Ability: Cursed Body  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Shadow Ball  
- Focus Blast  
- Sludge Wave / Thunderbolt / Destiny Bond
- Nasty Plot  

Hp ice on this set is better to not get walled by dnite/glisc/chomp without fairy types poison stab is not really useful

1 hour ago, Lumiere said:

Chansey @ Eviolite  
Ability: Natural Cure  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Seismic Toss / Psywave  
- Teleport  
- Soft-Boiled  
- Wish  

Chansey @ Eviolite  
Ability: Natural Cure  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Seismic Toss / Psywave  
- Soft-Boiled  
- Toxic / Teleport
- Stealth Rock  

0 speed and -speed natures for the chansey mirrors is better

Dragonite @ Dragon Gem / Life Orb  
Ability: Multiscale  
EVs: 6 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Rash Nature  
- Draco Meteor  
- Flamethrower  
- Extreme Speed  
- Superpower  

Needs some atk evs to guarantee beating blobs without having to predict 52 evs shud be enough and still be faster than standard glisc

Espeon @ Leftovers  
Ability: Magic Bounce  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spe  
Bold Nature  
- Psychic  
- Baton Pass / Calm Mind 
- Wish  
- Protect

This espeon set needs to reach 135 speed to surpass base 80 with neutral speed nature

Suicune @ Leftovers  
Ability: Pressure  
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Spe  
Bold Nature  
- Scald  
- Protect / Ice Beam
- Substitute  
- Calm Mind  

If you are not running full speed isnt great to run sub protect and if ice beam you should try to reach 135 speed too for breloom/dnite

Suicune @ Leftovers  
Ability: Pressure  
Bold Nature  
- Scald  
- Roar  
- Calm Mind  
- Rest

This needs some speed too or its gonna lose vs other suicunes

Tyranitar @ Choice Band  
Ability: Sand Stream  
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Stone Edge  
- Crunch  
- Ice Punch / Superpower
- Pursuit  

Drop some speed and put 76 spdef evs to live a bbuz from +1 volc anyways full sped wont change anything

I also think this list is missing lead ttar and chople one

Pelipper @ Damp Rock  
Ability: Drizzle  
Bold Nature  
- Scald  
- Hurricane / Defog 
- Roost  
- U-turn  

Peli is usually the only conk check in rain I think it needs to be faster to avoid getting 2hkod by facade 100 speed evs are fine

Salamence @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe  
Bold Nature  
- Draco Meteor  
- Flamethrower  
- Roost  
- Defog

This needs more speed or breloom is gonna drop it after and sd

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers 
Ability: Rough Skin  
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe  
Impish Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Dragon Tail / Dragon Claw 
- Toxic / Endure 
- Stealth Rock

Fire blast over toxic/endure is a great option too to avoid steel types setting spikes up freely and it can run some speed to check gallade/breloom better 

Aint careful chomp a thing anymore?

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb  
Ability: Guts  
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe or 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe 
Adamant Nature  
- Close Combat / Drain Punch 
- Mach Punch  
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch / Earthquake / Facade

Please dont use full hp conk ever spdef/speed>hp 

Reuniclus

This is missing modest life orb set, great gliscor/dnite/garchomp/gallade check for more offensive oriented teams

Mienshao @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Regenerator  
EVs: 100 HP / 156 SpD / 252 Spe or 244 HP / 244 SpD / 20 Spe
Jolly / Careful Nature  
- Close Combat  
- U-turn  
- Rock Slide / Rock Tomb  
- Knock Off  

196 or 172 hp evs give maximizes regen hp and even the slower mienshao should reach at least 135 speed

Also why scarf shao isnt in the list?

Hydreigon

Choiced sets?

Volcarona

Psychic gem volc is good enough that It should get a spot in the list, deals with dnite/gyara/shao/conk with 1 move 

7 hours ago, Lumiere said:

Notes:
- This only contains information about sets that I thought would be useful for new players to use.
- These Pokémon strategies are basic and correspond to probably the most standard things that are used in OU.
- Remember, EV spreads may vary depending on what is most suitable for your own team.

I could rework on the introduction because I understand if "advanced PvPers" won't agree too much with most of the sets added on this list.
These sets are BASIC and are what you are probably going to find when playing a RANKED/CASUAL game.
I understand the point if ur experienced you want to optimize the things on ur own, but that is probably not the most used and what you will find when playing in-game match.
I'll be honest, even I optimize all my sets and EVs, however, if we stick to reality, telling players that the STANDARD of OU is to use those Pokémon with those specific EVs would be lying to them, since whether some like it or not, the most common thing seen by players today is a "252/252/6" spread and I don't want to give them a wrong idea of miscalculations because I gave a specific thing. Thats the point why I added the EV spread note, take it a little in consideration. 

