Foreign Trades

So I thought I'd just post my concern here... right now for me the biggest problem in MMO is the language barrier. The majority of the players as we all know are Chinese right now. Most of the trades I do are with Chinese players and I find it severely difficult. Like for instance when you're discussing a trade and negotiating it takes time and patience to get the right message through. I mean it's also difficult for them to trade with English players. They own up to 70%+ imo of the market so it's easier to search or find specific vanities / mons when doing deals with them but like I said most of the deals that don't happen is due to miscommunication in chat. I also feel like what is up with the trade corner.. I don't know if anyone has noticed but trade corner in this forums is dead where as in the Chinese forums it's on fire. Are english players just such a miniority right now that the market is dead between them? A few years ago the trade corner was the ideal place to create a thread advertising whatever you want and now only a hand full of players use it. I mean the chinese don't even see our threads because they have their own forums. I just feel like there should be a better method or a conjoined forums to make it easier to interact with Chinese players. Like an in-game translator or something of the likes, I mean... if you play on phone you can't even use translator or at least I have tried and can't paste or copy anything.. not even too mention that the translation you get is 10-1 gibberish. I mean I like the Chinese and would love to do more deals with them but it's challenging to say the least. I feel like there is an obvious divide between them and the rest of the community and imo that shouldn't be the case. Maybe it's just me but I kinda hope someone feels the same way.

So what I'm asking for, is advice on the best methods you guys use to do deals with them.. interact with them.. what works for you? 

43 minutes ago, Goku said:

So I thought I'd just post my concern here... right now for me the biggest problem in MMO is the language barrier. The majority of the players as we all know are Chinese right now. Most of the trades I do are with Chinese players and I find it severely difficult. Like for instance when you're discussing a trade and negotiating it takes time and patience to get the right message through. I mean it's also difficult for them to trade with English players. They own up to 70%+ imo of the market so it's easier to search or find specific vanities / mons when doing deals with them but like I said most of the deals that don't happen is due to miscommunication in chat. I also feel like what is up with the trade corner.. I don't know if anyone has noticed but trade corner in this forums is dead where as in the Chinese forums it's on fire. Are english players just such a miniority right now that the market is dead between them? A few years ago the trade corner was the ideal place to create a thread advertising whatever you want and now only a hand full of players use it. I mean the chinese don't even see our threads because they have their own forums. I just feel like there should be a better method or a conjoined forums to make it easier to interact with Chinese players. Like an in-game translator or something of the likes, I mean... if you play on phone you can't even use translator or at least I have tried and can't paste or copy anything.. not even too mention that the translation you get is 10-1 gibberish. I mean I like the Chinese and would love to do more deals with them but it's challenging to say the least. I feel like there is an obvious divide between them and the rest of the community and imo that shouldn't be the case. Maybe it's just me but I kinda hope someone feels the same way.

So what I'm asking for, is advice on the best methods you guys use to do deals with them.. interact with them.. what works for you? 

use gtl.

10 minutes ago, Minks said:

use deepl.com instead of google translate, link vanities instead of naming them and use pokedex numbers instead of pokemon names

source; i am a chinese businessman

How to link a vanity if you don't have it..x"D translator also doesn't know what an elfbot outfit is or how to translate a range of them efficiently. I will try Deepl.com though.Thanks for the advice

25 minutes ago, Branaso said:

Me finding difficulty with both Chinese and Spain people ;-;

I feel like the majority of Spanish players have a good understanding of English and in terms of using a translator it works well where as mandarin translations are less accurate.

51 minutes ago, Ayzakk said:

usen traductor, la wea resuelta, buenas tardes a todos

Like I said translating mandarin to english and vice versa isn't the most accurate. Especially when you start to mention pokemon names, items, town / city names.. so I don't see how "the problem is solved" simply by using a translator.. but thanks for your input.

According to my conversation with @Thekingofglorythe Chinese text file include as well the English name of cosmetics written inside a () after the Chinese name.

But I use to have Chinese friends and I ask them what is the name of the cosmetics in Chinese.

The literal translation is a bit different and they get confusing

Black Reaper Hood: Black Night / Red Night.

