[PSL 6] Week Four

1 minute ago, whilt said:

Legally, Ari's reasoning should warrant him an extension, if not anything other than a loss. It should be noted that an event beyond anyone's control befell him and that there is undeniable evidence to support this. Such an event is seen as an Act of God, which in tort law is "an overwhelming event caused exclusively by natural forces whose effects could not possibly be prevented (e.g., flood, earthquake, tornado).  In modern jurisdictions, "act of God" is often broadened by statute to include all natural phenomena whose effects could not be prevented by the exercise of reasonable care and foresight." (Cornell University Law School) Under international law, there is enough reason to overturn an activity decision following the principle of a force majeure clause. It is incumbent upon the manager to hold a PSL that is fair, thus to award an activity win that goes against international law is a disservice to the community outside the team he favors. In this case, justice is denied and one can surmise that we are playing a futile best friend's game. 

#biasedhost

Calling me biased and saying I'm favoring a team isn't helping anyone here. I was going to suspend FABBROoo and award Walpayer with an activity win last week, but they had set up their match through whispers rather than PM and had no proof that either were even scheduled to play.

I had even warned Raaidn, a very close friend of mine, that I would suspend him should he not complete his match during Week 2 when his team had already lost. 

These are written rules. I have though lifted the one week suspension. Regardless, there are no extensions awarded to anyone and naming this a "no contest" still awards the win to the Komalas, 5 to 4.  

24 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Calling me biased and saying I'm favoring a team isn't helping anyone here. I was going to suspend FABBROoo and award Walpayer with an activity win last week, but they had set up their match through whispers rather than PM and had no proof that either were even scheduled to play.

I had even warned Raaidn, a very close friend of mine, that I would suspend him should he not complete his match during Week 2 when his team had already lost. 

These are written rules. I have though lifted the one week suspension. Regardless, there are no extensions awarded to anyone and naming this a "no contest" still awards the win to the Komalas, 5 to 4.  

There is an exception to every rule, and what more an exception than a 4.3 magnitude earthquake? If such an event can suspend obligations bounded in legal contracts, what safeguards a rule of one? You more than anyone should know that rules can be interpreted, as in the practice of judicial reviews. However, seeing as this is, in fact, a rule of one, I don't have anything to hold against you other than this PSL season's dignity.

I call upon your conscience to ensure that justice is served. Until then, I refuse to participate in all of my future matches as there is now good enough reason for me to believe that I am not competing on an even playing field. Anyone who thinks likewise is free to join me. 

1 minute ago, whilt said:

I call upon your conscience to ensure that justice is served. Until then, I refuse to participate in all of my future matches as there is now good enough reason for me to believe that I am not competing on an even playing field. Anyone who thinks likewise is free to join me. 

Judicious action has led me to remove the ban on Arimanius for Week 4. There will be no extension and that is an even playing field as this rule applies to everyone. 

My predictions! 

The Savage Swamperts (2) vs Cuboned (8)

OU: Gluumac vs Pachima

OU: lRoyXD vs Maekaaay

OU: Zozorth vs Hassan

UU: Havsha vs Forfiter

UU: Aftershocker vs Arimanius

NU: NataliaHeart vs whilt

NU: DarylDixonTWD vs Mnemosyne

Doubles: Artemiseta vs Rendoz

ADV: Foggi vs Eggplant

DPP: Raptori vs XPLOZ

Team Riga (4) vs Wynaut Zoidberg (6) 

OU: Eloyriptor vs Xilias

OU: Raaidn vs Frags

OU: Kimikozen vs Tryss

UU: Enchanteur vs Mlhawk

UU: MisterHide vs Predakiller

NU: Takens vs Lazaaro

NU: Yettodie vs flavawhat

Doubles: LordofAngmar vs Lkrenz

ADV: Linken vs EricTheGreat

DPP: Gunthug vs Btooom!

Caramello Komalas (5) vs Baenine's Canines (5)

OU: Schuchty vs DoubleJ

OU: SejuaniSupport vs Torinnnnn

OU: NightArch vs Spxter

UU: NikhilR vs Guerinf

UU: yangsam vs DestructX

NU: LifeStyle vs YUBELLLLLLLLLLLL

NU: timwaps vs GymLeaderGaryy

Doubles: Imabetheverybest vs Jice

ADV: Tyrone vs Tranzmaster

DPP: Oltan vs Moetal

Hellacious Houndooms (1) vs West High Knights (9)

OU: Walpayer vs Kevola 

OU: Krillin vs LegendL

OU: Fipp vs FABBROoo

UU: Sebat vs overToasted

UU: Bluejim vs BlackJovi

NU: YungMulah vs Parke

NU: Didistutter vs Miguelez

Doubles: Jayfeatskyd vs BlueBreath

ADV: Spaintakula vs Verrus

DPP: Giantpipe vs SweeTforU

@Cuboned

I'd just like to point out that Cuboned have 3 substitutes. A sub could've been made by 4f (since doc's at the docs) to make sure the match got played. I had this same thing happen in W1 when Tim dropped of the face of the earth, ended up having to make a sub since Tim only turned up 5min after deadline.

And don't give me this 4f was asleep nonsense, I've been staying up until like 4am on Sundays just to make sure matches are played and to send my roster for the following week, plus he was online literally 30min before watching Hassan vs Kanzo, I'm sure he could've stayed online for at least 30min longer

Posted this in the manager pm, I legit wan't to know why a sub wasn't played

2 hours ago, XPLOZ said:

I'm not saying it solves anything. I'm losing interest, that's all. I don't want to play in an event with bs decisions (involving 2 guys from the same team) and no competition. I want to see battles. I want to win if I desserve to, and to lose if i'm bad.