I may have added some custom EV spreads but I tried to make them as simple as possible so that it doesn't affect the player so much when starting up and understanding the why of each thing. Maybe I could make a guide with advanced EVs but this is my first time doing something for the community on my own and working alone on all this is too exhausting to be able to overthink each of all the Pokémon in OU.

The comment above has a lot of useful information about advanced sets, but the reality is that many of the ones mentioned like Psychic Gem Volca or Careful Garchomp (2% Nature Usage) do not adhere to what is most used or common and are non-existent in our metagame (at least in Matchmaking), perhaps at some point they were, I even worked with in-game statistics about what is the most common format but the purpose of the post was to add something that serves as a basis for what you can expect when playing an OU match or a basic idea of how to use your Pokémon.

Thank you for the feedback, and sorry by this ton of text, I just wanted to make things clear and happy to see persons trying to make the guide better.

🙂 

5 hours ago, kiwi said:

Hp ice on this set is better to not get walled by dnite/glisc/chomp without fairy types poison stab is not really useful

Added

5 hours ago, kiwi said:

Fire blast over toxic/endure is a great option too to avoid steel types setting spikes up freely

Added

5 hours ago, kiwi said:

Choiced sets?

Added

5 hours ago, kiwi said:

Also why scarf shao isnt in the list?

Added

Thanks!  

Edited by Lumiere

I think some sets should appear with recommended partners, since some of them relies on allies to be effective. 

Examples: Excadrill's Sand Rush set, should be recommended to be used alongside with Pelipper(Isn't a sand setter, but on rain can be tricky, because oponent can't disable rain with Sandstorm or it enables your excadrill.) Hippowdon or Tyranitar(Sand stream setters)

• Lumiere changed the title to [OU] PvP Sample Sets Compendium
  • 1 month later...

Gonna keep it short, as this is already a pretty good resource as is and you've made it clear that you're not editing towards a higher level of play with sets, but I'd recommend both explaining what certain custom spreads do and also giving sets actual titles, since currently none do. I'd recommend also following Smogon's layout for explaining EV spreads, and I'd point to examples like https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/pokemon/tornadus-therian/and https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/pokemon/sandy-shocks/monotype/ (if you're reading this later than when I posted then these might have changed since these link to SV analyses).

Also maybe bold this section, just so it's not as missed lol

On 10/18/2023 at 10:46 AM, Lumiere said:

Notes:
- This only contains information about sets that I thought would be useful for new players to use.
- These Pokémon strategies are basic and correspond to probably the most standard things that are used in OU.
- Remember, EV spreads may vary depending on what is most suitable for your own team.

Edited by Clastia
added actual site links bc hyperlinking isnt working
1 hour ago, Clastia said:

Gonna keep it short, as this is already a pretty good resource as is and you've made it clear that you're not editing towards a higher level of play with sets, but I'd recommend both explaining what certain custom spreads do and also giving sets actual titles, since currently none do. I'd recommend also following Smogon's layout for explaining EV spreads, and I'd point to examples like this and this (if you're reading this later than when I posted then these might have changed since these link to SV analyses).

Also maybe bold this section, just so it's not as missed lol

I think a good thing is warn to people about good partners on some sets there. Some sets like Swift Swim Kingdra/Kabutops, Sand Rush Excadrill, rely on partners to be effective.

For example: Excadrill's Mold Breaker set can be applied on a lot of teams, since it's so valuable as a setter of rocks, not letting Rotom came and defog for free, and also giving a big NO in front of Magic Bounce users that try to prevent hazards to come up. Sand Rush/Force Excadrill, however, is only effective on Sand teams, and had a niche on Rain(to have counter measures against sand.), so it can't be effective if not teamed up with Pelliper, Politoed, Tyranitar or Hipowdon

Edited by caioxlive13
14 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

I think a good thing is warn to people about good partners on some sets there. Some sets like Swift Swim Kingdra/Kabutops, Sand Rush Excadrill, rely on partners to be effective.

For example: Excadrill's Mold Breaker set can be applied on a lot of teams, since it's so valuable as a setter of rocks, not letting Rotom came and defog for free, and also giving a big NO in front of Magic Bounce users that try to prevent hazards to come up. Sand Rush/Force Excadrill, however, is only effective on Sand teams, and had a niche on Rain(to have counter measures against sand.), so it can't be effective if not teamed up with Pelliper, Politoed, Tyranitar or Hipowdon

I feel like this should be generally obvious to nearly every player, plus this would just be included in the set title (e.g. MB Excadrill is Hazard Lead, Sand Rush Excadrill is Sand Rush (Sweeper/Attacker, can be either or just not included since Sand Rush is the important bit)).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...