[PSL 6] Week Four

3 hours ago, CCMayhem said:

Its not like it wasn't extenuating circumstances though, i imagine him huddled in a bathtub somewhere the ground is shaking glasses falling off shelves, and all this guy can think is "I gota get on for my PSL match" the power comes back on he races to his computer eager to get on and play his match and then he discovers it was forfeit, he probably fell to his knees and yelled at the universe for screwing him over.

I'm not getting involved but this made me LOL. Poor Ari, I really hope it didn't go down like this for you. <3

5b4fede877c8e50e8bf2785d106875ca.png

This is so wrong. If Komalas had won 5-4, I would honnestly not even care. 

2 hours ago, NikhilR said:

But how is it an unfair ruling when it is according to the rules?

Rules are rules. That doesn't make them fair. 

Hide contents

There are no extensions, so if a match does not take place, you're at risk for an activity decision and possible suspension for one week

Being at risk doesn't mean there will be an activity decision necessarily. Given what happened, people are shocked by this cold ruling. This is not even a no contest. It is a an acitivity lose for Arimanius. How fucked up is that?

25 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

There's literally a group of people who are willing to withdraw from PSL over one activity decision that has a negligible impact on the standings,

Little shits can add up. Auction scandal, this, what will be next? It is clearly more about trust than the psl outcome imo.

30 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

The next opponents of the leaving team will be awarded a week win without even playing which is totally unfair with the teams that already played against them.

This is true. Ironically, the only way to fix this would be to nullify all the wins, losses and ties that teams got when playing against Cuboned which means Arimanius would have never actually lost against Yangsam kek. 

11 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Little shits can add up. Auction scandal, this, what will be next? It is clearly more about trust than the psl outcome imo.. 

Was there an auction scandal this season? Or are you referring to last season? Last season's was 100% my fault and shouldn't reflect on Jj's hosting ability or trustworthiness. I'd agree with you that this is a "cold" ruling but it's not biased. This is just how Jj has decided to run PSL, and tbh he's giving such a huge portion of his time and effort to run this that he can run it however he wants. The response, threatening to withdraw, is extremely disproportional imo

15 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Hide contents

There are no extensions, so if a match does not take place, you're at risk for an activity decision and possible suspension for one week

Being at risk doesn't mean there will be an activity decision necessarily. Given what happened, people are shocked by this cold ruling. This is not even a no contest. It is a an acitivity lose for Arimanius. How fucked up is that?

I think the decision as to whether it becomes an activity loss or not, depends on whether either of the players showed up. If both players didn't play, it'd be a no contest but since yang was here, it became an activity loss. 

1 minute ago, NikhilR said:

I think the decision as to whether it becomes an activity loss or not, depends on whether either of the players showed up. If both players didn't play, it'd be a no contest but since yang was here, it became an activity loss. 

hey nik can u not show up for ur match this week so baenine's get the win and you can show that JJ isn't biased to non-LYLE members?

The single fact that this is being portrayed as an Aura v JJ thing is in its own right just disgusting and childish. The rules are there for everyone, not for me to pick and choose who they apply to.

Ari last power and couldn't play his match. He isn't suspended but unfortunately per the rules he loses by an activity decision and does not get an extension. Is that fair? Yes. Is it right? Maybe not. But we have to stick by our guns. Managers and players alike joined this season with the indication that they would stand by my decisions. The first time this goes awry you decide to quit. 

I like ari. I like doc. Both know this. There is no bias. Just a mean rule we all agreed to play by. 

Edited by DoubleJ
3 minutes ago, Spaintakula said:

So if I schedule a match on sunday with inarin at the last moment, and I'm god, and I make a flood near him making him unable to play, I get the win?

Or if I like, schedule on sunday, and I go over on sunday to him, incapacitate him to the point he can't move, I still win right?

Yes, but it's hard to do a few of those things. Like forcing someone to schedule on sunday. If you're saying "I can only play on sunday, we have to play then" and the other guy is saying "I can play everyday except sunday" guess who is going to be favored there in ruling? 

Being god and manhunting your opponent are also hard to do I guess, but less so than the forcing a sunday time i'd say. 

40 minutes ago, Spaintakula said:

So if I schedule a match on sunday with inarin at the last moment, and I'm god, and I make a flood near him making him unable to play, I get the win?

All you need to hope for is about 1 centimetre of snow, us Brits literally cannot function in even the most minute presence of snow. I'm talking schools closings, roads shutting down at first sight of it. ;o