What Pokemon suck because of split?

Scyther, with no STAB Bug move and lack of 70 BP HP Flying. LF Technician.

Muk, with Shadow Ball being special, Sludge bomb being special, is left only with physical elepunches and some shitty witty weak ass moves. LF Gunk Shot

Fearow, which now will get walled hard by any steel or even rock type without it's access to Physical HP Ground. LF Drill Run

This is as much as I can think of right now, PokeMMO does not allow me to log in so I can't say more, needa peek into my boxes

E:

k more inbound

Electabuzz's loss of special elepunches hurt a lot

Flareon's loss of physical shadow ball dents it insanely

Hitmontop has now nothing viable to hurt ghost types aside of Rock Slide

RIP HP Bug/ Signal Beam Forretress; left totally without any viable STAB moves

Yanma loses a !@#$%^ with special Shadow ball and Signal Beam

Slaking is only left with Faint Attack to hit the Ghost types

RIP in pieces Tauros- now cannot hit ghost types at all .-D (inb4 rock tomb argument)

e buzz still has a great moveset thou.

top also got fake out so doubles viability goes up

slak has pursuit

wait the split happened

negged

stuff

dusklops lost phsyical shadowball but cm set more viable now.

phsyical weez sucks but spec set which is better anyways is even better now.

cb claydol was always a gimick but now it's not even that. spec/cm vrs got a boost thou.

cm everything got a boost with shadowball/signal beam and spec hp fight, ground, ect....

zam lost e punches but sball/signal beam + physical hp fight makes up for it

machamp loosing hp ghost hurt but e punches let it do major damage to many more threats.

scizor/scythers best bug move left is furry cutter.

breloom took a hit lossing hp ghost.

crobat rip o7

hariyama lost ghost but epunches more then make up for it

doom got hit hard by phsy crunch

kingdra with it's only weakness being dragon got hit somewhat hard by the viability of phsyical dragon moves

ghost/psychic in general got hit hard by phsyical pursuit

curse king got hit semi hard by spec s ball but wall king with slak off + spec moves and maybe EQ is actually viable now as a wall so overall plus

linoone is crying over hp ground/sball

absol got hit mildy hard by loosing s ball with bite being its best dark attack. still has megahorn thou.

banette ;-;

flare's sball rip o7

fort is pure wall now. rip cb set

giraf got hit mildy hard by the death of sball and the rise of crunch. lost it's nitch.

hitmonlee lost hp ghost but blaze kick is so much better

hitmonchan lost hp ghost but epunches are so much better

hypno switched f punches and sball so phsy set less well equiped to deal with ghost/psychic's and spec set can hit steels.

mime lost e punches but only really ran them for steel types

nidoking lost s bomb for cb set but had no buissness running it to begin wit with so many better options and gained e punches.

pinsir cries about hp bug but w/e

qwilfish SD set lost sbomb but waterfall more then makes up for it.

more stuff later when im bored

machamp loosing hp ghost hurt but e punches let it do major damage to many more threats.

hariyama lost ghost but epunches more then make up for it

kingdra with it's only weakness being dragon got hit somewhat hard by the viability of phsyical dragon moves

giraf got hit mildy hard by the death of sball and the rise of crunch. lost it's nitch.

Don't really agree with Machamp and Hariyama ( and Hitmons )...Hp Ghost was actually quite important in the rispective tier to hit thing like Dusclops in OU, even Gengar, unless it's Hasty isn't Ohko by E Punch...In UU Grumpig eats well everything forcing Hitmons to run a Normal Attack to get a shoot at 2hko with a CB, but then, MissD.....plus there is Hypno as well...In the end they got more coverage to hit some specific counters in the old meta, but lost an essential one to be able to hit SE things that can retaliate them quite hard

Kingdra got buffed a lot, really nice bulk and only one weakness, Dragon Dance and Physical Waterfall + Outrage with Flail as an option as well....

