Special Effects in Vanitys (give more sense of MMO)

MegaBladers

Question

21 answers to this question

But that no longer makes them " Vanity " and instead makes them " Gear " which would also mean that you have to wear a vanity that doesn't even fit just because it increases your rate to encounter fish by 30% not to mention we already have lures that increase by 20% 
i think this is a bad idea and will kill the economy on so many things such as accelgor and starmie/swarm bugs mons and also the RP will be spammed and will go down so much in price as these will be the meta, i don't think this is a very good idea.

the problem is you would "break" the price of the RP; example... I see that you put the breeders overall a bonus for egg hatching speed; those shiny egg hunters would buy it; so if you don't have RP you wil purchases at GTL... that cause the price increase in GTl... you caused inflation in the economy since the gtl is empty of that product  (‾◡◝)

I think the problem with adding these permanent effects to those vanities would be that they would devalue other items that activate those effects, such as amulet coins, donators status (in the case of less time to hatch eggs), lures, and others more that we do not yet take into account.

I like the idea that there are some vanities that activate special effects, but there must be another way to implement them without affecting the current value of other items that activate the same effects.

I think that in case they add these effects in vanities that we already have available it can cause drastic variations in their prices for better or worse for some players.

A possibility can be add new vanities with these special effects.

These vanities must be non-tradeable and players need to meet certain requirements to unlock them.

The effect of these new vanities with special effects would be activated only for 2 uses, each use being 1hr and it would take about 10hrs to recover each use from the end of its use time.

The requirements to unlock each of these new vanities for example:

-Have a certain number of hours played

-Fishing and catching X amount of Pokémon using super rod. (To unlock the new set with fisherman special effects)

-Capture X number of different bug type Pokémon. (To unlock the new set with special effects for bug catchers)

-Use payday X number of times // Win the leagues x number of times // Win the gym leaders x number of times. (To unlock the new set with special effects to get more money after each battle.)

- Capture X amount of shiny Pokémon. (To unlock the new set that activates X amount of Shiny spawn rate increase)

So I don't think adding special effects to some vanities will negatively affect current trade so much.

It seems to me that it would be fair and entertaining to have to meet some requirements to be able to unlock these "new vanities with special effects xd" just similar as we need to complete the Pokédex to get the skill patches.

I can think of more things but I don't want to write more and I think that my thoughts and ideas are explained well with that.

Edited by IIZapperII
3 hours ago, Barrelztitor said:

But that no longer makes them " Vanity " and instead makes them " Gear " which would also mean that you have to wear a vanity that doesn't even fit just because it increases your rate to encounter fish by 30% not to mention we already have lures that increase by 20% 
i think this is a bad idea and will kill the economy on so many things such as accelgor and starmie/swarm bugs mons and also the RP will be spammed and will go down so much in price as these will be the meta, i don't think this is a very good idea.

This is wrong opinion because the fishing outfit ALWAYS fit a true fisherman. 

It may be feasible but only with non-transferable ones so you don't crash the market and you have kind of incentive in some events like Halloween to get the exclusive vanity (and since those are seasonal you will get the one you want as long as you keep playing). They could add exclusive items to boost type encounters (like necklaces or bracelets) as well so others cosmetics don't crash. 30% is unrealistic tho it should be around 5% so it's worth getting if you're trying to shunt something specific but not too broke to make a really big diff

7 hours ago, MegaBladers said:

I was recently commenting on my youtube channel about the aspects that I like and dislike about pokemmo, including those that could make it look cooler in reference to some (specific) cosmetics in the gift shop.

I also have no idea if this has already been discussed before but I think it would be quite well within the reach of all players.

the idea is to add special effects to some cosmetics (out of combat) just like some skills do like intimidation, swarm, etc...

image.png.9c2bf068ce2bd90fa8e10fd0a4b8d105.png

image.png.d3e5bf95376a58b7e95f743c1ec7575e.png

Clearly, this needs to be thought of in a way that doesn't break the game too much, so it's good enough to be worth having, but not broken enough to unbalance other aspects of the game.

