Best PvP Players and Teams of PokeMMO (Orange edition)

With the implementation of a thus far successful ladder system, will you award points to say the top three when the system gets reset? I'm imagining there will be prizes awarded by the devs with each reset, or something something at least (I hope). 

With the implementation of a thus far successful ladder system, will you award points to say the top three when the system gets reset? I'm imagining there will be prizes awarded by the devs with each reset, or something something at least (I hope). 

matchmaking is taken seriously?

Well when players have over 50 matches already with this dumb intermittent ranked match system, I'd say so.

Really all of the vermillion folk just got migrated into the matchmaking along with some other players who want some BP and entertainment. Apparently unranked is ass and I understand that but it doesn't mean ranked is anything special either. I think the HoF would be more consistent if it stuck to tournament. Maybe adding a section for ranked matchmaking would be cool, but the thing is I doubt every player takes matchmaking serious. I think it's just for practicing. This means matchmaking doesn't have official prestige is its a practice platform. Just another person viewpoint here I guess. Edited by DrCraig

Really all of the vermillion folk just got migrated into the matchmaking along with some other players who want some BP and entertainment. Apparently unranked is ass and I understand that but it doesn't mean ranked is anything special either. I think the HoF would be more consistent if it stuck to tournament. Maybe adding a section for ranked matchmaking would be cool, but the thing is I doubt every player takes matchmaking serious. I think it's just for practicing. This means matchmaking doesn't have official prestige is its a practice platform. Just another person viewpoint here I guess.

They may have migrated to there, but they are not doing well on there. The top rank ladder players are the one who consistently do well at official tournaments. No top player likes losing, so I dont they are jjust using "fun" teams.

Edited by KingBowser

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/62526-spring-fever-series-qualifier-1-sunday-april-3rd/+2

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/60745-doubles-hype-train-3-february-6th/+1

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/25623-psychological-warfare-6v6-ou/?hl=drowzee+2

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/25968-oceanic-tourney/+2

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/10228-official-pokemon-world-tournament-junior-cup-results-and-post-discussion/+2

pls add me now

thx <3

(pretty sure im missing a couple 2nd places too)

EDIT: Removed quiz tournament and togepi cup seeing as they dont count apparantly (even tho togepi is a legit tier with official tournaments every month)

Edited by DoctorPBC

They may have migrated to there, but they are not doing well on there. The top rank ladder players are the one who consistently do well at official tournaments. No top player likes losing, so I dont they are jjust using "fun" teams.

Obviously no top play likes losing but there is also nothing on the line in matchmaking. It's the best place to good practice for officials. You don't get knocked out of matchmaking for a week. Like I said: a section specifically for matchmaking top player would be cool as long as it's separate from the traditional hall of fame section. I don't think it would be appropriate to weight matchmaking wins close to official wins. That's my stance. I'm just clarifying because I must not have.

Ladder seems sort of an unfair way to determine the "best" players exactly because the more you have matches the "lesser" your win rate needs to be. I definitely do think the tournament in the end of each month(?) in which you qualify with your ladder rating should be used as a tournament here but I'm not in favor to include Ladder as a plain source for points in this table. Willing to hear discussion, though obvs.

Obviously no top play likes losing but there is also nothing on the line in matchmaking. It's the best place to good practice for officials. You don't get knocked out of matchmaking for a week. Like I said: a section specifically for matchmaking top player would be cool as long as it's separate from the traditional hall of fame section. I don't think it would be appropriate to weight matchmaking wins close to official wins. That's my stance. I'm just clarifying because I must not have.

Ofc I understood where you stood, but this is going to be a decision orange will have to make, so I like to give an opposing argument. Its not like its easy to get to the top or easy to stay on top, you have to be very consistent, but in a tournament, you can easily lose/win with some rng. Less counter teaming in laddering, have to win much more than 5-6 matches.

As Bowser has eluded to, it takes a lot of commitment to "ladder". Players at the top of the list have 40+ wins and at worst a 68% W/L, which is pretty damn good imo. The thing about laddering is that there is something on the line and that something is your win percentage. I've got like 19 matches in the system and each of my 5 losses were freaking painful to me. If I play, I play to win, just like I imagine Frags, ZDFire, or DestructX do while trying to stay on the top of the system. I personally like the idea of rewarding points for being top ranked. 

Edited by DoubleJ

I mean I'm not exactly against it but I kinda have one concern.. how can we reliably have the very last screenshot of the ladder of each month? It's still sort of trusting whoever provided the screenshot that it was the last situation before the fix. Unless some staff thing archives the information or sorts. Is that a thing? Staff pls respond.

Edit: What would be your suggested point count with these? 2, 1, 0.5 for top 3 or something of sorts?

Edited by OrangeManiac

I mean I'm not exactly against it but I kinda have one concern.. how can we reliably have the very last screenshot of the ladder of each month? It's still sort of trusting whoever provided the screenshot that it was the last situation before the fix. Unless some staff thing archives the information or sorts. Is that a thing? Staff pls respond.

Well isnt there gonna be a reward system for those player, I feel they would make an announcement somewhere or a listing.

Well isnt there gonna be a reward system for those player, I feel they would make an announcement somewhere or a listing.

I'm pretty out of the loop in regards to what they're going to do with it, but this is what I thought was going to happen

I like the idea of rewarding top ranked players of the leaderboard, but I really don't see how.

Ranked Matchmaking looks like a King of the Hill game to me. The person that last the longer at the top should be the most rewarded imo. If someone gets rank 1 at the very last second and was at the bottom of the leaderboard for the entire month, rewarding that person more than someone that was consistantly at rank 1 would not be reprentative of the leaderboard of that month. 

I also feel that ranked matchmaking is something new and we still don't know/realise how it works yet. We should at least wait for the first reset before rewarding people XD

Imo the reward should be, in addition to the Battle points, a seeding system for the monthly tournaments that will be made. Put simply, the 1st of the rankings will face at round 1 the 64th (if this is a tournament of 64 men ofc)... ... Then, the 1st and the 2nd will be able to face each other at finals only. It gives some kind of merit to the players that are high in the rankings, but a very good player who didn't scrub ranked battles will still be able to shine in a harder bracket.

That last link is worth 1 point. Quiz tourney is considered a gimmick and togepi cup should count though. 

Nothing on the line? Lol ok

There's like 10 players who care scattered from 1 to 20 and the rest are migrants from vermillion

If the ranked matchmaking had some weight, more relevant people would give a shit

Maybe adding a point system for this thread would be an incentive to play and then something would be on the line

Edited by DrCraig