Tourney Prizes

GeneralVenican

Question

How about making tourney prizes breedable and still have them untradeable. a player has to work hard to even get high up into the rankings of pokemmo tourneys, and having a shitty 2x31 shiny and some money is kinda sad. if they were breedable they could collect the prizes, breed and make a comp out of them. its very rarely i see shinies used in competetive and you would need to win a collection of tourneys to get the shiny you want. i could make this better but u get my point

20 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Summrs said:

all 25 and 2 31s isnt "shitty" Lol... 

they are when u can easily breed a pokemon ALOT better. there is alot of shiny gift pokemon out there just sitting in the box not getting used cus the owner already has a better one or they are making a better one. its just a waste of precious space in the boxes. sure its cool to have many of them, but there is no way to show off them off other then linking them in chat or having them behind you. i think it would be alot more "fun" in a way to see people have more shinies in the competetive scene. and il say it again, what wrong with having them being able to breed them but keep them untrableable. it does not ruin the market, the value or anything

3 minutes ago, GeneralVenican said:

then dont be a scouting scrub, and since its untrable its just for show, so i have no idea how this could be a bad thing

Well I think his point was that these shinies aren't getting used much not because of their IVs but because once you reveal it's moveset/ev spread, it's pretty much scouted for the rest of perpetuality. So I don't think being able to breed shiny prizes will actually make them used more often 

edit: blows my mind that the word e-ternal is still filtered lol that game has been dead for years 

Edited by Gunthug

I mean the difference between 31 and 25 IV is 2 points. The only stat this will make much of a difference in is speed, but in that case you can just choose speed as one of your 31's. Otherwise those 2 points either have no effect or change a damage roll by <1%.

There is litterally nothing uncompworthy about the current prizes (well hidden power). If you already have a better pokemon of the same type you can just make a different set on it. There are multiple ways you can run the same pokemon

The difference is +3 stats at level 50 not +2. And yes typically this isn't a big deal but for certain EV spreads it can become problematic. For example I like to invest a little HP / Def on my gengars to help live stuff and then throw the leftover EVs into spatk. To hit the HP / Def stat that I want to run takes 48 extra EVs which equates to me losing 6 spatk, or in my case with one of the 1x31 shinys I lose 9 spatk. which is certainly more than 1% damage roll.

Honestly though I don't see this as such a big issue. The current comp shinys are still definitely usable and are typically far better than my average breed since I never breed a 31 unless I need it (speed) and I have won tournaments using comps with 0 31s. That being said though there really is no real reason to not give us more other than some bs half arsed excuse that everyone knows is false.

Moving away from this by far the main issue with comp shinys is how easily they are scouted, unless you are able to constantly change its moveset which in a lot of instances just isn't possible and also simply not worth it, it can be a great detriment to bring them since everyone knows the set you are using. It would be nice if there way to disable showing that its shiny in tournaments to help alleviate scouting for shinys and make them worth using.

Edited by Rendiz
Because I Can.
2 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

I mean the difference between 31 and 25 IV is 2 points. The only stat this will make much of a difference in is speed, but in that case you can just choose speed as one of your 31's. Otherwise those 2 points either have no effect or change a damage roll by <1%.

There is litterally nothing uncompworthy about the current prizes (well hidden power). If you already have a better pokemon of the same type you can just make a different set on it. There are multiple ways you can run the same pokemon

Nah Kiz, the damage roll is affected by a much larger %. I kind of was one of those ppl who believed 31 speed and 25+ everything was more than good enough, but it really isn't  I remember doing this calc yesterday when yang's match was going on. He had a 25 hp and 24 def Sharpedo (-def nature) vs Flava's pinsir. Assuming Flava's pinsir to be adamant:

With 31 hp and 31 def:

252+ Atk Pinsir Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Sharpedo: 136-160 (93.7 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

With yang's ivs (let's laugh at him):

252+ Atk Pinsir Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Sharpedo: 143-169 (100.7 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

That difference is massive and if non -def nature, like naive with perfect ivs:

252+ Atk Pinsir Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sharpedo: 122-144 (84.1 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Whereas with 25 hp and 24 def:

252+ Atk Pinsir Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sharpedo: 128-151 (90.1 - 106.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

That 30% increase chance of guaranteeing a ko or having a chance to ko matters so much. So many times I've had 1 hp lives on my pokemon and that's thankfully to my ivs or maybe a low roll haha, but still the point is that every single iv matters so, so much. Even though it's a shiny pokemon, it absolutely means nothing when it won't (personal opinion) be used well in competitive play. The reason most of us don't use it in officials is because there's no reason to lower your odds of winning when you have a much better iv'd comp lying around. It's nice to have comp shinies to show off because that's the only reason any of us do use it in PvP, but sadly it has no monetary value. 

I've always been sad that we never see many shiny gifts during events.

Maybe once they are won, they just are put in the PC and thats all ?

If the reason is the "only 2*31" I'm not against this suggestion.

To me, shiny gifts are supposed to be used in PvP, not just as follower while "Afk-verm"ing.

Still, I think breeding is not the best idea for it.

7 hours ago, Raederz said:

To me, shiny gifts are supposed to be used in PvP, not just as follower while "Afk-verm"ing.

Thank you for seeing it from our perspective, and to answer your question, yes it's because they are only 2x31 they aren't used. The only reason I have ever used any of my shiny gifts in events is if I didn't have the non shiny version of the same species with the same set previously. 

Edited by NikhilR
7 hours ago, Raederz said:

Well, a shiny mon set is scouteable very easy, so once it is scouted, unless it's a wall or something like that.. it loses the element of surprise so no point in using it again (imo) 

E: But thats just some of them, not saying it applies to every shiny 

Edited by BlackJovi
2 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

Well, a shiny mon set is scouteable very easy, so once it is scouted, unless it's a wall or something like that.. it loses the element of surprise so no point in using it again (imo) 

E: But thats just some of them, not saying it applies to every shiny 

I see many people using the same mon every round, with the same name, so, must not be that important for some species. The fact is I NEVER see shiny-gifts during officials :/

Just now, Raederz said:

I see many people using the same mon every round, with the same name, so, must not be that important for some species. The fact is I NEVER see shiny-gifts during officials :/

Well people may be using the same species with the same name every round, but the set can be different and that's the element of surprise Jovi was talking about. 

Just now, Raederz said:

I think I use my shiny flygon a lot when I bothered to play for tourneys, but some people just dont feel the need to use shinies since they can use like 5x31s or they dont rly care about showing they have a shiny comp. 

2 hours ago, Raederz said:

I have 6 metas with the same name. Doesnt mean they are the same set.

But yeah LF option to disable showing that a mon is shiny during tournaments