Communication or no communication vote

Should the player base be told about event delays in advance?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Tell player base relevant info about major events before they happen?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, BrokenJoker said:

Deixe sua voz ser ouvida.

Apenas para colocar alguns números nesta questão, por favor vote o que você sente pessoalmente sobre o pessoal dando ou não informações sobre os eventos de antemão.

these events are really very sad, a simple communication from the team would be enough to put an end to these doubts, it doesn't hurt to talk about whether the event will actually happen or not.

I voted no, . the devs dont owe you anything, dont like it dont play. Those of use who enjoy the game for what it is and what we make of it. The playerbase has become entitled with the events, spoiled to a point where they dont consider that they are just a cool aditional bonus. Let it be a suprise instead of expecting it

13 minutes ago, XanarchyNL said:

I voted no, . the devs dont owe you anything, dont like it dont play. Those of use who enjoy the game for what it is and what we make of it. The playerbase has become entitled with the events, spoiled to a point where they dont consider that they are just a cool aditional bonus. Let it be a suprise instead of expecting it

If the charge money for something thats in the game and players are paying them big time, they should tell us about thinks bevor they come around.

i dont really know this but i would guess that atleast 2-4 guys are living off off pokemmo  so they should care about the community 

36 minutes ago, XanarchyNL said:

Smh thank God you don't run the game and hopefully not any kind of business in real life. This game is literally funded and based off the participation of the playerbase...Without us there is no PokeMMO.

It's not about entitlement or being spoiled it's about simple communication that's all. It's neither here nor there if we actually get the event or not but to pretend the devs owe nothing to it's playerbase is pure bullshit. 

If the playerbase took the advice of "don't like it don't play" then the game literally falls apart and becomes a ghost town. Retaining your playerbase via good management is essential to any success of ANY MMO. Smh. Please refrain from becoming a person in any position that has a base that you require something from.

Es el colmo que no le presten atención a su comunidad, muchas personas planean sus horarios para jugar estos eventos, pero al parecer les llega altamente a los desarrolladores, como si les pesara la mano para escribir un simple SI o NO avisando sobre el evento.

It is the last straw that they do not pay attention to their community, many people plan their schedules to play these events, but apparently it reaches the developers highly, as if their hand was heavy to write a simple YES or NO warning about the event.

2 hours ago, Hjortsson said:

Damn, did all the staff wake up to vote no or what happened there?

I'd appreciate if the players voting no explained their reasoning if there is any.

Some people just don't care about whether or not there's an event, so they don't care that there hasn't been any communication.

1 hour ago, CanIsMad said:

If the charge money for something thats in the game and players are paying them big time, they should tell us about thinks bevor they come around.

i dont really know this but i would guess that atleast 2-4 guys are living off off pokemmo  so they should care about the community 

They dont though, the game is free to play, Buying RP is a donation, Xsolla takes the majority of the money the game makes.

1 hour ago, Ryukaai said:

Smh thank God you don't run the game and hopefully not any kind of business in real life. This game is literally funded and based off the participation of the playerbase...Without us there is no PokeMMO.

It's not about entitlement or being spoiled it's about simple communication that's all. It's neither here nor there if we actually get the event or not but to pretend the devs owe nothing to it's playerbase is pure bullshit. 

If the playerbase took the advice of "don't like it don't play" then the game literally falls apart and becomes a ghost town. Retaining your playerbase via good management is essential to any success of ANY MMO. Smh. Please refrain from becoming a person in any position that has a base that you require something from.

And without comunication the game has continued to run, with a growing playerbase. People will play the game wether we get communication and events or if we dont, as has been evidenced by the 10 years of its existence. So this argument of we need communication or the game will fail is just flawed. You just feel entitled to communication because you feel like you a necessary to the ecosystem, but youre just part of the vocal minority. The game has and will thrive with the current level of communication.