Last season, Guerinf v Noad, very similar situation and an extra time was given because the result of the battle was decisive. We lost, but we fucking felt much better than winning on such a bullshit.

But that's my point, it doesn't solve anything, yet most of your team want's to act childish over this one decision

At the end of the day what happened to Ari is lame and you can't blame him for no showing, but at the first signs of his disappearance there should've been scrambling in the Cuboned base. Yet instead they all just expected the match to get prolonged despite the rule being clear as day in the first post of every week  Deadline Sunday, 23rd of October at 5PM PDT  There was a long discussion before psl in the general thread too about how to avoid activity wins, and it was stated that there would be no extensions + would be consequences for no shows. JJ specifically made these rules set in stone to prevent controversial 50/50 decisions back in September. If Cuboned actually boycott the rest of the season, that's pretty fucking pathetic considering it was up to you guys to avoid this mishap.

here's my predictions, could end up in a one sided week imo but nobody to count out

The Savage Swamperts (0) vs Cuboned (0)

Team Riga (0) vs Wynaut Zoidberg (0) 

ADV: Linken vs EricTheGreat

Caramello Komalas (0) vs Baenine's Canines (0)

Hellacious Houndooms (0) vs West High Knights (0)

It would be legit pooped for Doc's team to drop out or whatever they are trying to do, they are at a solid spot right now. 13k credits going into the mid season.. top 4 teams right now I think, solid lineup. Why toss away a high chance of winning PSL like that?

i do believe what happened wasn't entirely fair but dropping out because of something this dumb is even dumber (yeah ik its not a word). you're all acting childish and you guys should move on and shrug it off and use this bad experience to fule your fire and win this season. This experience has already brought your team closer together but not in a good way, try to swap it around and use it for positivity.

Edited by Telf

Predictions (A lot of them were hard to choose so I flipped a coin)

Spoiler

The Savage Swamperts (3) vs Cuboned (7)

Team Riga (1) vs Wynaut Zoidberg (9)

Caramello Komalas (0) vs Baenine's Canines (10)

Hellacious Houndooms (4) vs West High Knights (6)

A lot of good matchups this week though

Siced about

Edited by JIceJDragon
49 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

Let's not confuse what you are doing. You are purely trying to get the free win for your team as is within your rights, but please spare the false empathy its very condescending. Sure we have 3 substitutes but that doesn't mean shit when you account how active they are + how little time there was remaining for the week, There would have been very little if not no time to build a team that is even if any of them were online (kek). The only reason you would even bring this up is if you were suggesting the substitute would be given an extension which we all know is false.

This aside I think it's safe to say that Arimanius missing his battle was not his fault. Which means we need to look at the root cause it is because of late scheduling. Considering how Ari was the one to make contact albeit late and how he also offered saturday as an option shows that the late scheduling was far from being entirely his fault. The reason why people were pushing for tighter deadlines was to stop people coming up with bs excuses to try and get extensions when in reality they were just being lazy. We live in the real world where shit can go wrong. Arimanius did what should be expected of him but got fucked by something entirely outside of his control. This is not some super serious shit that cannot be worked around we are here playing a fucking Pokemon Game, the keyword there being game. Shit like this happening in real life cannot be prevented or worked around, rescheduling a battle on a shitty little pokemon game that nobody cares about however is.

32 minutes ago, Rendiz said:

Let's not confuse what you are doing. You are purely trying to get the free win for your team as is within your rights, but please spare the false empathy its very condescending. Sure we have 3 substitutes but that doesn't mean shit when you account how active they are + how little time there was remaining for the week, There would have been very little if not no time to build a team that is even if any of them were online (kek). The only reason you would even bring this up is if you were suggesting the substitute would be given an extension which we all know is false.

This aside I think it's safe to say that Arimanius missing his battle was not his fault. Which means we need to look at the root cause it is because of late scheduling. Considering how Ari was the one to make contact albeit late and how he also offered saturday as an option shows that the late scheduling was far from being entirely his fault. The reason why people were pushing for tighter deadlines was to stop people coming up with bs excuses to try and get extensions when in reality they were just being lazy. We live in the real world where shit can go wrong. Arimanius did what should be expected of him but got fucked by something entirely outside of his control. This is not some super serious shit that cannot be worked around we are here playing a fucking Pokemon Game, the keyword there being game. Shit like this happening in real life cannot be prevented or worked around, rescheduling a battle on a shitty little pokemon game that nobody cares about however is.

Last year I got railed on because I was constantly bending the rules as host and "filling in the gray areas" with my own judgement. In the offseason, the two most self righteous people on the forums, both of which are on cuboned, led a crusade against the "disgusting" activity wins in PSL and threatened not to play if something wasn't done. So JJ does what I wish had been done before my season as host, creates rules that are set in stone to discourage late week scheduling and activity wins, and now at the first little sign of controversy an entire team is threatening to walk? Because of a match that could possibly have changed their loss to a tie? Lol, fucking good riddance.

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

I'm going to be honest I can't remember the decisions you had but for the most part the reasons they had were pretty fucking poor. Wasn't Guerinfs excuses that he went out and got drunk and forgot about it? That doesn't even seem remotely comparable to a random ass earthquake.