Blocking Suggestion

Hotarubi

Question

So when you block someone.

They are able to login to an alt character and still message you.

I'm requesting that you allow us to block a character on an account. However I'm requesting that when you block a character one an said account that it also includes all other characters on that account.

I wish this is possible. I included some feedback as this is exactly what i'm looking for.

• No whisp from main
  • No whisp from alt  from main acc
  • No whisp from alternative accounts from same comp thus ip 
  • No whisp from another comp in the same network
  • No whisp from from that same troller
  • No whisp spamable in general in the same 10 seconds!

Feedback plz?

Edited by Hotarubi

22 minutes ago, Hotarubi said:

I'm requesting that you allow us to block a character on an account. However I'm requesting that when you block a character one an said account that it also includes all other characters on that account.

I wish this is possible.

Feedback plz?

They will just make a new account which is easy to do and keep doing it. Also I dont think staff would be happy with this, people tend to make stupid names when they try to whisper someone who has them blocked. You would need to be able to block IPs to make your thing work which isnt gonna happen.

Edited by TheChampionMike
typo
8 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

They will just make a new account which is easy to do and keep doing it. Also I dont think staff wouldn't be happy with this, people tend to make stupid names when they try to whisper someone who has them blocked. You would need to be able to block IPs to make your thing work which isnt gonna happen.

Then allow us to block players who are offline.

Rather than receive a message * blank * could not be found.

People who login to send a whisper then logout its just ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Hotarubi said:

I so agree with you, i wanna be able to block someone ip

• No whisp from main

I want that ability-customization PLEASE  

Edited by ragstal
2 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

But you do, its simply called not giving a fuck and not responding. Literally all these so called "jerks" want this reaction from you. If you ignore them they wont have any fun and will stop.

How about, your input is invalid because as a user and representative of many users who are kind and caring.

I know that we shouldn't have to put up with abuse and mistreatment and just say nothing.

We should be given the option to completely ignore and block players in-depth.

I see nothing wrong with this suggestion.

I ignore my fair share.

But I shouldn't have to deal with login any time of day they see me online in a list or somewhere they login to another account and troll me.

I should not have to deal with such a problem and neither should my friends or those I'm representing in this topic.

I won't go into more detail but you should not be so quick to jump to a conclusion and disregard the validity or usefulness of my suggestion.

Member @TheChampionMike 

I think you should consider this. It really is a good constructive idea and it could make gameplay much more fun for the users who don't like being bothered by "JERKS" as i said before.

17 minutes ago, ragstal said:

I so agree with you, i wanna be able to block someone ip

• No whisp from main

I want that ability-customization PLEASE  

I 100% agree with you on this. I know we aren't alone.

Based on the fact I've seen friends of one team join up to another's just to troll and cause trouble based on a hatred they were unable to sensibly explain, I believe that there are at the very least, people in this game who have made a conscious decision to ruin the fun for others.

Full support behind functionality like this - there are some fundamentally awful people (from core to crust) who play this game and there should be better options available for evading them.

51 minutes ago, Bishav said:

I completely agree with this, if anything it makes things harder for those who try to evade block

The downside would be the programming difficulties.

On a different note, if you are being harassed, you should go file a player report. Let staff deal with them/suggest an alternative.

I can appreciate the consistent support of all staff.

The fact is you can't always get staff intervention and often times you waste a lot of time filing a player report which only results in a temp mute.

The functionality of this suggestion can do no harm to anyone except those users who really want to bother the person who's blocked them and furthermore wants nothing to do with them.

1 hour ago, TheChampionMike said:

They will just make a new account which is easy to do and keep doing it. Also I dont think staff would be happy with this, people tend to make stupid names when they try to whisper someone who has them blocked. You would need to be able to block IPs to make your thing work which isnt gonna happen.

Make a new account is pretty easy but way longer than : "Right-clic, Block.".

Imo, the suggestion is good. I'm not sure "IP-block" is something you can expect. But blocking the whole account is a good idea, regarding harassement.

1 hour ago, Hotarubi said:

I wish this is possible. I included some feedback as this is exactly what i'm looking for.

• No whisp from main

Feedback plz?

Unfortunatly though your idea would be a nice bonus in lessor blocking cases, it simply can't be possible to give players that ability to IP block another player.  If another player has the malicious intent on bullying you to the point that they switch to a different character. It's more befitting to create a player report and have a moderator mediate the situation.

Even the idea of being able to just block someone on an account level so all characters of that one account can't contact you will do nothing, cause if the player took the time to make an alternative character harass you. It takes just as much time to create a new player account. Unfortunatly it cannot be avoided, so your only option really is to create a player report and have a moderator mediate the situation.

