondering why the team has suddenly reduced in size.

By the way, you rightly pointed out that team benefits such as making friends, exciting conversations, team events, and shared experiences are the core aspects that keep players engaged in teams. I couldn't agree more.

6 minutes ago, MightyMichele said:

it's aimed at addressing the unintended consequences of displaying member counts.

there isn't any, this is just all in your head to start with. If you can't get people to join your team cause they see player count despite not being a new team, just give leader to someone else and accept to step down, you're clearly not fit for it.

Edited by razimove
typo

@razimove Hi, I believe that the leadership is about adapting and making decisions that benefit the team as a whole. If a change like this can help teams represent themselves based on their merits rather than a single metric, it's something worth discussing. I believe that the leader's role includes considering such proposals in the best interest of the team and the community.

Through fostering friendships, creating a dedicated Discord group for our members, nurturing camaraderie, and sustaining months of team activity, I've had the excitement of inviting and retaining a bunch of members in our team. Additionally, we've been fortunate to welcome a content creator and old players who have generously assisted in planning engaging events for our modest team.

6 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

Reveal hidden contents

Very nice suggestion!

I would love to have a tab of team achievements! Would be excited.

On 9/30/2023 at 9:57 PM, MightyMichele said:

You are so thoughtful! Thank you for being so thoughtful! Loved this idea ❤️

Dear Poufilou, while I appreciate your humor and engagement with my posts, I'd also appreciate it if you could refrain from parodying or teasing my comments. Let's keep the discussions respectful and focused on the topic at hand.

Thank you for your feedback. The idea isn't to hide information from our team members; rather, it's aimed at addressing the unintended consequences of displaying member counts.

For example, there are moments when the team reaches its member limit, and we find it necessary to remove inactive members to make space for more active ones. This situation can sometimes lead to doubts or biases among existing members, wondering why the team has suddenly reduced in size.

By the way, you rightly pointed out that team benefits such as making friends, exciting conversations, team events, and shared experiences are the core aspects that keep players engaged in teams. I couldn't agree more.

I hope you didnt take offense to my thoughts, I just truly believe the "solution" you have in mind for your "problem" is not ideal but i still agree that the "problem" is valid. The achievements tab and also being able to search teams ingame etc would solve so many issues. Also bring team bases PLEASE devs

Hi, I am writing to discuss a potential adjustment to the in-game team menu that could positively influence the perceptions of our team ...

Proposal to Conceal Team Member Counts in In-Game Menu ... I'm so confused about how you think this would positively impact the feature of teams in Pokemmo all it ...

Schedules (like budgets, design documents, and all important documents)come slope unblocked from research and prior planning. If you write a business plan or proposal and ... Business etiquette is a type of behavior that team members are expected to follow in order to uphold the company image and respect each other.Fair Fights, Even Teams: If a player quits or disconnects before the start of a match, the match will be canceled and will not count. The ...

Edited by karalinda
2 hours ago, karalinda said:

Hi, I am writing to discuss a potential adjustment to the in-game team menu that could positively influence the perceptions of our team ...

Proposal to Conceal Team Member Counts in In-Game Menu ... I'm so confused about how you think this would positively impact the feature of teams in Pokemmo all it ...

Schedules (like budgets, design documents, and all important documents)come slope unblocked from research and prior planning. If you write a business plan or proposal and ... Business etiquette is a type of behavior that team members are expected to follow in order to uphold the company image and respect each other.Fair Fights, Even Teams: If a player quits or disconnects before the start of a match, the match will be canceled and will not count. The ...

I didn't get it 100% but thank you for your feedback and concerns.

If any new ideas or perspectives emerge, please feel free to share them.