Player of the Month! [Social Media] (Monday, February 1st)

Ronax

Player of the month should be rewarded to members that actually put a lot of time and effort into doing good things for the community, not some random that made up a bullshit story in a Facebook post.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck to everyone!

But then they can't cash in on the sweet chance of more donators players from the social media sites

But then they can't cash in on the sweet chance of more donators players from the social media sites

I mean they can have their social media contests, but they could of approached this "Player of the Month" concept in a different way. For example, every month they can choose 1 player that made a big impact to the community such as creating helpful guides, hosting unofficial tournaments, and assisting players by answering questions be it noob questions or competitive questions, etc....

As a reward maybe Darkshade can design a crown for this player to wear for the month he's chosen as the "Player of the Month" and maybe throw in some reward points, but that's probably asking for to much. I can name a few people that have impacted the community in some way such as DoubleJ, OrangeManiac, and CaptainGrey. There are much more, but that's the only three I can think of atm :P

Player of the month should be rewarded to members that actually put a lot of time and effort into doing good things for the community, not some random that made up a bullshit story in a Facebook post.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck to everyone!

The idea was to make a social media event I think, rather than an event that aims to select a 'player of the month'.

It really didn't matter what they called it, but the whole point is to have some social media participation through a probably mostly random selection process.

It just happens to be named 'player of the month' because what else woudl you call it? 'Monthly lottery winner'?

The idea was to make a social media event I think, rather than an event that aims to select a 'player of the month'.
It really didn't matter what they called it, but the whole point is to have some social media participation through a probably mostly random selection process.
It just happens to be named 'player of the month' because what else woudl you call it? 'Monthly lottery winner'?

Social Media/Facebook Contest because that's what it is. Feel free to change the title if you like and reintroduce the "Player of the Month" concept in the way I stated. (What am I doing this will never happen lmao)

It's unfortunate that this event is taking place on facebook.  I don't use facebook for privacy and social reasons.  I also dont appreciate the egocentric nature of both twitter and facebook.  It's not really fair to be ostracized from an event like this because I don't use a questionable website that data mines personal information and is known to sell that data. 

I know I might not necessarily be "the" player of the month.  But i should be allowed to enter and have an equal chance just like everyone else.

Maybe instead of farming facebook likes we could do a similar thing right here on the forums. 

I don't think they want the circle jerk to be that local.

Also why would they have it on forums? Everyone on the forums presumably already plays or has played the game. It's for advertising. The staff aren't sitting there saying "Wow. I wish I knew who our best player was. I really want to give back to the community!".

Edit: Having said that, I think the staff really took a misstep here. It's pretty obvious how autistic the PokeMMO community is. Friends tend to be a prerequisite for Facebook.

Edited by Herpetology

Congratulations to Staggiie on becoming Player of the Month! She constantly shows her love and support for the game, and shares it with anyone and everyone in more ways than one. 

Congratulations to OrangeManiac for coming in as Runner-Up! His knowledge/help within PokeMMO's competitive scene is something that is definitely recognized!

Honorable mention: ViperGuy