[Feedback] Raid and Matchmaking system

01bd4be4-9249-42f4-9e1d-445f5e629d92_pokemon_sword_shield_mewtwo-1536x864.thumb.jpg.89354588d6a26fc9d9e41cb48dd0e436.jpg

Hello everyone,

I'm creating this topic because I think it would be beneficial to collect player feedback on the new Raid feature now available.

First of all, I would like to thank the developer team on behalf of the PokeMMO community.
The Raid feature has been very interesting so far and it opens the door to new opportunities for teamwork, earning rewards as well as a new market for items and high level Pokémon.

This topic aims to collect community feedback on the Raid and Matchmaking system in order to help the developer team adjust this long-awaited feature over time.

Share your thoughts now!
Thanks for reading.

Topics posted by players previously to this thread (contains developer comments*).

Edited by Zuladra

I would like to start with a suggestion regarding the Matchmaking system.

What do you think about implementing an ELO and Winrate system similar to that of PvP?

The positive:

- Each player will have to find out a minimum about the specifics of the raid and think about their team if they do not want to see their score impacted

- This would reduce the chances of encountering uninvolved players who disconnect halfway or don't participate in implementing a strategy

- This would give players an extra reason to beat a difficult Raid with the implementation of a leaderboard

- Solo players could therefore carry out a Raid with players with similar ELO and they could queue up in Ranked or Casual

The negative:

- It seems difficult to judge the performance of each player within a team

- This system could undoubtedly demotivate certain players to attempt the raid

1 hour ago, Zuladra said:

- Solo players could therefore carry out a Raid with players with similar ELO and they could queue up in Ranked or Casual

This would mean that low win%/"elo" players would get matched with other low win% players, probably lowering their elo even more.

While cool, i dont think system like elo can be applied to raids

1 hour ago, Bertolfoso said:

This would mean that low win%/"elo" players would get matched with other low win% players, probably lowering their elo even more.

Yes, you are right, I hadn't thought about this negative point.

Perhaps a leaderboard similar to the Abundant Shrine event could be interesting as it would provide an additional end-game goal. However, Raids would need to be updated regularly to keep them competitive, which would surely be too much work for the developers.

5 hours ago, Bertolfoso said:

Losers Queue is a hellhole you dont want

After the post i made i kinda inproved  my opinion on the topic about Afk and "bad players" at the end of the day everyone begins from something so players with story mons or bad team comp is "kinda" understandable, the ranking/rating system is kinda bad since It will make the lower tier a living hell impossible to get out (see bronze rank from LoL), so the main focuses are helping players with the knowledge of what it is a raid it's rules and it's anti cheese mechanism, maybe a rule tab and a pop up warning if the player hasn't maxed their ev spreads so that it can avoid loosing, as for the afk players there is implemented a feature but it just doesnt work so i guess in the next update it will be fixed.