Petition to lower Name Change Contract & Makeover Kit price.

shinyturd

Question

16 answers to this question

Eh, I'm with OP on this one. Changing one's basic appearance (built in hairstyles, basic colors, etc) is such a basic and free feature in most (good) games. Having the feature locked behind a donate-able item frankly kind of sucks, and just reeks of poor monetization, and something players are desensitized to because "it's always been this way".

8 hours ago, Raichuforyou said:

Eh, I'm with OP on this one. Changing one's basic appearance (built in hairstyles, basic colors, etc) is such a basic and free feature in most (good) games. Having the feature locked behind a donate-able item frankly kind of sucks, and just reeks of poor monetization, and something players are desensitized to because "it's always been this way".

However you are giving free leeway to the scammers to shift skins.

I believe that's nonsense tbh,for two reasons:

1) A player with couple of millions or a player with lots of vanities or namecontracts will be able to scam easily in that logic.
2) Devs have lots of tools to identify and punish a scammer.

Imo name shouldn't really change that much, so take what I said about name cotracts with a grain of salt. But appearance should be easier to change. Pokemmo has a variety of new original NPCs (the black hat captain, the shiny guy that gives pearls, the red hair professor etc), so I believe they should add like a barber or some short, or someone who changes your eye color. You make for example a character with blue eyes, and you want to turn them to green, or you wanna get rid of you beard because you decided it looks stupid. It's a real shame you have to pay like 1,3mil just to change that.

Also the argument of creating a new character is kinda stupid. I mean, yeah you could, and personally I've done it several times. But the price you pay is to reach the same progress as your other account, all while you could be investing and gym running, it is just not worth the hassle.

9 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

Raichu is former staff, pretty sure he knows what he's talking about

We can't say that especially some scammers can even go further beyond.

Take note, for example, the collateral damage of [hypeRlink MinuTe blocked] money that affected other people unwittingly got from random trades.

Edited by Gengarcello
1 minute ago, Gengarcello said:

We can't say that especially some scammers can even go further beyond.

Take note, for example, the collateral damage of [hypeRlink MinuTe blocked] money that affected other people unwittingly got from random trades.

Without going too much into detail, I can say from confidence that staff has the tools to hold anyone accountable trying to scam others around, and free name changes would probably be actually meaningless. I'm not sure if it's still the same, but any forms of scamming or real money trading are pretty much an instant ban.

This is a weird hill to die on.

42 minutes ago, Raichuforyou said:

Without going too much into detail, I can say from confidence that staff has the tools to hold anyone accountable trying to scam others around, and free name changes would probably be actually meaningless. I'm not sure if it's still the same, but any forms of scamming or real money trading are pretty much an instant ban.

This is a weird hill to die on.

That is why changing names for free is literally a clown moment.

Not until if you want this change cooldown for 90 days (like Facebook does)

20 hours ago, ChihuahuanRaven said:

I feel like we are missing the bigger picture. Shouldn't they have all the hairstyles (not just afro and windswept) available for purchase? And how does one purchase new shoes??? These are all things locked behind makeover kits at the moment.

Hell, you can even have a stylist NPC in each region to buy all the hairstyles. Clothing NPCs for new shirts and whatnot, I  just feel like there are so many faucets for this idea that can be implemented with fair ease. Would love to see more customization settings that are more readily available for players ^^