Preliminary NU Tier

This meta was the chance to shine for many true never used pokemons.
Now i only can see that the unpopular pokemons from UU are coming to rule over the true never used, and those true never used, never will be used.

now im seeing the discussion, and the OP pokes that anybody can see, are being justified in the tier for the other OP pokes, that makes the tier now looks balanced, and the result: 
the pokes that never was used, never will be used.

i think i will be very dissapointed with the tier.

Now i only can see that the unpopular pokemons from UU are coming to rule over the true never used, and those true never used, never will be used.

now im seeing the discussion, and the OP pokes that anybody can see, are being justified in the tier for the other OP pokes, that makes the tier now looks balanced, and the result: 

>true nu

go spread your garbage somewhere else and play little cup or something

Hmm okay lets steer the discussion away from confrontation~

So what do you think are going to be some popular partnerships with the new NU? At the moment I am trying to build a team based around Cradily and Hitmontop being my defensive core. There is so many Pokemon to choose from, I feel spoilt for choice - it makes a nice change from the old NU. I would love to hear other people's thoughts!

I've been running a lot of toxic pokes in an attempt to wear down walls for pikachu and sharpedo to sweep. Pikachu and Sharpedo are most likely banworthy, they don't really have any solid counters outside of revenge killing and its quite easy to avoid revenge kills. Jumpluff also seems pretty damn annoying as senile demonstrated. Grass types are immune to leech seed but don't have the offense to really hurt jumpluff and pluff has sleep powder/aerial ace to stop grass types from doing anything.

Hmm okay lets steer the discussion away from confrontation~

So what do you think are going to be some popular partnerships with the new NU? At the moment I am trying to build a team based around Cradily and Hitmontop being my defensive core. There is so many Pokemon to choose from, I feel spoilt for choice - it makes a nice change from the old NU. I would love to hear other people's thoughts!

I took one look at Pikachu and I developed 18 different terminal illnesses.

One of those illnesses was losing to Zebra.

I think you understand the problem.

[spoiler]as for popular partnerships, wynaut + anything, kek.[/spoiler]

Edit:

I've been running a lot of toxic pokes in an attempt to wear down walls for pikachu and sharpedo to sweep. Pikachu and Sharpedo are most likely banworthy, they don't really have any solid counters outside of revenge killing and its quite easy to avoid revenge kills. Jumpluff also seems pretty damn annoying as senile demonstrated. Grass types are immune to leech seed but don't have the offense to really hurt jumpluff and pluff has sleep powder/aerial ace to stop grass types from doing anything.

Eh, I don't think it's fair to imply Pikachu and Sharpedo are on the same level; Sharpedo is a lot easier to deal with, because it gets CB locked and it doesn't have +2 Priority to poop on any would-be glass speedsters that would check it. At least with Sharpedo, you can predict it and force it out (IE Send in a Lapras on a CB waterfall), whereas predicting a Pikachu doesn't necessarily get you anywhere (Send in Lapras on Pikachu Surf, lol it tbolts anyway tf u doin kid).

Edited by Senile

This isn't true. Tangela, Sableye, Glalie, Cacturne, Bellossom, Raticate, Relicanth will still be popular. Other pokemon like Swalot, Piloswine, Dewgong, Seadra may see less usage but it is much better this way because then we no longer have to see both opponents having the same pokemon. Other pokemon like Venomoth have also become more viable with dual stabs becoming special and these can be used as well. All in all, no one is stopping you from using them other than yourself. If you believe in "true never used" then go ahead and use them and make good use of it. 

Gonna have to ban jumpluff and do a complex ban on Explosion on Electrode (screw you Senile :P )

-------------------------------------------

I do think Jumpluff is quite annoying. Although bellossom learns sludgebomb so that helps in beating jumpluff and that poison chance is also a very good reason to use it I guess. 

Also, yes lets have an NU tournament guys :D

I can see Jumpluff getting banned for the same reason it got banned from UU, even more we don't have Vileplume or Tentacruel or Hypno (to absorb sleep). So yah, that's definitely on the quick ban list IMO. Pikachu and Sharpedo though, not convinced yet. Stall has a lot of ways to deal with both. Pikachu is really hard for offense though but isn't as clearly as broken as Jumpluff. I think Sharpedo will be one of those amazing mons that can be dealt with, we have Tangela or the fail safe Poliwrath and Impish Hitmontop or even Lapras/Walrein.

Can we ban Jumpluff for that tournament?

I can see Jumpluff getting banned for the same reason it got banned from UU, even more we don't have Vileplume or Tentacruel or Hypno (to absorb sleep). So yah, that's definitely on the quick ban list IMO. Pikachu and Sharpedo though, not convinced yet. Stall has a lot of ways to deal with both. Pikachu is really hard for offense though but isn't as clearly as broken as Jumpluff. I think Sharpedo will be one of those amazing mons that can be dealt with, we have Tangela or the fail safe Poliwrath and Impish Hitmontop or even Lapras/Walrein.

Can we ban Jumpluff for that tournament?

I don't think so. After using Jumpluff, it is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, VERY annoying, but to be entirely honest, a lot of the time, it doesn't do much. It stalls out the match, it forces a lot of switches, but it inevitably starts either running out of PP or missing, and the opponent gets the initiative with their pokemon which can actually do things. Jumpluff can force your opponent to do some switching to scout their team, but honestly, it just fails to get much done a majority of the time. It just drains some HP, gets forced out, and slowly but surely just runs out of PP.

also sleep powder never fucking hits.

I don't think so. After using Jumpluff, it is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, VERY annoying, but to be entirely honest, a lot of the time, it doesn't do much. It stalls out the match, it forces a lot of switches, but it inevitably starts either running out of PP or missing, and the opponent gets the initiative with their pokemon which can actually do things. Jumpluff can force your opponent to do some switching to scout their team, but honestly, it just fails to get much done a majority of the time. It just drains some HP, gets forced out, and slowly but surely just runs out of PP.

so what you are saying is, to counter jumpluff I have to either pp stall it, or hope for it to miss? I mean, I don't need to say that there is something wrong here. Maybe stall doesn't care with multiple recovery moves but sitting out like 16 leech seeds as your only chance ot beat that thing is not what I call a balanced Pokémon.

If you can get spikes up you will see it hurting too...

Pikachu: Stopped cold by specially defensive Hitmontop

252 SpA Light Ball Pikachu Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hitmonchan: 61-73 (38.8 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Light Ball Pikachu Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hitmonchan: 67-81 (42.6 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Let's not exaggerate here.

so what you are saying is, to counter jumpluff I have to either pp stall it, or hope for it to miss? I mean, I don't need to say that there is something wrong here. Maybe stall doesn't care with multiple recovery moves but sitting out like 16 leech seeds as your only chance ot beat that thing is not what I call a balanced Pokémon.

Ehhhh, you're over estimating leech seed, accuracy, and Jumpluff as a whole. I haven't met a team that Jumpluff could really do much against other than be super annoying. Just try it out, I suppose, hue.

252 SpA Light Ball Pikachu Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hitmonchan: 61-73 (38.8 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Light Ball Pikachu Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hitmonchan: 67-81 (42.6 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Let's not exaggerate here

Edited by DoubleJ

Chan and Top have the same hp and Spdef iirc

^

252 SpA Light Ball Pikachu Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hitmontop: 61-73 (38.8 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Also if you're gonna run Hitmontop to beat things like Sharpedo, then you're gonna want to invest a wee bit of def in it as well, which would make things harder for it to come into pikachu,

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.