Vermillion: Dead Leaves (Kuye).

Water Elfbot Hat: Water Machine Cap.

Shiny: Brilliant 

The Chinese understand that 10,000PokeYen is 1W. And they can make a mistake thinking that 1W is 1m (1,000,000).

My chinese friend teached me that 100,000,000 is 1e.

I remember I was trying to get a Water Elfbot Hat but in English trade I couldn't find it. I figured how to write it in Chinese and could get it sooner.

Pokemons in Chinese:

Go to Bulbapedia Pokemon Species Page and change the language to Chinese. Copy the Chinese text. It is the Pokemon name.

Edited by MightyMichele
10 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

According to my conversation with @Thekingofglorythe Chinese text file include as well the English name of cosmetics written inside a () after the Chinese name.

But I use to have Chinese friends and I ask them what is the name of the cosmetics in Chinese.

The literal translation is a bit different and they get confusing

Black Reaper Hood: Black Night / Red Night.

Vermillion: Dead Leaves (Kuye).

Water Elfbot Hat: Water Machine Cap.

The Chinese understand that 10,000PokeYen is 1W. And they can make a mistake thinking that 1W is 1m (1,000,000).

My chinese friend teached me that 100,000,000 is 1e.

I remember I was trying to get a Water Elfbot Hat but in English trade I couldn't find it. I figured how to write it in Chinese and could get it sooner.

Pokemons in Chinese:

Go to Bulbapedia Pokemon Species Page and change the language to Chinese. Copy the Chinese text. It is the Pokemon name.

Thank you for the advice. I'll definitely do that.

fairly easy to go about the language barrier, if shinies, show random mon + flash tm in front and they'll know you mean shiny, yen wise, like Michelle said, it's the easiest way, vanity wise it's fairly easy to communicate aswell, if it's breakdowns ask them to link, if you're selling, you link, and so on. The only hard part is the meeting region part, and even that if not on bulbapedia you can find through google, or other chinese platforms like bilibili etc.

9 minutes ago, BrokenJoker said:

May they could add an option to trade items for items on gtl. That way he could specify what he wants and any one willing to make the trade will just offer up the items he wants. That way he wouldnt need to learn other languages or use translator as much.

Like a negotiate button. Like an offer button and you add the amount of yen, pokemon, vanities or even items you are willing to trade for the listing. As soon as the seller recieved an offer he gets a notification. He can then review the multiple offers on it and then he can use the accept button or as he wants. Although I think this might only work if both parties are online. The reason for this is because you might make an offer and the seller only logs on next day but then you already sold 1 of the items you offered. One can also know if a seller is online each and every time he logs on his listings becomes a green color and an offer option appears on everything and then when they're offline it's red. Maybe this sounds silly but I feel like it'll make trades easier and you don't even have to communicate with the players.. thus solving the entire communication problem. Maybe a bit of a stretch? Idk... but maybe GTL needs an upgrade.

Edited by Goku

When

1 hour ago, Goku said:

Like a negotiate button. Like an offer button and you add the amount of yen, pokemon, vanities or even items you are willing to trade for the listing. As soon as the seller recieved an offer he gets a notification. He can then review the multiple offers on it and then he can use the accept button or as he wants. Although I think this might only work if both parties are online.

When you send an offer your items/money/cosmetics/Pokemon should be took off your account and sent to a limbo and the seller receives a notification that lasts 5 minutes. When he responds to the notification or the time expires, the items are sent back or the trade is complete. But can only be performed in a PC and the buyer pays a tax if the transaction is successfully concluded (email fee)

1 hour ago, MightyMichele said:

When

When you send an offer your items/money/cosmetics/Pokemon should be took off your account and sent to a limbo and the seller receives a notification that lasts 5 minutes. When he responds to the notification or the time expires, the items are sent back or the trade is complete. But can only be performed in a PC and the buyer pays a tax if the transaction is successfully concluded (email fee)

Even better. I think it's a great idea to be honest. 

@Kyu is this something your team had discussed before? Really an interesting idea for the GTL.

Edited by Goku
3 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

Pokemon omega online had a similar mechanic for the trade chat but all the offers could be seen by everyone.