[PSL 6] HYPE Thread

28 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

yes. @RacheLucario join psl this year and you'll be one of the most expensive players for your sig skills alone

She beat me today in comp too, belive me she has skills

33 minutes ago, Rendiz said:

I don't think there is any realistic way to make people play their matches. For the most part when people don't play its because their team is losing and they aren't motivated to play.

Signed up for playin?

Fucking play. I remember when I was in 2 of the worst teams in PSL history (Qwilfishes and Metapods, seasons 1 and 2 respectively). I entered PSL to play and I was upset I couldn't (Senile was a str8boi), although as a learning metapod I was doing pretty well (same record as this season). It's about improving, learning. Without practice against truly good players you're gonna end up like Tranz and e4 will beat you. If you don't wanna do it for team, do it for yourself and PSL itself.

I don't really want any severe punishments like taking money, no no no. Banning from a future season for lack of sportsmanship or something similar sounds fine though.

Edited by RysPicz
Just now, DoubleJ said:

Tbh, this season and last had some of the fewest activity decisions to date. If we can keep up the trend, I'll be happy. I'm considering a rule that if you have an activity loss you can't play the next week (one week suspension). Would put more emphasis on managers keeping their players alive too. 

how about one and only one freebie per season per player? it's still a loss for the team but everyone has life pop up and mess up their schedule once in a while.

Just now, fredrichnietze said:

how about one and only one freebie per season per player? it's still a loss for the team but everyone has life pop up and mess up their schedule once in a while.

I'm not about that grey area. Either the rule exists or it doesn't, we can't introduce subjective opinion otherwise peeps will try to abuse. Remember your manager can sub a player out.

9 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Tbh, this season and last had some of the fewest activity decisions to date. If we can keep up the trend, I'll be happy. I'm considering a rule that if you have an activity loss you can't play the next week (one week suspension). Would put more emphasis on managers keeping their players alive too. 

While this is nice if a team is losing their week and so people don't want to play. But this won't address teams giving up late in the season when their team looks like they won't make play offs which is where a lot of activity wins come from. The only way you can stop this is by banning them from future seasons which may not even be enough of a deterrent for a lot of people.

We just need to rely on the people who sign up to not be a uguu and play their damn matches.

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I guess there needs to be some sort of incentive for teams once they are out of the playoffs to keep on playing their matches.

Any suggestions?

18 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

Just get managers that can get their team to play, no matter the circumstance. I always felt, even if the season is lost, ending it in glory and spoiling another teams chances can still put you in the spotlight

You can't force it, but hopefully a manager can encourage it

23 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I guess there needs to be some sort of incentive for teams once they are out of the playoffs to keep on playing their matches.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking maybe have money for players with best win loss ratio on each team or something? idk would require more donations or less money for winning team 

E: Doesnt have to be a lot of money... just enough to get incentive 

Edited by JIceJDragon
2 hours ago, JIceJDragon said:

I was thinking maybe have money for players with best win loss ratio on each team or something? idk would require more donations or less money for winning team 

E: Doesnt have to be a lot of money... just enough to get incentive 

I like this idea. Or maybe a sick staff made sig the small shiny ones like the invites

Edited by SpartacusGD

One idea is to change the structure of the matches, divide team in groups of 3 (or something that appeals according to manager's subscription), both face each other twice, which gives better changes to classify even if you lose one or two rounds, if your team still have a shot, ppl are more likely to keep playing.

The best of each group classify to playoffs (maybe the best one and the best second places between groups - like Euro and World Cup classifiers), this way, who lost in this early stage don't play anymore and activity isn't a concern anymore. 

Other thing that I would like to see is a maximum number of drafted players, you have 10 tiers to play, you should be allowed not more than 14~16 players (10 + 4~6 benches), this way you will enforce good auctions, managers needs to be smart, hire good players for each tier, some flexible players that play 2 or 3  tiers, not the buy all of the possible players and put 6 to play and bench 30.

10 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Signed up for playin?

Fucking play. I remember when I was in 2 of the worst teams in PSL history (Qwilfishes and Metapods, seasons 1 and 2 respectively). I entered PSL to play and I was upset I couldn't (Senile was a str8boi),

wow, even I played every week for Qwilfishes. You must really suck :^)

1st place: Through to knock out bracket

2nd place: Throught to knock out bracket

3rd place: Through to knock out bracket

4th place:*

5th place:*   - 4th to 7th could all fight for the last remaining spot of knock out bracket

6th place:*

7th place:*

8th place: out

This way, it gives everyone incentive to play because there is always hope to get a spot, unless you're literally getting crushed like UFO in 8th spot. Of course the higher ranked you are the better seed you get, 4th would fight 7th spot, 5th against 6th then the two winners fight for the spot.

This should pretty much stop anyone giving up because everyone should have chances to get in, no matter how small the chance is.

Problems with this is it does add more time to the season since we'd have to have a week or two for the reserves to fight for their spot instead of going straight to knock out bracket. 

edit: Now that I think about it, that would be pretty hyped to see the reserves battle it out for a spot.

Edited by KaynineXL
Just now, Vorred said:

wow, even I played every week for Qwilfishes. You must really suck :^)

Back then yeah. I really did suck, was starting to get into comp .-D Those first steps, such beauty times with cancerous baton pass

1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:

1st place: Through to knock out bracket

2nd place: Throught to knock out bracket

3rd place: Through to knock out bracket

4th place:*

5th place:*   - 4th to 7th could all fight for the last remaining spot of knock out bracket

6th place:*

7th place:*

8th place: out

I'm not a fan of a fight for the 4th finals spot, that's kinda what the 7 weeks prior are for