3 minutes ago, XanarchyNL said:

And without comunication the game has continued to run, with a growing playerbase. People will play the game wether we get communication and events or if we dont, as has been evidenced by the 10 years of its existence. So this argument of we need communication or the game will fail is just flawed. You just feel entitled to communication because you feel like you a necessary to the ecosystem, but youre just part of the vocal minority. The game has and will thrive with the current level of communication.

Just because the game continues to grow in spite of bad communication does not mean that the poor communication is excusable, acceptable or preferable. 

The game does well because it's a great PokeMMO in fact it's the best and it has no competitors. If PokeMMO had a legit competitor that they had to contend with everything you said goes out the window so it's not like the players have a choice in terms of another pokemon MMO if they want a quality experience.

The players ARE necessary to the ecosystem of PokeMMO as stated before without us there is no game. Yes the game will continue to thrive in it's current condition because we don't really have a choice in terms of comparable Pokemon MMOs. In fact the situation is comparable to the Sims and the growing dissatisfaction of it's playerbase and the growing anticipation of paralives where before paralives EA could afford to do as they please because they were the only fish in the pond but with paralives announcement they will be FORCED to listen and adhere to the concerns of the players lest they start losing customers to the point where the Sims is no longer profitable enough to justify development costs of future titles. 

So really what you're describing is a case of being the only fish in the pond 

1 hour ago, Ryukaai said:

Just because the game continues to grow in spite of bad communication does not mean that the poor communication is excusable, acceptable or preferable. 

The game does well because it's a great PokeMMO in fact it's the best and it has no competitors. If PokeMMO had a legit competitor that they had to contend with everything you said goes out the window so it's not like the players have a choice in terms of another pokemon MMO if they want a quality experience.

The players ARE necessary to the ecosystem of PokeMMO as stated before without us there is no game. Yes the game will continue to thrive in it's current condition because we don't really have a choice in terms of comparable Pokemon MMOs. In fact the situation is comparable to the Sims and the growing dissatisfaction of it's playerbase and the growing anticipation of paralives where before paralives EA could afford to do as they please because they were the only fish in the pond but with paralives announcement they will be FORCED to listen and adhere to the concerns of the players lest they start losing customers to the point where the Sims is no longer profitable enough to justify development costs of future titles. 

Pokemmo has significant competition from other pokemon mmos, Pro and P0k30ne are examples of this. certainly not the only fish in the pond

Edited by XanarchyNL
censor
4 minutes ago, Ryukaai said:

my man here is fighting for his life in every forumsthread making his point, cant wait to see the film version in cinemas. true hero stories are rare these days

3 minutes ago, Ryukaai said:

If PokeMMO had a legit competitor that they had to contend with everything you said goes out the window

It took them 10 years to build this project to where it is today, there will never be any competitor who makes a game as polished as this one. This gives them the ability to run their game in whatever way they'd like, whether you or I agree with how it's run.

You can criticize them for how they run their game but don't pretend like they're hurting themselves or the future of the game. The game is not going to collapse because the forum dwellers, who make up a very small % of the total playerbase, are upset again.

3 minutes ago, XanarchyNL said:

Pro

Nothing better than losing hours of progress because their servers crash & have rollbacks every week, Kyu is trembling at their polished, well-made product. 

4 minutes ago, XanarchyNL said:

Pokemmo has significant competition from other pokemon mmos, Pro and THE SMOOTH AND INVIGORATING TASTE OF MONSTER ENERGY DRINK® are examples of this. certainly not the only fish in the pond

Bro be honest... Do you patronize any of the other Pokemon MMOs? And if so which game do you prefer because I have a PRO account and IMO it sucks and everyone I run across in global pretty much has the same opinion.

I wouldn't call having a game server and a few players "significant competition" but I mean if that's how you describe the other MMOs fine. You didn't even name the other significant competitive MMO games because I doubt you even know them and if you do I doubt you play them to the extent you play PokeMMO.

All I'm saying is that if PokeMMO had a relevant contender for it's spot a lot would change... It's easy to be diante wilder until Tyson fury comes along