Special STAB Hyper Voice tho

Don't really agree with Machamp and Hariyama ( and Hitmons )...Hp Ghost was actually quite important in the rispective tier to hit thing like Dusclops in OU, even Gengar, unless it's Hasty isn't Ohko by E Punch...In UU Grumpig eats well everything forcing Hitmons to run a Normal Attack to get a shoot at 2hko with a CB, but then, MissD.....plus there is Hypno as well...In the end they got more coverage to hit some specific counters in the old meta, but lost an essential one to be able to hit SE things that can retaliate them quite hard

Kingdra got buffed a lot, really nice bulk and only one weakness, Dragon Dance and Physical Waterfall + Outrage with Flail as an option as well....

Special STAB Hyper Voice tho

The split also adds really strong, consistent pursuit trappers, meaning that losing the ability to hit Ghosts doesn't matter as much as you make it seem, as being able to just trap these things makes it a lot easier for these pokes to spam their powerful fighting STABs.

True, but in the end that means they will need other pokemon to support them, as much as "easy" support in some cases, while, in a global prospective it may not look like a nerf, in a single pokemon prospective the nerf is there, and it's not light ( i may or may not be saying this while looking and crying at my 3 Hidden Power Ghost Hitmons in my Box )

• 3 months later...

lol -.- Alakazam just got stronger by the update... -.- Encore/CM/Psyhic/Signalbeam

what about shadowball instead of signal beam?

wouldn't it be better?

Looking at our current ou meta, shadow ball seems more convenient (slightly higher bp aside).

It allows you to hit super effectively both metagross and dusclops (which would otherwise completely stop you), while signal beam hits harder ludicolo and...dunno.

For the rest, they're kinda similiar.

Didn't consider encore though, i might want to pick that instead of recover.

what about shadowball instead of signal beam?

wouldn't it be better?

Looking at our current ou meta, shadow ball seems more convenient (slightly higher bp aside).

It allows you to hit super effectively both metagross and dusclops (which would otherwise completely stop you), while signal beam hits harder ludicolo and...dunno.

For the rest, they're kinda similiar.

Didn't consider encore though, i might want to pick that instead of recover.

signal beam is for umbreon, which especially w/o lax is pretty important if u wanna run zam nowadays

Stell resist Ghost, SB is neutral on Metagross

I thought the same, mr i don't quote.

Then i've been told steel only resists sb ball since gen...5 or 6, so it is super effective.

I swear i can remember using shadow ball against metagross and hitting it neutrally, so it might be as you say

I thought the same, mr i don't quote.

Then i've been told steel only resists sb ball since gen...5 or 6, so it is super effective.

I swear i can remember using shadow ball against metagross and hitting it neutrally, so it might be as you say

it's actually the opposite - I believe when fairy typing came out, steel lost its resist to both dark and ghost

• 3 weeks later...

There's a few Pokemon in my boxes I realized weren't even worth using anymore lol.

One being special houndoom. It lost crunch AND pursuit.
However mixed houndoom with endursal didn't lose out as much.

Alakazam can really only run psychic / shadow ball / hidden power so that kinda sucks but he's still fast and strong so yolo.

I've seen people mostly talking about what's good/op now but I think it's fun to point out some things that suck now (at least for ou)

On a side note it'd be cool to see a few basic gen 4 moves that are just damage moves like x-scissor and dark pulse etc

Probably HP Ground Fearow. Fearow can learn steel wing, but the bird just isn't the same.... Fearow.gif

Muk also suffered because sludge bomb is no longer offensive.... 89.gif

I am sure there are others that offered. Scizor did suffer a little due to silver wind no longer being offensive, but Scizor is still a decent comp to have. 212.gif

Probably HP Ground Fearow. Fearow can learn steel wing, but the bird just isn't the same.... Fearow.gif

Muk also suffered because sludge bomb is no longer offensive.... 89.gif

I am sure there are others that offered. Scizor did suffer a little due to silver wind no longer being offensive, but Scizor is still a decent comp to have. 212.gif

Scizor gained pursuit lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.