1 hour ago, Hotarubi said:

I completely agree with this idea. Blocking someone should not be only if the other person is online, you should have the availability to block someone that is offline.

Another suggestion I have to improve the current player blocking system is to - Have it so that if you block someone, that contact can't see your messages either.  I find it odd when I block someone, or they block me and the other can see messages posted of the user.  It's weird cause if the issue was public and channel wide. Then you would write something off topic. The person you blocked would answer and you can't see. Then others would respond to their response and your just sitting there confused.

It would be better if blocking a character would make it so that they can't see your messages anymore, they can't see yours, as well as cutting off all contact with the character (ex duel requests, trading, or invites)

I believe the block function could indeed use an improvement, ragstal's idea to make it account or IP wide is a good one.

At the moment, it is against the rules to avoid someone's block by using an alt account.

If you are the one making those alt accounts, don't do it.

If you are the one receiving the harassment from the alt accounts, make a player report on the forums and include screenshots.

I hate to break it to the mod that keeps deleting new messages, but if you keep doing that continuing the discussion is not going to be possible.  Unless the message is entirely outside of the concept of the thread it would be best left alone.  This way we can keep all posts regarding the blocking function of the game to a single thread without needing to create other threads.

This goes for any comments, complaints, or stories regarding the blocking function. Any information is good information. Also remember a discussion is not a discussion without opposition. Therefore, by deleting comments of anyone who is against changes to the blocking system will only be hindering the positive outcome this thread could bring for improving a single aspect of the game.

4 minutes ago, Pythonhier said:

I hate to break it to the mod that keeps deleting new messages, but if you keep doing that continuing the discussion is not going to be possible.  Unless the message is entirely outside of the concept of the thread it would be best left alone.  This way we can keep all posts regarding the blocking function of the game to a single thread without needing to create other threads.

This goes for any comments, complaints, or stories regarding the blocking function. Any information is good information. Also remember a discussion is not a discussion without opposition. Therefore, by deleting comments of anyone who is against changes to the blocking system will only be hindering the positive outcome this thread could bring for improving a single aspect of the game.

So lets here a fact supported  argument on how the current system is without flaw and should stay if that's your opinion.

Edited by Hotarubi
Just now, Hotarubi said:

So lets here a fact supported supportive argument on how the current system is without flaw and should stay if that's your opinion.

Don't get me wrong. That isn't my opinion. I just been sitting here watching people make posts regarding the current system, and they just immediatly get deleted.  By deleting other's opinions then it forces a discussion to follow a single agenda, and that doesn't provide information from all sides of an idea.

2 hours ago, Pythonhier said:

Don't get me wrong. That isn't my opinion. I just been sitting here watching people make posts regarding the current system, and they just immediatly get deleted.  By deleting other's opinions then it forces a discussion to follow a single agenda, and that doesn't provide information from all sides of an idea.

Often times opinions regarding other things or events get posted.

Thats when moderation is needed.

To be prank about it 

The vulgar remarks and backhanded comments aren't necessary or relevant to this thread.

The fact stands there can be some improvement to the current blocking system that everyone can mutually agree on.

Generally more dreams and aspirations are foiled due to discouragement rather than attempts and failures.

This is also true in the polar opposite, most amazing achievements happen when individuals who seek to acquire said goal ignore those who say

"you cant do this."  remaining persistent.

Let's address things that could be changed rather than disussing how its not possible, when there isn't truly substantial reason why.

2 hours ago, Munya said:

I'm not sure where I stand on the IP one, I have known some people at one point in time under the same roof sharing the same internet where one I would have loved to block and the other I may not. Account should be as far as it goes unless theres someway to differentiate between players on the same IP.

I can appreciate the consideration indepth on the I.P. situation as I imagined similar issues with this implement for some users.

Edited by Hotarubi
7 minutes ago, AlitoFernando said:

1473693492-24.png

i can only agree with dis

What is your response to that, it seems there is censorship on your end Alito.

I've seen some very interesting things in screenshots taken of you, that resemble this screen except the language you are using is French.

Edited by Hotarubi
8 minutes ago, AlitoFernando said:

1473693492-24.png

i can only agree with dis

Anyway to be clear I've experienced this same thing.

In multiple different languages not just spanish.

I feel this is a tiny bit off topic.

This has to do with individual blocking not a gross generalization.

Block the individual speaking a language you don't understand, not the general public who may possibly speak more than one language.