Preliminary NU Tier

explain pls

It's a godamn wind chime with a bell on its head. Does it need any further explanation?

[spoiler]Ok, maybe B rank[spoiler]Good cleric in a tier that lacks good clerics, decent calm mind user, access to recover and wish[spoiler]actually, still S rank doe[spoiler]not srs[spoiler]but srs[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

It's a godamn wind chime with a bell on its head. Does it need any further explanation?

[spoiler]Ok, maybe B rank[spoiler]Good cleric in a tier that lacks good clerics, decent calm mind user, access to recover and wish[spoiler]actually, still S rank doe[spoiler]not srs[spoiler]but srs[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

acces to wish if you spend 25.000 battlepoints in a gardevoir

[spoiler] still fantastic movepool and good cleric/support[/spoiler]

Good cleric in a tier that lacks good clerics, decent calm mind user, access to recover and wish

I don't think the tier lacks good cleric. Lapras, Ampharos and Grumpig are gr8 clerics.

I would also personally even consider Mightyena as a potential cleric:

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Sharpedo Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mightyena: 58-69 (32.7 - 38.9%) -- 5.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

The issue with most of the clerics in the tier is that they lack the ability to recover (exceptions togetic/lickitung/chimecho/ maybe is missed some).

But unlike other tiers, NU got a decent amount of wish passer so the lack of recovery should not make a cleric unviable.

• 2 weeks later...

lf quickban on zangoose

swords dance + iron tail + low kick + return isnt stopped by anything

if shuckle + aggron + armaldo + golem die to zangoose there is a problem

Have you tried countering it with an endure salac Zangoose?

[spoiler]on a serious note, I agree Zangoose is kind of OP[/spoiler]

Have you tried countering it with an endure salac Zangoose?

[spoiler]on a serious note, I agree Zangoose is kind of OP[/spoiler]

well my sharpedo died to a +2 quick attack zangoose today

so its possible that it has qa ( if srs )

Edited by DestructX

lf quickban on zangoose

swords dance + iron tail + low kick + return isnt stopped by anything

if shuckle + aggron + armaldo + golem die to zangoose there is a problem

This needs to be done asap, as destruct stated , it basically is linoone in uu.

but isnt limited to the espeed sitrus set

Edited by TJXD

This needs to be done asap, as destruct stated , it basically is linoone in uu.

but isnt limited to the espeed sitrus set

Let's not compare the two, because while Zangoose sweeps with +2 Return after 1 turn of setup, Linoone sweeps with +6 Extremespeed after 1 turn of setup.

As mentioned earlier, Zangoose is frail, and the Swords Dance set is punished by faster pokemon, and prone to revenge killing if taken damage while setting up.

Is it a huge threat? Yeah. But does it go to +2 without taking heavy damage? Quite unlikely. We have yet to see if it is banworthy under Offensive characteristics, or if teams are just ill prepared for swords dancers generally.

well i run hasty sharpedo cause im bad and poor

Nah, hasty is a good nature if you want a good chance to dent tangela with an ice beam on the switch in.

Let's not compare the two, because while Zangoose sweeps with +2 Return after 1 turn of setup, Linoone sweeps with +6 Extremespeed after 1 turn of setup.

As mentioned earlier, Zangoose is frail, and the Swords Dance set is punished by faster pokemon, and prone to revenge killing if taken damage while setting up.

Is it a huge threat? Yeah. But does it go to +2 without taking heavy damage? Quite unlikely. We have yet to see if it is banworthy under Offensive characteristics, or if teams are just ill prepared for swords dancers generally.

I dunno Keith, I feel like people are underestimating Zangoose's bulk. Giga drain from things like tangela are like a 3hko. About the faster pokemon, with QA a lot of faster pokemon take massive damage in the process or could even die. Of course it definitely loses coverage if you choose to sack iron tail/low kick, but then it becomes a gamble and you could ultimately lose your sweeper in the process. 

But like you said, I'd like to wait and see for one more tourney to see if people can handle it. 

• Munya pinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.