Thinking a little I have had the following suggestions...

IMPORTANT NOTE: the percentages that you will see below are only examples, because as I have already mentioned, if it were a viable idea, it would have to be studied.

image.png.fe89adc06ff9a68a84be5ce4ebb5af20.png    (+10%) egg hatching speed

image.png.e641d766875ef709295b13fc25565966.png   (+20%) Chance to find honey during battles with wild Pokémon

image.png.9b05a25f143fc4c513a44e433dc3243d.png   (+30%) more likely to find water type pokemon

image.png.3291c1a4270b3e259622efad5086c25a.png   (+20%) chance to cure status ailments when exiting battle

image.png.a8f5fd2469baf1c17f55afa8a0cad761.png   (-20%) chance of not finding wild pokemon

image.png.569c3dad223551710129f2f70af74df1.png  (+20%) more likely to find ice type pokemon

image.png.6d1c52e10d4cb2dc50eec4f46bbb953c.png   (+10%) probability of finding more money in battles

image.png.3b43fbb4a22d881735a8610867691a3c.png You gain the effect of HM Flash Permanently

image.png.cff283fabc98aa71da229a223a2ae473.png (+20%) more likely to find Flying type pokemon

image.png.d56695e586a7f2ddd9eca14677b3e3b9.png Bug Enthusiast Outfit (+20%) more likely to find flying type pokemon

image.png.c4384602393a72a86cf8b168db84542e.png Fishing Outfit (+30%) chance of having a wild encounter when you are fishing

These are some ideas that occurred to me looking a little above, and I'm sure you can get many more.

I'm sure you noticed that all of these cosmetics are mostly sets, also to balance it out a bit, it can't be stacked with other different cosmetics, as the effects only apply to the player when wearing the full set.

I would like to receive your opinions regarding this little suggestion, I feel that it would make the game much more dynamic since constantly if you want to do something you should change your outfit and an extra reason to obtain them. and it is something within the reach of practically every player.

also put the skull on fire that would give 100% for hatching eggs hahaha

I like this idea but it probably wont be implemented because it seems its not the direction the staff want to take for vanities. Kyu himself kinda hinted at that on his  April 1st post (the best post on the forums xd)

Ofc this thread was meant as a joke but it tells you how they view vanities in general i.e Vanities are just for show/to make you look cool and suggesting that they get any extra functionality either than this ,even if they become untradeable, is a laughable idea. Again i like your idea.

Edited by BrokenJoker
2 minutes ago, DOOM said:

And if we only make these vanity's work only as a complement of amulets,? i.e. if we already have an active amulet currency the vanity will increase 5% more profit and if we do not have active amulets they will not work.

I like the idea, I think it would affect the prices a little bit but not too much.

It is a great initiative, I would like cosmetics to have some use beyond appearance, but I share opinion with many comments, you have to know how to implement them, the improvements could be 1.5%, 3%, 5%, something small, but that is a complement to the percentage that already exists, that is, if you are using a magmar with body flame to hatch the eggs,  Well, this increases by 3% if you carry the complete set of fire.

1 hour ago, Rache said:

It's a cute concept but I can't see us ever pursuing it. A very major downside to applying gameplay bonuses to cosmetics is that it punishes players for wearing what they actually want to.

Personally I don't see it as a punishment. I see it as just another side to your look, influenced by your hobbies. If anything it'd broaden what people choose to wear, and when.

A visual indicator for what players are doing in the world would also be welcome, as most times you cannot discern why a crowd has formed around an area.

That being said, these things could be acheived in other ways without altering existing cosmetics. A safari charm for example, reducing a Pokémon's chance to flee, and so on.

Thanks for the reply, though I hope it is considered behind the scenes at some point. 💖