Shiny Check Removed

It’s been 5 days an still no

official responses. Again if this was losing pokemmo money this would’ve been resolved. Think long and hard before purchasing donator status. They clearly don’t care if you lose your shiny. They can’t even respond to threads asking for clarification.

Edited by prdl

The shiny warning is a QOL feature, not essential. The devs are probably lumping the fix into an upcoming balance fix for the event, which is what normally happens during events. If you're a normal player who pays attention while playing this is unlikely to affect you. I'm sure if you were running a bot that relied on the check, this would be very annoying, though 🙂

36 minutes ago, Damian said:

The shiny warning is a QOL feature, not essential. The devs are probably lumping the fix into an upcoming balance fix for the event, which is what normally happens during events. If you're a normal player who pays attention while playing this is unlikely to affect you. I'm sure if you were running a bot that relied on the check, this would be very annoying, though 🙂

removing QOL features and not making notes about it is unfair to the player base. We shouldn't be tasked with figuring out what features are removed or not. Also I don't quite understand your point about being a "normal player"? Seems you know something I don't or this was meant as a personal shot at me. Care to elaborate @Damian

57 minutes ago, Damian said:

I've said less insults/jabs like the one you just wrote and I've been warned for derailing by you before.
What a weird comment to make.

I've heard from alot of casual and hardcore players of them accidentally killing or running from shinies recently, It's such a horrible feeling.
With the QoL feature bugged/broken I'm surprised this post doesn't have more of a following atm.
It's been brought up alot in discords.
I guess it's better talking there than getting accused of using a bot from ex staff.

Edited by OfficialDarku
more analogy/explanation

That's a hard assumption right there. I lose a shiny yesterday because I'm used to shunting while watching movies so does that makes me a bot too?. Also most of the people that actually plays PvE are shunters claiming that's not an essential part of the game feels pretty wrong. Do we need to use third party mods to make sure we don't miss some shiny that barely changes from their original form then? I thought that was the original purpose of the warning itself. Don't get me wrong I ain't trying to be rude I just feel this was unnecessary on so many levels and if that's the staff statement about this issue then I'm a bit disappointed.

Also we know there's always some bugs an patches on every event l, that's pretty normal overall but I think we all can agree on the lack of communication we had with the dev team. This situation has been the same for a while now and some players are just tired of being basically beta testers on some events (and we better don't talk about how the last couple events were actually pretty meh for the whole community). If we can't event post our issues and concerns without getting a passive-aggressive response then what's the point of offering us a space to do so

@Damian Hi, 'normal' player here 👋

As a normal player id like to point out that us normal players usually watch videos and anime while shunting for hours. 

And even if we don't watch anything it's pretty hard to pay attention for 5+ hours for a slightly different colored pokemon in a group of five sometimes.

I agree that this feature is not essential, and it is a gift for the players, but, since you've already added it, and your player base rely on it, why not officially tell them it's not working? 

I mean it's just another line you can add to the description of the update. The moment you put this feature in the game, us normal players got used to it, and we did rely on it, and I'm just super glad I got to learn about it from a discord channel I'm in, and pretty much disappointed that it wasn't an official statement. I feel sorry for all those who are going to lose a shiny because they never knew the feature was removed/bugged.

I typically find shinies while EV training, so I’m not entirely paying attention when I find one. It’s still a nice feature to have and I’m grateful for its implementation. It would be nice to let the player base know a QoL feature is not working as intended. That being said, the passive aggressive comment above definitely shows a disconnect to the community, and I’m not exactly sure what was trying to be accomplished by it.

Edited by MamaWally

image.thumb.png.0fe3f4a67f7ef69eb88e8670518de8a1.png

Not even a mention of it in the new bug fixes. Sorry for being paranoid but given the lack of communication it starts to feel like one of those things that gets intentionally disabled to prevent botting and they don't mention to avoid backlash. Hope I'm terribly wrong, though. And as always feel free to laugh at me if I am.

1 minute ago, Doctor said:

Not even a mention of it in the new bug fixes. Sorry for being paranoid but given the lack of communication it starts to feel like one of those things that gets intentionally disabled to prevent botting and they don't mention to avoid backlash. Hope I'm terribly wrong, though. And as always feel free to laugh at me if I am.

Just got done reading this and was about to add to this post thanks!
Really hoping we get some clarification soon.

Just now, Doctor said:

You know what's funny? If there's a way to detect a shiny using some mods then they can just replicate it into their scripts with almost no issues at all. I think that's how some GTL bots works too (and guess what they just got a big improvement with templates this time). And they better don't tell me there's no GTL bots because this has been addressed too many times already by the whole community 

guys check the post again, Kyu just updated it mentioning the shiny warning

6 minutes ago, Doctor said:

7 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Hello forums I am your official clown for tonight

Edited by Doctor
I promised people they could laugh at me
39 minutes ago, MamaWally said:

I’m not exactly sure what was trying to be accomplished by it.

a lot of people like to feel that they have an superior edge on skill or ethics.

"either you're totally senseless or you're a botter, damn I got this one cornered I'm so flex"

back when sinnoh first dropped, I wanted a shiny gabite so bad.

I sweet scented 16 hours a day for 7 days since covid-19 just broke out and I had nothing else to do.

I ran away from 2 shiny floatzels and one shiny gabite. cursed my unawareness, and made a suggestion on forums "make it impossible to run away from shinies" motivated by depression.

all those comments about how people should pay attention, that running away from shinies is part of the sHiNY maRKeT...

and some time later shiny checks come out and the same guys are like OMG the devs are so considerate, wE nEEdED tHIs sO bAD, such a better quality of life, praise the heavens lmao

Gonna take this time to say if you have a problem complaining is the only way to get things done clearly.

Cheers we can shiny hunt again like "normal" people @Damian

• Fixed an issue where warning prompts would not display when attempting to flee from Shiny encounters.

Just remember this post went 5 days with no word from not one active staff member and it wasn't till you voiced yourself things changed.

2 minutes ago, prdl said:

Gonna take this time to say if you have a problem complaining is the only way to get things done clearly.

Cheers we can shiny hunt again like "normal" people @Damian

• Fixed an issue where warning prompts would not display when attempting to flee from Shiny encounters.

Just remember this post went 5 days with no word from not one active staff member and it wasn't till you voiced yourself things changed.

And until I posted about it it wasn't even edited into the original post so there's that as well