[Community] Economy

DoubleJ

Question

And guess what, we're giving people more money and reducing the tedious bullshit of breeding

WAIT WHAT DEVS ARE RECOGNIZING TEDIOUS BULLSHIT

Any comment on killing off EV's? :)

edit: yes I read your hint in there, just curious if you'd consider just removing them instead. 

Edited by Robofiend

WAIT WHAT DEVS ARE RECOGNIZING TEDIOUS BULLSHIT

Any comment on killing off EV's? :)

I wouldn't say killing nither do i have a problem with it at all but here Kyu's comment about it 

After we allow you to create stuff easily, we have other issues: It's too hard for players to 'reroll' their gained stats (EVs.) Using 100 items to redo your stat spread is unacceptable and we'll need to address that. Happiness is another largely pointless stat which happens to affect two very important moves, too, and has nothing but grindy bullshit attached to it.

Edited by Yugi

Shut up

Ot: Fred once made some very good points on how to make this game a lot more focused on coop, rather than scamming pvp.

Increasing the payouts won't change the fact that everyone is still playing on his own.

"Shut up". Great banter, totally legit point right there.

Increasing payouts won't indeed change that tho. It'll just make people earn more money and make shit themselves, which is contradictory. Now shut up <3 ;x

but if you are really looking for a better ways to make this game more around multi-playing instead of single playing then you should start thinking about dungeons & raids like WoW or runescape .. it wont be a PVP but will be a group of PVE to reach a common goal which is one of the main goals of an MMO. another is Battle grounds which would present the grouped PVE other side (a grouped PVP).

Those are the main core of any successful MMO game which fully centred around team-effort instead of single-player effort to build a good party or so.

all other ways is just stalling and circling around single players whither it is PVP events or PVE events.

Not that i'm not interested in trade hub or anything i actually can't wait for it but i'm just stating what would really fix the core problem and make us break-away from this single-mode curse

Pretty sure they confirmed, or atleast mentioned that they'd be able to work on dungeons or something similar with it, connected to legendaries. It was in another thread, I actually doubt it was just one thread about it, could be many more. But, then again, you can't really make anything more than that for this kind of a game. It's pokemon, you can't add classes and races and shit, and just work with your teammates to beat a legendary, 

Question: will automated tournaments be the end of staff run Tournaments? Or will they co exist?

^Pls answer that. Would be nice to know after all

I am very heartened by Kyu's post. As for some people's fear of the lack of player to player interaction, that will all depend on how they tackle dungeons (aka, will they only keep them at 2 players max, or will they allow for big party raids, which would be a fun and defining feature of this game).

What about the whole shiny Pokemon issue? If the encounter rate can increase, then more shinies will be in circulation; possibly lowering the price of them. And since there would be more desirable shinies in circulation, more money would be in circulation as well. This would also enable the player base of shiny hunters to be satisfied, and possibly allow for people to gain money more efficiently to build comp teams.

thats not how it works

Oh yeah realized my mistake, my bad

to pay for shinies u first of all have to >>GET<< the money to pay them. and the problem is currently in GETTING money, more shinies on the market wouldnt bring more yens in the hands of all people when nobody can afford them, and i think there are enough shinies to buy atm, at least i never had problems getting rid of my money so far

but i guess u realized that now :)

Edited by Quakkz

It actually seems like money is the main problem with the economy:

It takes a lot of money to breed a comp just from built-in costs, and money is hard enough to get that people have trouble stockpiling it. Money is also really valuable because it can now get you a lot of things: shinies (which used to be good stores of value that could become more valuable over time or with smart trading) are now less liquid and comparably worthless.

I'm under the impression that most people would way rather have $10million than 10 common shinies, just because of how long it would take to convert those shinies into actual cash.

It actually seems like money is the main problem with the economy:

It takes a lot of money to breed a comp just from built-in costs, and money is hard enough to get that people have trouble stockpiling it. Money is also really valuable because it can now get you a lot of things: shinies (which used to be good stores of value that could become more valuable over time or with smart trading) are now less liquid and comparably worthless.

I'm under the impression that most people would way rather have $10million than 10 common shinies, just because of how long it would take to convert those shinies into actual cash.

if u see it from a comp players perspective yeah maybe. shinies themselves hold value tho via rarity / desire, otherwise they would never reach those values and could be replaced with anything else

• EXP grind is gone for IVs
  • Nature farming is more feasible via Synchronize
  • Hidden Power will be able to be arbitrarily decided for a cost

Battle simulator mode engaged ! ! lol

Didn't want my 4x and 5x to be worth anything anyways, Just like my 2012'ers arnt worth nothing anyways.

I was for exact IV's until I really dug into the breeding system and figured out how relatively easy it is to get perfect pokemon in this game now.

Edited by bl0nde

• EXP grind is gone for IVs
  • Nature farming is more feasible via Synchronize
  • Hidden Power will be able to be arbitrarily decided for a cost

Battle simulator mode engaged. Didn't want my 4x and 5x to be worth anything anyways, Just like my 2012'ers arnt worth nothing anyways.

I was for exact IV's until I really dug into the breeding system and figured out how relatively easy it is to get perfect pokemon in this game now.

First, not everyone is narrowing for 31s - if you want a hidden power poke, you have to use EVs to get the exact IVs for every stat just to start planning the breeding process. You can't just slap an EXP share on a poke and map out its entire IV spread without far more time put in that you'd use for the EV process.

Brushing all that aside, all of that "smart multitasking" you described is horrible gameplay. Narrowing IVs is shitty gameplay, doing VS seeker runs is shitty gameplay but slightly better than paydaying. You mentioned buying cheap dittos to supplement breeding - imagine how much more the ditto market will thrive with exact ivs - people will be able to sell dittos fresh from the cave and buyers will know exaclty what they're buying and how they can use it for even complex breeding projects like HP breeding.

