[PSL 6] HYPE Thread

Announcement:

1. I have always been an opponent of team's "dismantling" once they are eliminated from the playoffs, providing an unfair advantage to certain teams that are rewarded with lopsided trades. With this in mind, it must come as a huge surprise to many of you that I would allow Team Riga to break down and offer some of their star players to playoff contenders. This seems like a broken system and incredibly unfair, but I put a lot of thought into it and in the end allowed some questionable trades. Let me first say that these trades were the better offers I had seen and it was agreed upon by both managers to push them through. There was reason from both sides and it was just logical. I did veto several (a lot) of shitty trade offers such as shit bench player for Eloy. At the end of the day though I attempted to make each trade fair and spread out among the likely playoff contenders. Only Doc was able to pull off 2 trades last week and that was because no other manager was offering on the players he was interested in. To support this event, I look it at it similarly to the NBA trade deadline where many teams have already solidified their playoff position and simply want to get stronger, while others make trades to improve their standing for a late season push into the playoffs. Last week involved a frenzy of trades and many playoff teams really improved, which simply makes for a better playoff competition. Yes, some managers did their players dirty but to defend this heartless bastards, the PSL is designed as a game of cunning where the manager pulls the strings. I commemorate the managers that stuck by their players. I see both strategies as beneficial and promising, just like in professional sports both strategies are used extremely well. 
  2. So with that said, here's to a fucking amazing playoff race with the eventual crowning of our PSL Season 6 Champion!

tl;dr The trade deadline was harsh, but all in all it offered excitement, improved competition, and more opportunity for strategy to take place on the part of the managers who are often left with nothing to in past seasons aside from submit a roster. 

Alright here we go since you encouraged this JJ, I'll provide one

Since this week was my last week of this season and maybe even for psl still haven't decided if I'll play again next season I'd thought I'd give a special shout out. So first of all, thank you @SirVector for drafting an old timer like me who hasn't played psl since season 3 and actually putting faith in me and not wanting me simply because I was a sig maker like some other people wanted or thinking I was a waste of 3k. I think your trust in me really paid off and I'm glad I could be one of the players you could count on. Also thank you to my teammates for always being supportive even when I took that one loss. The amount of uplifting things you said truly made me happy to be in this with you guys. I couldn't have asked for better teammates even though you boys always relied on me to get shit done

Also thank you @BlackJovi for literally betting on me almost every week I played and being the only person to do so. I'm glad to see people from outside of my team believed in me as well c:

@Kizhaz thanks for bringing up the blind metagross jokes again this season. Never forget Blind-a-gross

And well, thanks to everyone who believed in me this season. I really appreciate it all. As an old comp player I didn't really expect anyone to believe I could come in and show I could hold my own. I came out and gave it my all this season and I think I did a pretty good job. Was a fun season

Only downside to this season was lack of salt. Needs more salt. That is all