[Denied]"Wild Caught Pokemon Only" Option for T-Mode Duels

I like the game as it is, but you know how there's a section of the community that says CatchMMO was more fun:

2lj18h5.png

What do you you think? tumblr_inline_mo11aeyCxB1qz4rgp.gif I think some people would like it. It would let us have an appreciation for wild pokes as well as breed ones. Right now, wild caught pokes don't serve much of a function.

Okay, I'm not pushing hard on this one, so it's gotta be all you guys if you want it show your support. It just crossed my mind so I posted it (after searching). Good luck, cheers. tumblr_inline_mo11akDOIn1qz4rgp.gif

I like the game as it is, but you know how there's a section of the community that says CatchMMO was more fun:

2lj18h5.png

What do you you think? tumblr_inline_mo11aeyCxB1qz4rgp.gif I think some people would like it. It would let us have an appreciation for wild pokes as well as breed ones. Right now, wild caught pokes don't serve much of a function.

Okay, I'm not pushing hard on this one, so it's gotta be all you guys if you want it show your support. It just crossed my mind so I posted it (after searching). Good luck, cheers. tumblr_inline_mo11akDOIn1qz4rgp.gif

This is a great option! But, keep in mind, it is hard for staff to code such a thing, but with enough good comments about this may bring this to a staff member's attention.

[spoiler]If staff trash your thread, maybe this may be too much work on top of Hoenn, updates, and hats (Staff do a lot of work), like I said, good comments may be the support you need. It may not look like much, but it takes a lot for coding, AI Intelligence, and Pixel art to be made[/spoiler]

I think that players who weren't around during the CatchMMO days (such as myself), as well as old PokeMMO players, would really enjoy an option like this to add a unique and interesting new play style to the game. Also, if this were to eventually be added as a battle mode, it would make hosting unofficial events and such based off the concept much easier to hold and participate in.

The only problem I can see is that with the developers currently focusing all of their efforts on finishing Hoenn before the end of the year, it could take quite some time for the addition of this new mode to come to fruition.

pretty damn good gimmick tourney if you ask me, wouldnt consider it a gimmick IMO

i support tho catchmmo sounds nice to have again

Im only calling it a gimmick because it isnt standard. Adding this would be like adding a clefairy cup mode or something like that. As a 2012'er I can understand the want for it, but I dont think it warrants its own battle mode and I dont think trying to revert our meta is a good idea. which I feel is what something like this leads to being suggested. Breeding changed the game for the negative in a few ways but more so for the better. We need more pokemon and better mechanics, breeding wasnt ever the problem. 

Im only calling it a gimmick because it isnt standard. Adding this would be like adding a clefairy cup mode or something like that. As a 2012'er I can understand the want for it, but I dont think it warrants its own battle mode and I dont think trying to revert our meta is a good idea. which I feel is what something like this leads to being suggested. Breeding changed the game for the negative in a few ways but more so for the better. We need more pokemon and better mechanics, breeding wasnt ever the problem.

The addition of this battle mode would not "revert the meta" to back before breeding lol. It would simply give players another fun and satisfying niche of gameplay to partake in.

I didnt say it would, go re-read. Im saying it might prompt people to suggest that we should

Oh no, I read it correctly the first time. What you did was make an absolute statement in one sentence, then attempt to support your claim in the preceding one. Nowhere in those two sentences did you explicitly state "prompt people"; you simply included your own personal opinions. With this being said, I then concluded that what you wrote inferred (based off your own personal opinions since no other people were mentioned) how the meta would in fact revert due to this game mode being implemented, and that conclusion lead me to construct my counter-argument, blah blah blah. Anyway, it has a 0% chance of even slightly affecting the current meta- let's make that clear.

• 2 weeks later...

It may not look like much, but it takes a lot for coding, AI Intelligence, and Pixel art to be made

Wait...what...Uhm, AI for what?...It's a duel addition, i hardly see any relation to big time AI changes...Yeah, it might be a long code, but i don't see how AI and Pixel Art are in the way of making this

Either way, great idea, support \o/

I fully support this. I could finally use my Poseidon without feeling like it is sub par than everyone's breeded godlies.

[spoiler]Poseidon being my caught Kingdra Modest Male 29/29/27/29/31/30[/spoiler]

edit: ofc raindance still banned >.>

I'd rather make it a clickable clause for tournament mode duels than another battle mode. anyway thats a pretty nice idea, +1

I thought the same before. It should just be a check box down there with the clauses "Wild Pokemon Only" or something, rather than a new battle mode.