These changes are far from making this a battle simulator - the synch buff doesn't even sound THAT reliable, and building comps is still a time intensive process even with the changes mentioned. Basically, you sound incredibly biased towards how these changes will affect YOU PERSONALLY, instead of the game as a whole

Edited by Eggplant
Be nice!

if u see it from a comp players perspective yeah maybe. shinies themselves hold value tho via rarity / desire, otherwise they would never reach those values and could be replaced with anything else

Well I'm just looking at it from a monetary/economics perspective, yeah. Ofc, If I got a shiny Weezing I wouldn't trade it because I value that more than the selling price.

Shinies used to be a good way of storing value: you could invest in a shiny Gastly, for instance, and hope that you could sell it back for more than you paid, or at least break even. With the changing value of pokeyen, however, a lot of people get screwed trying to invest like this, so people are often moer inclined just to keep their shiny. I think that if this game wants to be successful, however, shinies need to remain rare and tradeable (nudge nudge, devs) so that players can enjoy whichever part of the game they choose. Both stand to benefit from tradeable comp. prizes. No one stands to benefit from just naively upping the shiny encounter rate.

You could always increase your staff size. For example Hassan is probably the most consistent player to make tourneys(outside of staff), if he was to given a rank and possibly some supplies I'm pretty sure he would host more, and they could be officials. This is if Hassan was up for it of course.

Hassan is just one example.

Increasing the staff size would not do anything to mitigate the limits on official event scale size at all. There's still the issue of making sure enough are online at the same time to run tournaments with more than 64 players. Even then would anyone really want to sit through a 128 person bracket that isn't automated? Anything larger than 64 players inherently needs automation. Plus it's already been stated, more staff will not be added just for the sake of running official events.

Increasing the staff size would not do anything to mitigate the limits on official event scale size at all. There's still the issue of making sure enough are online at the same time to run tournaments with more than 64 players. Even then would anyone really want to sit through a 128 person bracket that isn't automated? Anything larger than 64 players inherently needs automation. Plus it's already been stated, more staff will not be added just for the sake of running official events.

No, but you could run 32 man/ 64 man Tourneys more often. We don't need any massive bracket, but having them more often would be much better.

While the PVPer in me wants to be able to simply choose a hidden power, objectively I think you're right that more effort should go into it. However, I think the amount of effort required right now is farrrr too high. The problem is, I can't think of a middle ground between the current system and a battle sim style "pick your hidden power" - and believe me, Ive tried. Whoever can think of it deserves a promotion

Edited by Eggplant
Removed hidden quotes

Haha these shots. But don't exact ivs mean the HP is already determined?

The HP is always determined from the beggining lol. Once you get the actual egg and hatch it, you already have your hidden power decided judging from the IVs that egg hatched with. The problem currently is that you have to go through a lot of breeding and confirming just to get a HP competitive pokemon. Implementing exact IVs would slow that down a lot easier, since you can already see all of the Even/Odd IVs, and can see for yourself what that Hidden Power is.

While the PVPer in me wants to be able to simply choose a hidden power, objectively I think you're right that more effort should go into it. However, I think the amount of effort required right now is farrrr too high. The problem is, I can't think of a middle ground between the current system and a battle sim style "pick your hidden power" - and believe me, Ive tried. Whoever can think of it deserves a promotion

I 100% agree with blonde and grunt... I want Hidden powers to be just like they are now... We have confirmed IVs.. thats going to make it MUCH easier.. isn't that enough?

^That. Please don't just make it so we pay a small sum and we can magically just get the HP  we want. Leave that part as it is, nothing would benefit if you actually change that, if that is the matter of course, which I highly doubt.

The HP is always determined from the beggining lol. Once you get the actual egg and hatch it, you already have your hidden power decided judging from the IVs that egg hatched with. The problem currently is that you have to go through a lot of breeding and confirming just to get a HP competitive pokemon. Implementing exact IVs would slow that down a lot easier, since you can already see all of the Even/Odd IVs, and can see for yourself what that Hidden Power is.

I know that, but with the coming update, we automatically know what it is. Simple stuff man

EDIT: Honestly didn't even read your whole comment, was just responding to the first sentence

Edited by Pkernaruto60

I know that, but with the coming update, we automatically know what it is. Simple stuff man

since you can already see all of the Even/Odd IVs, and can see for yourself what that Hidden Power is.

Uhm...okay...yeah..you said the same thing I did...And unless you know all of the Even/Odd IVs that are needed for every Hidden Power type, or you have them somewhere written down on a notepad, you'll still have to actually use the Hidden Power TM on a pokemon to see the hidden power. But that's mostly a noob problem, pretty sure most people waiting for this update already know that anyway.

Uhm...okay...yeah..you said the same thing I did...And unless you know all of the Even/Odd IVs that are needed for every Hidden Power type, or you have them somewhere written down on a notepad, you'll still have to actually use the Hidden Power TM on a pokemon to see the hidden power. But that's mostly a noob problem, pretty sure most people waiting for this update already know that anyway.

Yeah read my edit, my bad. And like you said "most people waiting for this update already know that anyway". I know this stuff mang

All you had to say was buying the tm was the cost lmao I forgot that step

Edited by Pkernaruto60

No, but you could run 32 man/ 64 man Tourneys more often. We don't need any massive bracket, but having them more often would be much better.

32 person brackets have been the standard for some time now. I can already say that I'm planning out a few more events still. Adding more staff right now won't do much if anything for events because each event still has requirements that have to be met that new staff can't affect much.