32 Players
Unlimited Reserves
6v6 Tournament

Single Battle
Level 50

Date + Time:
Date: Saturday 24th January
Time: 4:00 PM EST | 1:00 PM PST | 9:00 PM GMT

Registration will open 10 minutes prior to the tournament. You may only register one person per forum account. I will post the bracket in this thread after roll call in game.

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Time/Self KO
List of Clauses and what they mean

Banned Moves: Torment, Baton Pass

Banned Pokemon:

Tyranitar

Wobbuffet

Salamence

Prize:
1st: 8 x PP Max + 5 x Everstone

2nd: 500 RP

If you are on the bracket for this tournament and cannot attend please send me a PM, or post in the thread letting me know you cannot make it, this lessens the time it takes for signs ups the day of the tournament. Thanks in advance.

Notes: 

• You may AFK Timeout your opponent as soon as the AFK timeout button appears. 
  • Disconnecting during a match will result in a DQ.
  • Do not block your opponents, or the Staff running the Event. If there is evidence of this and disregarding staff requesting you to unblock said individuals you will be DQ'd.  
  • Tournament Mode must be used for all duels.
  • Once your match is called you will have 10 minutes to report to the table. No time extensions will be given.

To be honest, for a Standard tourney this looks a little low, i've been buying everstones for 40K each, PP Max for 50K so in the end a more or less 600K prize doesn't look much appealing, to me at least.

Anyway, happy to see lots of officials around

EDIT: Also, don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining about the lack of shiny prize, i like the fact that this time around the prize is actually usefull

Edited by londar

I like the idea of the prize, but I think the value should at least match a mid-tier shiny. Standards are generally regarded as a true test of skill in the competitive environment, so why would a standard get a 600k prize when a gimmick rountinely gives 10m+? Hell, even the oceanic prize was about 5m worth.

I would fucking love winning a tourney and getting even 2m worth of breeding supplies. but 600k is too low imo

Ill be skipping this one.

wtf just happened with you two? For as long as I remember LYLE players were playing for glory and not prizes.
I would honestly play myself but 24th January is my mom's bday and for like 90% I won't make it, good luck though to anyone who will participate :)

wtf just happened with you two? For as long as I remember LYLE players were playing for glory and not prizes.
I would honestly play myself but 24th January is my mom's bday and for like 90% I won't make it, good luck though to anyone who will participate :)

I dont need glory, I need cash. Glory doesnt make me richer.

=) Thank you forf brah, it's a good reminder on why we play this game. Unfortunately though, with my schedule I don't get the opportunity to play in many of these and the financial limitations are beyond difficult. While I do want to win, putting myself into a position to win costs money. Money I don't have. Thus the necessity for a beneficial prize has become more imminent on my decisions of when to sacrifice important study time to an official that will cost me about 200k in yen and 4-5 hours of time.

On the prize itself, I would recommend a small bump. Giving out items is a really great idea with the number of officials available now, but this prize does seem a little bit small.

This may be out of place, but I have a small recommendation. Host one weekly standard with a quality Shiny Prize (5+ value) and the other tournaments throughout the week should have prizes worth about 500k (10 everstones + 10 PP Ups for 1st and 2nd respectively). Once the other tiers are established we can go back to lower tier shiny prizes for each standard. Prizes for gimmicks can be established on difficult, commitment time, and the host.