[Implemented] EV training ideas

^ What he said.

I don't think anyone buys vitamins ever.

They needn't come free but at least like. Something that is only overpriced, rather than not even worth giving a thought.

Man, if I could get 10k from beating five pidgeys.

This might have already ben suggested, but how bout you just scale down the price of vitamins to make it more affordable? Like when i use to fight the island 5 cicks b4 the nerf i would get enough money for 10 vitamins. Scale down the prices to match what you scaled down the NPC rewards they will be affordable, make ev training easy, and become a good money sink.

This might have already ben suggested, but how bout you just scale down the price of vitamins to make it more affordable? Like when i use to fight the island 5 cicks b4 the nerf i would get enough money for 10 vitamins. Scale down the prices to match what you scaled down the NPC rewards they will be affordable, make ev training easy, and become a good money sink.

The prices of the vitamins may be assessed at a later date.

However if they are, don't expect them to be as easy to obtain as they were before the economy fix - more affordable however, yes.

However if they are, don't expect them to be as easy to obtain as they were before the economy fix - more affordable however, yes.

Oh okay, if you just make them as affordable, or only slightly less affordable than what they were b4, EV training will go bak to exactly the way it was. If thats not what you want however then its not really necessary.

Any word on revamping the actual EV gameplay mechanics?

Inb4 its a bigger pain in the ass than it already is. Unless thay substantially cut back the time it takes to EV a poke i much prefer mindless grinding. But if i could completely ev a poke in like 15 min in a way that requires more involved game play then that would be a superior method imo. 

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe devs should turn E4 into an EV grind- it limits how fast people can churn out comps and could be modified so that a pokemon is EV trained in a few runs through. 

1. At the beginning, the person will ask which kind of EV's will be awarded through the elite four

2. Every pokemon in the elite four will award X number of EV points of the type selected by the player, abiding by the same mechanics as normal EV's - so players get a big bonus if they use non-EV'd Pokemon with macho brace to beat the elite four

3. The player can then use experience shares to spread evs to one or more pokemon in the party

Yeah, idk, just throwing stuff out there because current EV training is soooooo tedious

• 2 weeks later...

Play Hip-Hop and Rock songs.End up EV training your as well as other's pokemon.

I do not think any changes should be made to the current system,People are just too lazy and love to bitch.

yo talk to me about how much you like EV training after you get to 1000 in game hrs

defending bad gameplay by saying that "it's fine if you do something to take your mind off it" is just as damning as calling it what it is - boring

yo talk to me about how much you like EV training after you get to 1000 in game hrs

defending bad gameplay by saying that "it's fine if you do something to take your mind off it" is just as damning as calling it what it is - boring

Implying all you did was EV train in those 1k hours.Me on the other hand have spend all my hours on this account EV training and also everything that came to Akshit's Daycare was EV'd by me.

So yes I talk about how much I like EV training but yes your point is right too,I do need songs to take off my mind from it.

Most games provide fun while playing the game itself but in this I need other distractions to keep me entertained,I think that is a big negative,maybe EV system change will be a step to undo that,I do not know.

I get you guys' point now.

What would be interesting is if you did make them somewhat easy to obtain, but put a cap on the number you could obtain every day (this might have to include making vitamins untradeable via player to player)... just a thought.

I got almost 1700 ingame hours and I still enjoy evtrain but I'm a sick pervert that enjoys things other people hate so I guess you shouldn't mind me

Whatever you do, dont lower the max IV's a poke can have (252 -> 126) not everyone maxes the stats and it would be annoying to deal with when doing custom ev spreads, such as 16/200/120/172 ttar, it would be a lot simpler to just double the EV's you get with the EXACT SAME result, without confusing new players / people bad at math.

Whatever you do, dont lower the max IV's a poke can have (252 -> 126) not everyone maxes the stats and it would be annoying to deal with when doing custom ev spreads, such as 16/200/120/172 ttar, it would be a lot simpler to just double the EV's you get with the EXACT SAME result, without confusing new players / people bad at math.

8/100/60/86. Dat math, too hard. Smogon set, too pro.

Just make vitamins untradeable and only work on OT pokemon, it would make it slightly easier to ev train your own pokes. BOOM GENIUS

Why would you do this? Why would vitamin trading be a problem? Hell if anything id say they should let us buy as many vitamins as we want and use as many as we need on a poke. Even back b4 the money nerf vitamins were kinda expensive so if they lowered the price to reflect the nerf they would still be a luxury item that not everyone can afford. If you let us use 25 of these on our poke then it becomes a bigger money sink and money becomes more valuable bc there will be something else to do with it.