Why no one is playing UU competitive games?

I literally can't find any player to play UU competitive games. I can easily get +10 minutes of queue waiting and find no player.

Always "No suitable match could be found for this round" . I have spent a lot of time and money to build a couple of UU teams because everybody is playing the same mons on OU and i find them pretty bored, so its very dissapointing not being able to play a single game in 1 hour of queue.

Tell me if you have the same problem with the matchmaking. ¿What should i do?

The introduction of Randoms on ladder heavily reduced the number of UU/NU games you would be able to find, but currently it's the Halloween event and usually during Event Season (Halloween/Christmas/CNY/Anniversary) players focus on grinding the event and not playing ladder - even the number of OU games are significantly reduced.

The best times to generally find games in lower tiers are during the first few weeks of the new season (happens every 3 months) or the last month when people are grinding ELO to qualify for the UU/NU East and West Seasonal Crown Tournaments.

Otherwise, I would suggest playing in official tournaments and CCs that happen fairly frequently, or wait until the event is over where more people will likely play again.

The UU and NU communities have been thinned over the past few years by the lack of objectives on ranked and the constant nonsense meta changes.
I'd say the first one and a half years of matchmaking after the release were decent in terms of finding matches, so like season 1 to 6.
As Incognition mentionned, the only time you'll find people playing a lot is in the first few weeks of a season and the 2 weeks before seasonals pretty much. 
Never expect to play ranked when PVE events are going on, I had some year where it took me 8 days to find a single game (basically the whole event) to be able to not decay

Edited by TohnR
On 11/9/2023 at 8:54 AM, Imperial said:

The introduction of Randoms on ladder heavily reduced the number of UU/NU games you would be able to find, but currently it's the Halloween event and usually during Event Season (Halloween/Christmas/CNY/Anniversary) players focus on grinding the event and not playing ladder - even the number of OU games are significantly reduced.

The best times to generally find games in lower tiers are during the first few weeks of the new season (happens every 3 months) or the last month when people are grinding ELO to qualify for the UU/NU East and West Seasonal Crown Tournaments.

Otherwise, I would suggest playing in official tournaments and CCs that happen fairly frequently, or wait until the event is over where more people will likely play again.

That's a good analysis, u are right. I'm a bit worried of the CCs and official tournaments player level, but i guess thats the way to learn.

RN im training against those shitty OU teams.

TY for ur reply

On 11/9/2023 at 11:18 AM, TohnR said:

The UU and NU communities have been thinned over the past few years by the lack of objectives on ranked and the constant nonsense meta changes.
I'd say the first one and a half years of matchmaking after the release were decent in terms of finding matches, so like season 1 to 6.
As Incognition mentionned, the only time you'll find people playing a lot is in the first few weeks of a season and the 2 weeks before seasonals pretty much. 
Never expect to play ranked when PVE events are going on, I had some year where it took me 8 days to find a single game (basically the whole event) to be able to not decay

Painfull to know what is going on, i hope the few UU players remaining can maintain the community alive.

There was external factors but the major problem is what destroy the metagaming the most, that are the tier is historically slower than any other. UU metagaming are so slow that even the said balanceds, are so fat that they easily hit the timer limit. Even without regens there, the 1h limit ghost already scared people to try the tier. 

This makes the UU tier less played in comparison to NU and Doubles. Yes, NU is more played than UU.

The justification of @Imperial is excellent, but a bit incomplete, it justify pretty well why lower tiers are played less than OU and Randoms. But it doesn't explain why UU usually has smaller number of games in comparision with other lower tiers/other formats, such as NU and Doubles.

Edited by caioxlive13